Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:53 AM, deplove said:

thanks Aeon, in fact I thought you were a consultant because I read it under your photo

That just means I have made a lot of posts on the forums LOL.   Anyone can get that "title" if they post enough :D.  

EDIT:  Well I MUST be wrong on what I thought as I see lots of other people with way more posts and kudos than I and they just say resident.  So, you smart folks, what DOES that MEAN?  

Edited by Chic Aeon

22 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure how many LI you can reduce it with if you unlink the stove top and replace it with the 1 Li or the 2 LI from this freebie pack?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PrimPossible-Props-BathroomDining-Room-Table-Kitchen-etc-COPY-VERSIONS-TRANSFERABLE-VERSIONS/10269664

Don't forget to check and see if those are mesh or sculpts (they make both and the listing says mesh and mixed). Linking sculpts to mesh isn't the best plan. [Ah, according to the one review of the give away box, these are NOT mod and can't be linked, so not an issue really.]

Be sure and check LODS too (this for anyone exploring the super low prim bit). If "you" (the universal one) have your LOD set at 4, be sure and check at 2 or 1. 25 (FS and Linden viewer defaults) if you have any friends come over. Presumably you would like them to be able to SEE your great new kitchens :D. If it is just YOU and you run on LOD 4 then it matters not of course. 

EDIT:  Low impact does NOT necessarily equate with OPTIMIZED.  Do your  homework and make wise choices *wink*

I just put this kitchen in a great new skybox I have put up for friends and family.  The complete kitchen (oven wall, island, bench, stools and fridge) but NOT the decor is 20 land impact and is color change and mod.   So when you have 351 land impact that is a small percentage of your total.  Sure there are lots of choices out there in this li range. 

After getting this skybox and having the fun of decorating, I have decided not to get a new Linden Home right now. Really, "I" am mostly on my building pad and friends now have a hang out that I love too, so I am set.  I AM still very much interested in seeing the new continent and watching it grow over time. Tons of fun there.   

image.thumb.png.4dcddc0811d2bedc049a99a4f8efcb31.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

That just means I have made a lot of posts on the forums LOL.   Anyone can get that "title" if they post enough :D.  

EDIT:  Well I MUST be wrong on what I thought as I see lots of other people with way more posts and kudos than I and they just say resident.  So, you smart folks, what DOES that MEAN?  

If I remember correctly, those titles came from the previous incarnation of the forum (the forum incarnation that I pretty much avoided), but I think it was related to post count in the Answers section, not just overall post count.  Maybe anyway... it has been a while.

6 hours ago, stlshayne said:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019#Requesting_terraforming_of_adjoining_land

Omg I was right?! Seems you won't have to do some crazy workarounds if you want an in-ground pool.

I'm betting that is talking about something in general being wrong with the existing terraforming.  When you request a home, you get this page:

image.png.f201e65a0586fa93d6ff010ba3492a28.png

dear friends I think I have finished the big one, I wait for them to lengthen the road to finish another side of the garden, meanwhile I show you the kitchen, this was designed by me precisely for this house, then the entrance, also here the console and others objects are my creation, so the living room, except the sofa, all the rest of the furniture and objects are always designed by me, and finally the terrace on the ground floor and the pool, also designed by me. I hope you like it it was nice to get back in again, and then with so many prims available on 351 initials there are still 110 left ... nice isn't it? I would also like to see how you managed, soon ..., kisses Adri

new home cucina_001.png

new home entrance_001.png

new home garden_001.png

new home piscina_001.png

new home living_001.png

Edited by deplove
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I see green dots! This on a Friday night :)

How exciting to see so many on the continent. On my Linden 1.0 continent, I would have been lucky to see any green dots.  I hope this continues.

New Continent Bellisseria.png

• Like 7

.....mmmm I remember reading in a post about rezzing boats and planes in the new San Jocoso continent and being able to drive a car,but where we can rez ? yesterday I walked for kilometers but I didn't see any sign along roads or at criss cross,  where it's allowed to rez. I think if I put my car back in my garden I can't go out. Can you give me some indication and in the case the land mark of the place? I also wish you a happy Easter. I would be honored if you came to visit my home, and tell me what you think ....

7 hours ago, deplove said:

.....mmmm I remember reading in a post about rezzing boats and planes in the new San Jocoso continent and being able to drive a car,but where we can rez ?

For now, you can rez on your own parcel. Rez zones are almost certainly on the way, but not laid out yet.  I imagine it's sort of like the way that city planners decide where to place parking meters and parking lots.  See how people use the land and what they ask for instead of laying out all the details first.

BTW, I really like the name of your region (not continent).  San Jocoso has a playful sound.

Rolig WE CAN ....I drove along the streets, of course my Chevy runs a little but it's beautiful, try it, you have to start from your garden, only if you plan to park along the sidewalk will the land send you back to the inventory, but if you come home and enter your parking .. stay there like mine. Have fun :D

chevy_002.png

• Like 1

Beware! I was kicked from private property when I mistakenly was out of control driving my flamingo. It did NOT send my flamingo back to inventory. I had to go rewalk my path and find it.. and it was far from my home. 

I did get her back though! 

Snapshot _ Protected Land, Palmer Lake (79, 201, 49) - Moderate.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 1:37 AM, deplove said:

.....mmmm I remember reading in a post about rezzing boats and planes in the new San Jocoso continent and being able to drive a car,but where we can rez ? yesterday I walked for kilometers but I didn't see any sign along roads or at criss cross,  where it's allowed to rez. I think if I put my car back in my garden I can't go out. Can you give me some indication and in the case the land mark of the place? I also wish you a happy Easter. I would be honored if you came to visit my home, and tell me what you think ....

I did find a rez zone on one of the roads so they are out there.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:37 PM, deplove said:

Abnor Mole posted and I (painfully) reproduced with credit for posterity (and so that "I" could find it later)>  

They aren't MARKED and you can't SEE them. You need to turn on property lines or show through the build menu. Generally they are RIGHT underfoot where you land. I went to a couple today testing my car. 

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/04/bellisseria-car-and-boat-rezzing-zones.html

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.