Jump to content
Psylaine Silvershade

Linden Homes Preview

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I think four years ago if I'd seen the current Linden homes I would feel as though I couldn't do much with them because I had been so used to basically tearing apart every home I bought and remaking them, but with mesh not being conducive to kit bashing as regular prims, I've gotten used to finding ways around all that "locked" mesh. So I feel challenged but not blocked by the homes. 

Also, this is just the beginning. There will be other styles down the road. I am eager to see what Patch and the Moles have up their sleeves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who fear this wil end all other land sales, I don't think so.

I like new and shiny. Let me live a couple months in a LL home and I am moving on. To another? Yes, maybe another LL style home.

Or to land that let me put whatever house I want there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

For those who fear this wil end all other land sales, I don't think so.

I like new and shiny. Let me live a couple months in a LL home and I am moving on. To another? Yes, maybe another LL style home.

Or to land that let me put whatever house I want there?

I'm keeping some of my mainland, but simply downsized it so that two of my alts can pull their tier from the group and get a House and a Houseboat.  I decided I wanted some variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm keeping some of my mainland, but simply downsized it so that two of my alts can pull their tier from the group and get a House and a Houseboat.  I decided I wanted some variety.

I'm really ... really tempted to add another premium so I can get both a houseboat and house even though I already have two premiums currently. I could just add some sqm to one of my premiums but going premium is such a good deal that I just might go with three.

Edited by Blush Bravin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm really ... really tempted to add another premium so I can get both a houseboat and house even though I already have two premiums currently. I could just add some sqm to one of my premiums but going premium is such a good deal that I just might go with three.

$7 a month extra tier compared to @1.50ish mo for yearly premium seems like a no-brainer for anyone who can afford $72US  in one lump :D.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have learned from experience that I am not one of those people to save the stipends and cash them out yearly to pay for the Premium renewal.  Instead most of the alt stipends go to Lil's account to fund her constant spending.

Even so, $72/yr is still only $6 a month for that 1024 of tier, rather than $7 /mth to add 1024 to an existing Premium account.  And the stipends I choose to spend total L$15,600 in a year and that would have cost approx. $63.50 at today's rates, including the transaction fee.   Thus it is still a win-win in my book.

So yeah, if you already have one Premium and are thinking of more land and/or Linden homes, that adding another Premium really is the cheaper option, whether or not you save the stipends.  

The math only works if you can afford to pay the $72 year fee as opposed to monthly or quarterly billing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I have my larger piece of Mainland for sale, but I also bought a 1024 because I loved the placement. 😁 Bought the building for it already. 😁

And I have - on Marianne - not deeded land to group, so I am free to grab a new house.

When I sell some more land, I can have a houseboat if I wish. And sell the land I will, it's just a matter of lowering the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, I was looking for a topic on the scripts and fortunately I came across this post. Do you by chance know when we could move into the new linden houses? Will Linden Lab send us a notice? forgive my INGNORANZA but it is the first time I move, so I must move first clear my current home linden, in world abandon the ground and in my profile linden choose your new home? thanks for help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, deplove said:

hi, I was looking for a topic on the scripts and fortunately I came across this post. Do you by chance know when we could move into the new linden houses? Will Linden Lab send us a notice? forgive my INGNORANZA but it is the first time I move, so I must move first clear my current home linden, in world abandon the ground and in my profile linden choose your new home? thanks for help

Hi, I don't know, maybe somebody have the "Super secret date" 😁

But anyway, I have logged in, set my land for sale and cleared it. Do you have a Linden home (one of the old ones?) If so, I would wait and just abandon it when the new ones is ready.

If I were you, I would not trust LL to send us a notice. Maybe an email, maybe a message on the screen when you log in. The best way is to watch the forums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also expect to be able to move, but will they inform us by email when we can? I am two years in SL and I have never moved from my current home Linden, for some months I have been experimenting in the design of interior design. As the owner of a linden house that puts at your disposal only a certain number of prims I thought "but why not make furniture and objects for my home by myself?" so low impact and low cost with an elegant design. For those who want ...https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/215261?lang=en-US

in my shop there is a bit my story, from simple textures to sculpted objects and now also mesh or partial mesh. I'm already planning for my new home .... thanks for reading me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Marianne, thank you so we will wait. I don't want to rez to test now in the preview houses, I have in my head what to do ... and I don't want to take away the surprise .... I'll stay connected. Have a nice Sunday...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, deplove said:

I also expect to be able to move, but will they inform us by email when we can?

I get emails for other things, so I assume they will send an email, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 12:03 AM, Marianne Little said:

So, you know more about land than me. I was looking through all my hottubs and jacuzzis, and found out that I had a great looking Rustic Porch Jacuzzi set. I bought it in a sale and forgot that I had it. It is the adult version. I never had to think about this on private land.

Can I use it if I hide avatars and have group only? Or must it be hidden totally?

What does "behind closed doors" mean?

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:

  • Allow only a group or specific individuals access to the parcel. If it is group-access only, the group must not be freely open to join.
  • Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel.
  • Enclose the area behind walls or other visual barriers.

Just to make it clear, it will not be any adult activity, it looks good and has so many different bathing and sitting animations.

I see no problem in having adult furniture, even in the garden. Most of my furniture is adult though nowadays I don't use it that way. It is several years now since I last indulged in any adult activities in SL, but I can do so if I want - just like in real life. But in RL your neighbours cannot scan through your walls and curtains and see you naked in your bath or making love with your husband. So for me it is a matter of course to set the avatars on my parcel to invisible, for what I usually do in my SL home is standing around naked, unpacking parcels and trying on clothes.

And if you do set avatars to invisible that refers to the whole parcel, garden aswell as house so (contrary to RL) nobody will see me taking a shower in my garden unless he walks in. But how do I keep people from walking into my garden? Maybe I ivnest in an orbit - which would you advise? - or I keep access restricted to people I whitelist. But that will set uo those banlines, won't it? On the other hand I can make them invisible - anyone can - but that lies in the eyes (viewer) of the beholder. What's wrong with banlines then? And what's the alternative?

I found an orbit script on the MP only 299L$ - is that a good one?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Security-Orb-Set-Full-Perm-Set/4461266

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to using adult furniture in M lands. I have a lot of furniture most of it pg but I have quite a few pieces that are adult rated as well. The furniture with adult animations that can be set to group I set as such; that way I know only my friends will have access to the menus. Also, I make sure that any furniture that has adult animations is located inside the house and not out in the garden area if it can't be set to group only access. Otherwise I don't worry about it. I typically set my land parcels so that people outside the parcel cannot see or hear people inside the parcel as well though I don't think that is necessary to satisfy the rule that adult activity must be private on M rated lands. Even if you allow others to see and hear what's happening inside your parcel as long as adult activity is occurring inside the walls of your home you should not have any trouble. If someone is going to cam inside your walls from outside your parcel then they are the ones at fault not you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

nobody will see me taking a shower in my garden

You can be naked outside in M land. Your neighbors might or might not like that you want to shower naked in your yard but there is nothing in the TOS that prohibits you doing so. You cannot be naked having sex outside in M land. So as long as you keep your sexual activity confined to inside the walls of your home you should not have any problems with the TOS. Also it's not your responsibility to make sure people cannot see activity on your parcel. You are only responsible to keep sexual activity inside the walls of your house. 

There really is no need for group only access or a security orb unless you are being stalked or have someone harassing you. In that case I would use an orb to prevent access. Hopefully you won't have that issue and so won't need to limit access.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I found an orbit script on the MP only 299L$ - is that a good one?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Security-Orb-Set-Full-Perm-Set/4461266

It may or may not be good, but it's rather expensive.  There are much cheaper options, for example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alyssa-Security-Orb-v27-Full-Perm/7127076

An expensive orb may be your ultimate choice, but you might want to experiment with one of the freebies first, to see how orbs work in general and decide whether you need any of the features of the more expensive models.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:
2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I found an orbit script on the MP only 299L$ - is that a good one?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Security-Orb-Set-Full-Perm-Set/4461266

It may or may not be good, but it's rather expensive.  There are much cheaper options, for example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alyssa-Security-Orb-v27-Full-Perm/7127076

An expensive orb may be your ultimate choice, but you might want to experiment with one of the freebies first, to see how orbs work in general and decide whether you need any of the features of the more expensive models.

I use the Alyssa orb, too. The fact is there's just not much an orb can do: White list? CHeck. Black list? Check. Timed warning? Check. Variable scanning range and timer? Check.

Here are a couple of others, too:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Security_Orb

and here:

https://www.outworldz.com/cgi/freescripts.plx?ID=505

Go figure.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm really ... really tempted to add another premium so I can get both a houseboat and house even though I already have two premiums currently. I could just add some sqm to one of my premiums but going premium is such a good deal that I just might go with three.

Well, I did it! All set and ready with a new premium when the homes are open to the public. So Debi and Blush will have Linden homes and I still have my mainland with my shop.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

In regards to using adult furniture in M lands. I have a lot of furniture most of it pg but I have quite a few pieces that are adult rated as well. The furniture with adult animations that can be set to group I set as such; that way I know only my friends will have access to the menus. Also, I make sure that any furniture that has adult animations is located inside the house and not out in the garden area if it can't be set to group only access. Otherwise I don't worry about it. I typically set my land parcels so that people outside the parcel cannot see or hear people inside the parcel as well though I don't think that is necessary to satisfy the rule that adult activity must be private on M rated lands. Even if you allow others to see and hear what's happening inside your parcel as long as adult activity is occurring inside the walls of your home you should not have any trouble. If someone is going to cam inside your walls from outside your parcel then they are the ones at fault not you.

WEll it's not just the TOS. I am not all that obedient. But if I run around naked - even having this perfectly beautiful SL body - I greatly prefer NOT to be watched by strangers! I am not the type for nudism beaches! ;)

So that is one of the advantages of SL over RL ... take a nude shower in your garden and be ... invisible!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

WEll it's not just the TOS. I am not all that obedient. But if I run around naked - even having this perfectly beautiful SL body - I greatly prefer NOT to be watched by strangers! I am not the type for nudism beaches! ;)

So that is one of the advantages of SL over RL ... take a nude shower in your garden and be ... invisible!!

Oh I totally get it. It's why I change clothes in a dressing room with an orb. I know it may seem prudish by SL standards, but it's what I prefer. I was just giving info on what is and isn't allowed in regards to TOS.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, deplove said:

Do you by chance know when we could move into the new linden houses? Will Linden Lab send us a notice? forgive my INGNORANZA but it is the first time I move, so I must move first clear my current home linden, in world abandon the ground and in my profile linden choose your new home? thanks for help

LL has not yet given a date, though based on some activity that we see on the map and a few other misc things, there is some speculation that it will be soon after the current Home and Garden Expo ends - so possibly as early as Monday, April 8th.

They will definitely announce it via the Blogs, so keep an eye on those: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/.  I don't think a large percentage of the SL residents read the blogs regularly, so I'm guessing that they will send out an email. Since they want anyone with a current Linden Home to move, I'm guessing that at the minimum an email will go to those folks and probably to all Premium members.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I was just giving info on what is and isn't allowed in regards to TOS.

And why did you leave stuff out?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ#What_does_.22behind_closed_doors.22_mean.3F

No one form outside your parcel will be able to cam on you as the stuff has to be on a parcel set to private ... 

Please don't ask me how to set a mainland skybox to group access only (As a later example for "Partly adult" demands) This IMHO only works on private lands - if it is indeed possible on mainland it must be one of those dirty mole secrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

And why did you leave stuff out?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ#What_does_.22behind_closed_doors.22_mean.3F

No one form outside your parcel will be able to cam on you as the stuff has to be on a parcel set to private ... 

 

I didn't leave anything out. You do NOT have set your land to private to be considered behind closed doors. You only have to have it inside a building. If someone outside the parcel cams inside your home and sees your "indoor" activity it's on them not on you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...