Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

Yes it is. Just another way LL will directly compete with resident business people eg landlords and home builders. Some will throw in the towel. I suppose on balance it will be a plus for SL, but it will be yet another LL nail driven in the coffin of resident creators/ landlords since mesh was introduced, and with it the support and education they have provided. Another step away from what has made SL uniqoely user created and towards The Sims.

I see your arguments. I do think many people will leave the houses after a while, even if they are pretty. So many will feel the closeness is not for them, and also those who want a much larger house. I see threads all the time where people want total privacy, no others around.

I am selfish - aren't we all? So if this is the best option for me, if I like the houses enough, I take one. I also want to change often. Maybe that will drive me away from a LL home.

Don't you think there will be lots of cheap mainlands parcels now, so creativity will blossom? I for one, wonder if it's time to sell my mainland now, and don't wait.

Landlords will have to work even harder on offering themed land, if that is what people want, give them it, just with more luxury, larger houses and larger parcels.

Maybe the introduction of mesh allowed SL to copy RL, sometimes I don't know if I see a RL magazine or a SL magazine. Maybe most of us want a home that looks realistic, just without the constant need for cleaning and repair.

I like the way it looks. It affords a better 'neighborhood" feel than the current linden home regions. I read somewhere that eventually these will be the only available linden homes which makes me sad. As nice as these new houses are, the rooms are just too small. Can you imagine trying to get a couch and table, perhaps a lamp and shelves into these rooms? I wish they would have open concept houses. Or the ability to have no house at all, like Horizons. Another 'wish' is the ability to remove the road-side fence/hedges so that one can actually get their vehicle onto the pavement...seeing how they have nice roads to drive on.

Also, I agree with more in-land water if all of this is happening on the current SSP region we can see from the map.

22 minutes ago, November Velde said:

Or the ability to have no house at all

most of us call that mainland ..
no structures, decor and limits would totally add nothing to the concept of Linden Homes. It always been a goal to get people to mainland as soon the Linden Home didn't fit the user's needs anymore.
And imagine the mess when it would be free as you want... total failure of the project.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I see your arguments. I do think many people will leave the houses after a while, even if they are pretty. So many will feel the closeness is not for them, and also those who want a much larger house. I see threads all the time where people want total privacy, no others around.

I am selfish - aren't we all? So if this is the best option for me, if I like the houses enough, I take one. I also want to change often. Maybe that will drive me away from a LL home.

Don't you think there will be lots of cheap mainlands parcels now, so creativity will blossom? I for one, wonder if it's time to sell my mainland now, and don't wait.

Landlords will have to work even harder on offering themed land, if that is what people want, give them it, just with more luxury, larger houses and larger parcels.

Maybe the introduction of mesh allowed SL to copy RL, sometimes I don't know if I see a RL magazine or a SL magazine. Maybe most of us want a home that looks realistic, just without the constant need for cleaning and repair.

My shop has been on double prim land for years. Most of my homes, not all, but most have been on double prim land. Because it's so dang expensive, I've nearly always lived on really small parcels though, so the size of the new LL Homes parcels seem large to me. My shop sits on a 1024 which is the larger of my two parcels. My house sits on a 512, which I've put up for sale because I am happily moving to suburbia. 

I too like change. I love a good reno as well. I can get both with Linden Homes. It will be easier with the new homes because all I have to do is go to the mailbox to change the house style. And I can reno by adding walls to the interior all day long if I desire. I can erect a greenhouse in my backyard. I can plant a vegetable garden. If I want a whole new neighborhood, I can simply abandon and go for another theme type or stick with the same and switch regions. I can switch parcels five times a day, every day of the year if I desire. And the best part, I don't have to buy anything or sell anything to move. 

The other super advantage over regular mainland is that all that landscaping and the house do not count in your LI allotment. So while it's not double prim, it's pretty dang close.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, November Velde said:

Can you imagine trying to get a couch and table, perhaps a lamp and shelves into these rooms?

I see quite the opposite problem. I've been inside one of the houseboats (since those are more interesting to me than the regular houses) and I discovered that they sized for avatars 2m and up. My own avatar (viewer says I'm 1.75 without shoes) looked like a child next to the doors and some of the windows. I assume any furniture that I aquired in recent years will look equally small and not big enough to fill the space in a resonable manner.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, November Velde said:

I like the way it looks. It affords a better 'neighborhood" feel than the current linden home regions. I read somewhere that eventually these will be the only available linden homes which makes me sad. As nice as these new houses are, the rooms are just too small. Can you imagine trying to get a couch and table, perhaps a lamp and shelves into these rooms? I wish they would have open concept houses. Or the ability to have no house at all, like Horizons. Another 'wish' is the ability to remove the road-side fence/hedges so that one can actually get their vehicle onto the pavement...seeing how they have nice roads to drive on.

Also, I agree with more in-land water if all of this is happening on the current SSP region we can see from the map.

I hope the other communities that is coming has a house/houses with carport or garage. Roads need some traffic.

I don't understand why LL made the waterways on mainland so narrow. It is not like they (LL) lack space?

Now they can do it better.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I see quite the opposite problem. I've been inside one of the houseboats (since those are more interesting to me than the regular houses) and I discovered that they sized for avatars 2m and up. My own avatar (viewer says I'm 1.75 without shoes) looked like a child next to the doors and some of the windows. I assume any furniture that I aquired in recent years will look equally small and not big enough to fill the space in a resonable manner.

Yeah, they are huge on the inside. The ceilings are a mile high it seems. I've already started thinking about ways to divide up the interior into smaller rooms. I've even begun thinking about how to add a loft space to one of them. I know I'm probably not like the average SLer, but I love seeing challenges as a way to spur my imagination. :) 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Did I miss that guy at the alt party?

52 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Not sure he went

at my age parties starting at 3 AM are deadly  :) ...

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am not playing unless I can boat share with @sockman69  He can do all the decorating too while I sunbathe on my roof

i can't share!... i'm not premium, and that brute won't let me...

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Yeah, they are huge on the inside. The ceilings are a mile high it seems. I've already started thinking about ways to divide up the interior into smaller rooms. I've even begun thinking about how to add a loft space to one of them. I know I'm probably not like the average SLer, but I love seeing challenges as a way to spur my imagination. :) 

I hope we get to see some of those ideas in the home and garden thread! One of the houseboats looked like its easy to divide a small part for a bathroom.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I hope we get to see some of those ideas in the home and garden thread! One of the houseboats looked like its easy to divide a small part for a bathroom.

This is my idea for one of the houseboats.

I really like all the windows in the front and the large deck through the double doors.

boathouse_002.thumb.png.a1e9b68c16b9a296767e97df3345e978.png

But what to do about a restroom? And it's so dark in the back area....sooooo why not add a loft?

boathouse_001.thumb.png.8ca3dca4a14d8e8a5c126cd11e5c78c9.png

You now have room for a bathroom and a kitchen. And look at the view from your loft bedroom.

boathouse_003.thumb.png.00076339fcf32d32baed438b06f173c7.png

3 hours ago, November Velde said:

The new houses ... too small? Seriously? You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking ....

I normally don't comment on another's size choice but really, unless you're a bloody giant, these houses are a wee mite big. Doubly so for some of the house boats.

The bulk of my avatar forms look small inside one of these things - and none of them are straight up Human! Heaven forbid I assume one of my smaller, critter forms!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Privacy goes both ways, maybe I don’t want to see out the windows when I’m trying to sleep..it’s not all about modesty or lack thereof

bottom right of Blush's first picture is a sign that mentions blinds 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.