Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, Marianne Little said:

Aaah. I never had one, I thought the 2010 houses was ugly. So I teleport in, don't like the placement, abandon the house and try again?

You can abandon and try again up to 5 times within a 24 hour period:  

• Thanks 1

Just now there is a big SALE going on at the Pixel Dreams Inworld Store - lots of lovely furniture for next to no money!
I bought LOTS and tested several items at the preview exibition in the way I learned here - by wearing them.
The kitchen big piece is a bit to long for the front room but as you can put it to pieces I will make it fit in nicely.

40505142103_1a85a12df2_c.jpgKuechenzeile by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

And in the garden of my favourite house even a pool could be placed!

33594661618_79c1b89c71_c.jpg
SwimmingPool by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

PS: it really WORKS! Went to a sandbox, dissassebled the long kitchen piece - reassembled the components - now I have a fridge, a sink, an oven, a cupboard and so on! The small room in the basement towards the street is ideal for the kitchen! The big room towards the garden will be my livingroom.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
Tested it!
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Just now there is a big SALE going on at the Pixel Dreams Inworld Store - lots of lovely furniture for next to no money!
I bought LOTS and tested several items at the preview exibition in the way I learned here - by wearing them.

Kuechenzeile by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

PS: it really WORKS! Went to a sandbox, dissassebled the long kitchen piece - reassembled the components - now I have a fridge, a sink, an oven, a cupboard and so on! The small room in the basement towards the street is ideal for the kitchen! The big room towards the garden will be my livingroom.

That is a really big pool. I am going for a small round one, to get room for more. Like one of those blue pools with a small deck. Or a wood tub.

A pool in one corner and a vegetable garden on the side. Or a herb garden. I think that house will be very popular. I like it best too.

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The kitchen big piece is a bit to long for the front room but as you can put it to pieces I will make it fit in nicely.

40505142103_1a85a12df2_c.jpgKuechenzeile by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Glad to see my fashion style has caught on!! lol .. just don't forget to take them off the way I did! :P 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

That is a really big pool. I am going for a small round one, to get room for more. Like one of those blue pools with a small deck. Or a wood tub.

A pool in one corner and a vegetable garden on the side. Or a herb garden. I think that house will be very popular. I like it best too.

A rock garden with a waterfall. Something I have always wanted but can't afford.

Inspired by Blush and Prokofy I made myself a rule, wore it and set about to measure my favourite house. The rule is a sort of board 1 m wide and 10 m long, set to PHANTOM and textured with some meter Texture I had. I forst attached it to my foot, later to my spine and anyway its rather tricky to get it into exaktly the right position.

47473450351_0c9c09fa64_c.jpg
Kueche1 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

40507226773_b49ce8e303_c.jpg
SchlafzL by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

The first room on the groundfloor (my kitchen) ist 5,5m x 6m, the other room with the gardendoor (my livingroom) is about 9 x 6
Upstairs there is one big room 7 x 9,5 m and the balcony 9,5 x 3,5 (all roughly).
Now I am off to a sandbox and will make some sort of platforms in the size of the rooms to see how my nice new furniture will fit in.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

. I forst attached it to my foot, later to my spine and anyway its rather tricky to get it into exaktly the right position.

If you attach to avatar center, it works great. Try that next time. Just remember to not TP with it attached if you wear a mesh body as you could loose the mesh body when you TP.

• Thanks 2

So, you know more about land than me. I was looking through all my hottubs and jacuzzis, and found out that I had a great looking Rustic Porch Jacuzzi set. I bought it in a sale and forgot that I had it. It is the adult version. I never had to think about this on private land.

Can I use it if I hide avatars and have group only? Or must it be hidden totally?

What does "behind closed doors" mean?

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:

• Allow only a group or specific individuals access to the parcel. If it is group-access only, the group must not be freely open to join.
  • Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel.
  • Enclose the area behind walls or other visual barriers.

Just to make it clear, it will not be any adult activity, it looks good and has so many different bathing and sitting animations.

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Can I use it if I hide avatars and have group only?

Click the little box in About Land that makes it so nobody can see or hear what's going on in your parcel unless they are actually in the parcel.  That should be enough to keep your adult behavior private.  Personally, I detest those ugly yellow ban lines that appear if you restrict access to people that you have whitelisted, but I know that some people will do that.  

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Click the little box in About Land that makes it so nobody can see or hear what's going on in your parcel unless they are actually in the parcel.  That should be enough to keep your adult behavior private.  Personally, I detest those ugly yellow ban lines that appear if you restrict access to people that you have whitelisted, but I know that some people will do that.  

Yes, the ban lines are foul. I have a good security set that I can set to group, I can adjust it so people can walk around the garden, but not further in.

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So, you know more about land than me. I was looking through all my hottubs and jacuzzis, and found out that I had a great looking Rustic Porch Jacuzzi set. I bought it in a sale and forgot that I had it. It is the adult version. I never had to think about this on private land.

Is it avsitter and mod? I might be able to help you deactivating the adult menus then... (or any other avsitter hacker out there might as well)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fionalein said:

Is it avsitter and mod? I might be able to help you deactivating the adult menus then...

I must look closer on it. Blast that I have so much adult stuff. I get greedy when it's sale. The adult versions is maybe 100 L more than the PG and I think it's such a good value. But do I use it? Can't remember last time even.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

I must look closer on it. Blast that I have so much adult stuff. I get greedy when it's sale. The adult versions is maybe 100 L more than the PG and I think it's such a good value. But do I use it? Can't remember last time even.

well editing the adult out is easier than editing the adult in - believe me  =^.^=

I'm planning to put a big pool on a house parcel. Big enough so that there is actually ample room to swim in it. I don't want it just for decoration, I want to use it too.

What I came up with is this one: Width 8 meters, length 16 meters, height 2.8 meters + railings 1 meter.
This is how it looks on the parcel.
2019-03-26_Pool-on-parcel.thumb.jpg.8e9fc18d42a9f34edd9d6f69f7f3519d.jpg

And in its final state when furnished will be something like this. There is interactive sauna and shower under the deck. :D
2019-03-26_Pool-furnished.thumb.jpg.10bed8a9197e0fd6c044b6046623de4b.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Anyone who want cheap stuff for their new home... try to search UPCYCLED on the Marketplace. It's a retired store with lots of interesting things.

I have a variety of things from them.  Many dirt cheap items that are also full perm.  Discovered the store back when I was looking for a dog house.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I'm planning to put a big pool on a house parcel. Big enough so that there is actually ample room to swim in it. I don't want it just for decoration, I want to use it too.

What I came up with is this one: Width 8 meters, length 16 meters, height 2.8 meters + railings 1 meter.
This is how it looks on the parcel.
2019-03-26_Pool-on-parcel.thumb.jpg.8e9fc18d42a9f34edd9d6f69f7f3519d.jpg

Huh. That was some idea. One could have room for much in the garden. A bath house! With sauna and spa in the room under, maybe?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.