Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Further back in the thread, someone quoted the Covenant for the new areas.

It included setting to group as prohibited.

It seems that has since been changed - good.

I am not sure this would be good - say your group consist of 2 premium accounts, how many homes can this group then have? Or do you mean setting access to group only, yes this should be possible or they would not get very successful

Edited by Fionalein

6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I am not sure this would be good - say your group consist of 2 premium accounts, how many homes can this group then have? Or do you mean setting access to group only, yes this should be possible or they would not get very successful

In order to set a parcel to group access only, one must be able to set a group to the parcel.

Your example given (highlighted above) requires deeding to a group - not setting. Sometimes this is termed Group Owned.

If you'd like a clearer example, poke me in world and I'll send a TP to my existing, group set Linden Home (currently public access - Group Only is used for when I have certain guests over).

• Moles

Since the land cannot be sold and blocks transfer of ownership to a group, deeding the land to a group will not be possible. Setting the land to a group will still be possible, yes. 

Edit: and is actually encouraged if you want to allow friends to rez things on your land and use autoreturn to keep things tidy.

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Other benefits of that Set land to Group thing....     this is if you wanna/can play with scripts.    

touch_end(integer total_number)
    {                         
      user = llDetectedKey(0);        
            if (user)
                if (llDetectedGroup(0)){            
                    do_THING();}}
    }

do_THING() is some other thing.    (Duh!)    Like Lights or change parcel Music, etc

Makes so that gotta be wearing the group tag for clicking to work.  

Helps Keep my bad alt from standing on the sidewalk and flicking your lights and opening and closing your windows.  

And throwing my two bits in about addons to Linden Homes.     

The tricky part with prefab addons.    No stupid simple way to lining stuff up.    Which kinda matters when the walls have a little shading.

Black -- LL,   Blue -- Me (central black band on white wall texture, modified from the texture pack)

https://gyazo.com/a2394cff05c8e884cf2eed809945807f

Grayson Style Home Upper Floor

I'm not planning on joining the rush to the new homes.  I don't wanna spend 1024 on a linden home when I get just what I need spending 512.  I don't need my SL to resemble RL. I prefer one big room that I can do what I want in and not feel cramped by walls. Right now I still have 2 premium accounts that used to pay my mainland tier. Now they not only pay my tier, I have two bonus linden homes, one where the alt army lives and one as my hideaway. I am not all that fond of houses in SL. Besides looking pretty, I don't see the point.  I have a dressing room skybox and my ground level is a forest. I have another forest way up high in the sky, just because I can.

• Like 4

On 3/21/2019 at 7:31 PM, Blush Bravin said:

I knew it would work!

ssp_007.thumb.png.e08100d236c53acc14eb1ca0a9a287a4.png

I have quickly rezzed prims and put in place. I cheated and matched the color of the wall. They are not actually textured, but you get the idea. ssp_001.thumb.png.510c6ae7ae213b8396c131f05cc28645.png

The view coming up the stairs. You can see I have a lot of furniture rezzed out in this room. I have not resized any of it. All of it is the original size as coming from the creator of each piece.

ssp_004.thumb.png.efb14e478564dc491da92182d8b4be98.png

The bathroom is much larger than I imaged in would be. It has room for two vanities, 

ssp_005.thumb.png.8148dc57b672db56c2b0a44a7288df46.png

with a full sized tub and toilet.

ssp_006.thumb.png.e37ba287c9a70f9cc446592a36044100.png

I even have space for a writing desk and a closet. What more could you want in a master suite?

ssp_002.png

ssp_003.png

That looks GREAT!! How did you do that ?? I mean how did you furnish the house and take the photos?? Do you allready HAVE one of the new houses??? I thought they were yet to come.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

19 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That looks GREAT!! How did you do that ?? I mean how did you furnish the house and take the photos?? Do you allready HAVE one of the new houses??? I thought they were yet to come.

It was a test to see how my fps was in an actual region rather than the preview region, and while I was there I was given access to one of the houses. It was only temporary and now I'm waiting just like all of you. But I'm making lots of drawings of things I'd like to try.

Edited by Blush Bravin

My Other Me's Linden Home,  the main personal use residence in SL

It may be little retro for some.  But... I like it,  I still have a mainland plot, too.   

https://gyazo.com/7a6933e30d08425b2e553768dee6e66e

And I use a 'neat little trick'.    Each room / area in the house has its own holodeck rezzer thing and there are controls to work multiple rooms at a time.   So a coupla clicks and I am re-allocating LI used to different room (s).    Total of 10 rooms.

So the 'big empty spaces' can used, and used well.  

Edited by KathrynLisbeth

37 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

It was a test to see how my fps was in an actual region rather than the preview region, and while I was there I was given access to one of the houses. It was only temporary and now I'm waiting just like all of you. But I'm making lots of drawings of things I'd like to try.

I seem to be a little dump. You must have been in one of the new houses and allowed to REZZ there to furnish it, right? Are you a tester? Did they allow you in a real house before they are released?

11 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I seem to be a little dump. You must have been in one of the new houses and allowed to REZZ there to furnish it, right? Are you a tester? Did they allow you in a real house before they are released?

There is at least one Linden Home sim region open to the public for previewing. There's no reason potential residents shouldn't be allowed to rez things to test it out as Blush did. That's part of what a preview is for, not just taking a looksee. Remember the auto return feature? Yep, mainland regions have it, too.

27 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You may have noticed that I took some pics with furniture and walls in the preview region where you cannot rez. In that case, I actually attached the furniture/walls to my avatar using avatar center. Anyone can do that if they want to see how their furniture will fit inside one of the houses. 

22 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There is at least one Linden Home sim region open to the public for previewing. There's no reason potential residents shouldn't be allowed to rez things to test it out as Blush did. That's part of what a preview is for, not just taking a looksee. Remember the auto return feature? Yep, mainland regions have it, too.

Where is that? I just went to

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden%20Homes%20Preview/66/137/28

and tried to rezz there - no chance!

11 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

You may have noticed that I took some pics with furniture and walls in the preview region where you cannot rez. In that case, I actually attached the furniture/walls to my avatar using avatar center. Anyone can do that if they want to see how their furniture will fit inside one of the houses. 

I refferedto your Photos with lots of furniture - the whole house with the otange walls - fully furnished - where have these photos been taken?

10 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I refferedto your Photos with lots of furniture - the whole house with the otange walls - fully furnished - where have these photos been taken?

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

in an actual region

in SSP

It was only temporary and now I'm waiting just like all of you.

NOW I understand. SSP is the new continent and it was open for a short period to look at. Now it is closed again and there is only this Preview exibition where you cannot rezz. But I had the impression that the houses were smaller then your lovely pictures with the orange wallpaper. There was never an extra room to squeeze a bathroom in . There are basically only three types of houses: The 1 story bungalow, the narrow high one and my favourite type: the one you can build an extra porch to - with one big bedroom in the upper floor. But none of them has place for a bathroom.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

19 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

NOW I understand. SSP is the new continent and it was open for a short period to look at. Now it is closed again and there is only this Preview exibition where you cannot rezz. But I had the impression that the houses were smaller then your lovely pictures with the orange wallpaper. There was never an extra room to squeeze a bathroom in . There are basically only three types of houses: The 1 story bungalow, the narrow high one and my favourite type: the one you can build an extra porch to - with one big bedroom in the upper floor. But none of them has place for a bathroom.

Nope. SSP is the place where they have been building the new Premium Homes (for many months now). Blush got in for a minute or two to test since many of us were wondering about the FPS and there is apparently a big difference between the actual SSP sims and the demo area at Home EXPO (not a big surprise - it is ALWAYS horribly laggy at EXPO).  Patch personally invited Blush over to see the actual SSP sims (scroll back for photos and discussion). 

Four houses, two small and two larger two story.  

Blush made those  example stylings  (it's in the fine print in her posts) by WEARING the items and testing them. I have done that too at times but certainly not to the extent SHE DID -- LOL.   

Even if you don't make a walled bathroom, there was a time (at least in Southern California in the US) that the style was to have the bathroom IN the bedroom.  It was about the same vintage as the houses are supposed to be -- so that would certainly be in keeping. 

I have often had a bathtub in the bedroom area in virtual land.  I would certainly be OK with that in RL too. 

EDIT: Sorry, I missed Blush's explanations reiterating how she tested the build.  And having open rezzing in the demo area would be utterly STUPID!!!!!   OMG.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Blush made those  example stylings  (it's in the fine print in her posts) by WEARING the items and testing them.

Most of the photos I have posted were made in the preview region with me wearing furniture and walls; however, the pictures made in the house with the orange walls were done in the SSP region. Patch teleported me to the region so I could test the fps and compare it to what I had been getting in the preview area. I had very temporary access which included rezzing rights in one of the houses. Also, my fps nearly doubled from the preview region while in the actual region from which the preview region is copied.

The reason you see a bathroom in my example is because I made the dividing walls and installed the doors. I divided the larger room at the top of the stairs into a bedroom, bathroom, and closet. There is amble space to do so.

Thanks @Chic Aeon for responding while I was getting dinner. I appreciate it! :) 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

Most of the photos I have posted were made in the preview region with me wearing furniture and walls; however, the pictures made in the house with the orange walls were done in the SSP region. Patch teleported me to the region so I could test the fps and compare it to what I had been getting in the preview area. I had very temporary access which included rezzing rights in one of the houses. Also, my fps nearly doubled from the preview region while in the actual region from which the preview region is copied.

The reason you see a bathroom in my example is because I made the dividing walls and installed the doors. I divided the larger room at the top of the stairs into a bedroom, bathroom, and closet. There is amble space to do so.

Thanks @Chic Aeon for responding while I was getting dinner. I appreciate it! :) 

Thanks. Didn't know you had rezzing rights at SSP for awhile (did you tell us that?  LOL). You are such a SPECIAL GAL!!!!! *wink*

EDIT:  AND here I thought you were the QUEEN of wearable furniture. Alas, you have lost your title.  :D

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Further back in the thread, someone quoted the Covenant for the new areas.

It included setting to group as prohibited.

It seems that has since been changed - good.

The land CAN be 'set to group'.

The covenant is as follows:

[Welcome, blah-blah]
== Linden Home Restrictions ==

Linden Home has unique restrictions in addition to those outlined in the Linden Home Terms and Conditions. By accepting a Linden Home, you agree to additional restrictions as follows:

- Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided. Land can only be set to group.

[more blah-blah]

== Linden Home Benefits==
- Use your Premium account's 1024m2 included land tier allocation towards your Linden Home.
- Ready-to-move-in themed home on a 512m2 or 1024m2 parcel.
- Select your own Linden Home theme.
- Decorate your home with furnishings.
- Invite your friends to your home.
- Meet your neighbors and make friends.
- 1024m2 parcel Linden Homes are allocated 351 Land Impact.
- Set Home to here at your Linden Home location. (World menu > Set Home to Here.)
- Set land to group.

[more blah-blah]

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The land CAN be 'set to group'.

The covenant is as follows:

[Welcome, blah-blah]
== Linden Home Restrictions ==

Linden Home has unique restrictions in addition to those outlined in the Linden Home Terms and Conditions. By accepting a Linden Home, you agree to additional restrictions as follows:

- Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided. Land can only be set to group.

[more blah-blah]

== Linden Home Benefits==
- Use your Premium account's 1024m2 included land tier allocation towards your Linden Home.
- Ready-to-move-in themed home on a 512m2 or 1024m2 parcel.
- Select your own Linden Home theme.
- Decorate your home with furnishings.
- Invite your friends to your home.
- Meet your neighbors and make friends.
- 1024m2 parcel Linden Homes are allocated 351 Land Impact.
- Set Home to here at your Linden Home location. (World menu > Set Home to Here.)
- Set land to group.

[more blah-blah]

As said, a version posted earlier in the thread had language that prohibited setting. 

It seems to have been corrected since then. 

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

As said, a version posted earlier in the thread had language that prohibited setting. 

It seems to have been corrected since then. 

I think you misread or mis-remembered something from the SSP thread.  The only reference to the covenant in this thread before your comment was when Chic posted the part about privacy walls staying in theme.  There are no discussions related to deeding or setting to group prior to your comment.

The first post of the covenant, also the first post mentioning deeding or setting to group, was in the SSP thread by Chic in this post - I had previously bookmarked it for reference:

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.