Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This is a 1 LI small decorative pond, looks like it can be used in many ways. I sure can't make one for that low LI number! https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Enchanted-Pond-Promo-Weekend-Pricing/17005095

Says it is a weekend offer, maybe it will cost more later.

Thanks for the info. Now if I just had a yard... ^_^

I quote Aeon ...."Well Patch reiterated today that everyone currently in a Linden Home will need to move as the sims will go away. You should have more choices of homes by then (he mentioned a year ish).   You also have a HUGE area that you can add a "rumpus room" or "pool" or even add on to the existing houses with "great rooms".  Folks have been talking about that here a lot.  So your only choice === eventually == will be one of the new Linden Homes or buying mainland (or of course renting or giving up Premium altogether).   But plenty of time until you have to decide. ..."

Dear Aeon, but what I did not understand how we will know when it will be possible to move, as we will be warned? not everyone for time zone can participate in world meetings as I read in today's posts. Will it arrive in message when we are logged in? by email? certainly even if I have a second home with my partner, it would bother me to leave the land and find myself homeless. Where do you get this news, maybe because as a consultant you have a direct line to Linden? Also reading Tobias' post, it is true that modern California-style homes are much larger, to build, try on clothes, have space for a small party, and enough for my pets (dog, cat, horse not at home obvious) but I can't wait to have my classic new little house. If when they start what I want and among the first choices, I move immediately. I currently have 512s, but how do you get 1024s? Kisses

21 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Thanks for the info. Now if I just had a yard... ^_^

You aren't going for a premium house then? I wonder if it could be placed in a large, low round flower pot, as an indoor decoration.

One day I must clean up my inventory. It is easier to buy new. I have forgotten so much of what I have. It's good that LI goes down on newer things. Some of my older things is so lovely, but LI is important.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

says mod - but LI might increase,...

I haven't logged in yet. I will try to stretch it when I do. Marketplace browsing is addictive. I bought it fast, because who knows when the price is rising. Her last offer, the Spring Poppy patches, stayed up on the MP after they were removed inworld from the 50 L Friday sale, so I managed to get them for 50L. Now they cost 245 L...

7 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You aren't going for a premium house then? I wonder if it could be placed in a large, low round flower pot, as an indoor decoration.

One day I must clean up my inventory. It is easier to buy new. I have forgotten so much of what I have. It's good that LI goes down on newer things. Some of my older things is so lovely, but LI is important.

I can't afford premium. I had plans of using part of my tax return to pay for annual but thanks to the Repugs and their "tax breaks" my refund was greatly reduced. Under the new tax laws, I get far less of a refund than I've gotten in decades. I have always needed me tax dollars back and now I don't get it any more so I can't even catch up my bills like I used to be able to do. So... now I'll never be premium again. 

Thanks @$$Trumpet.

And yes my income is below poverty level. It has been for most of my life.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Sad 3

31 minutes ago, deplove said:

but what I did not understand how we will know when it will be possible to move, as we will be warned? not everyone for time zone can participate in world meetings as I read in today's posts. Will it arrive in message when we are logged in?

Keep an eye on the Blogs - https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/.  My bet is that Premium members will also receive an email when the Homes are available.

ETA: So yeah, what Rolig said

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

I've been exploring the preview, and have to agree with a few others that the layout of the homes makes many of the rooms small.  Surely, I can fit furniture in them, and I find  all of the homes pretty, plus the yards look fantastic.  The problem, is that I have to zoom in very close to my avatar or my camera clips through the walls.  What I would find to be beneficial to me, and  I imagine others, would be to provide a few houses with no interior walls, second floor, or even stairs, provide a variety of stair option to be downloaded if people wish to have them.  I think this may provide relief to a lot of people who feel a little claustrophobic in them.

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deplove said:

Dear Aeon, but what I did not understand how we will know when it will be possible to move, as we will be warned? not everyone for time zone can participate in world meetings as I read in today's posts. Will it arrive in message when we are logged in? by email?

As someone already said (if you don't TAG folks with the "@" sign, then don't get a notice you replied to them so I just saw this by chance) watch the official Linden blog (my best guess too) and yes, you will undoubtedly get an email with the news assuming you usually get the official special emails.  

certainly even if I have a second home with my partner, it would bother me to leave the land and find myself homeless. Where do you get this news, maybe because as a consultant you have a direct line to Linden?

I am not a consultant in any way; not sure why you thought that.   I have been in SL a LONG time but so have many others. I am the curator of LEA6 but I don't talk to the Lindens at all except here in the forums and once when I was being checked for an OK at a Hop and Shop event :D. So NO direct line LOL.  

Also reading Tobias' post, it is true that modern California-style homes are much larger, to build, try on clothes, have space for a small party, and enough for my pets (dog, cat, horse not at home obvious) but I can't wait to have my classic new little house. If when they start what I want and among the first choices, I move immediately. I currently have 512s, but how do you get 1024s? Kisses

All premium subscribers have 1024 to USE. If you only have your Linden home and no mainland that you purchased, you already "have" that 1024.  One thing it is probably important to consider and Patched mentioned it briefly but not too completely -- since each avatar can only have ONE Linden Home that means that those with 512 homes HAVE to give up their homes before heading over to see what they can get in the new homes.  If you have a 512 lot and wish to keep that it will cost you $4 a month at current tier rates since you would be using your 1024 for the new Linden Home. 

Also, just a general note. I agree that I like open planned homes better than tiny roomed homes - hence that is what I build and use  -- BUT remember that there is a HUGE yard space AND skybox space above. So it would be easy to leave the small house empty and have a COORDINATING (sure there will be some on the marketplace) building in back for parties and general hanging out.  The other option would be the living space up above.  The one story bungalows are tiny (these could eventually also on some 512 lots later I guess) so take up very little yard room. 

I think that there has been plenty of feedback about MORE house and that will likely be addressed in some future builds. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks Aeon, in fact I thought you were a consultant because I read it under your photo, but maybe I translate badly "advisor" English is not my first language, I am Italian / French anyway being my husband from the states i talk better  English language then before. Then we just have to wait. I like to create furniture and objects for the home as a hobby, so I'm also creating furniture that can fit in the small house that I like. Obviously I also sell them on MP at very low costs. My shop is Adri De Luxe - Home Decor, for those who want to take a look, can find me like this. Kisses

TURNER LIVING ROOM_001 (2).png

• Like 1

That bit about the potential for fewer homes to premium members is a bit off-putting. If I give up my current linden home and discover that the new ones are all occupied, I will never get the original one back. Perhaps LL can offer a hold of some type for in case their members find themselves homeless. Sure, I could easily grab another original one but I guarantee it will not be on a grid edge like the one I currently have is. Or...maybe I'm just looking for things to complain about! Ha!

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I haven't logged in yet. I will try to stretch it when I do. ..

I streched it a bit (LI=4) - then a LOT and glued the invisible Animation- Pad (from the kidney pool) to it.
Now it has Land Impact 8 and I can do Yoga and even swim in it. - I had to adjust the animations a bit but even diving is OK.

40600644693_cc466da6fd_c.jpg
MagicPondYoga by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

46651140875_19b1d5c933_c.jpg
MagicPondFloat by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I streched it a bit (LI=4) - then a LOT and glued the invisible Animation- Pad (from the kidney pool) to it.
Now it has Land Impact 8 and I can do Yoga and even swim in it. - I had to adjust the animations a bit but even diving is OK.

46651140875_19b1d5c933_c.jpg
MagicPondFloat by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

You are Thumbelina! :x

That is a great shop!! Thanks for the link! I didn't know it.
I took a look inworld and was astounded what you can do with one or two Prims!!
Their tastes are not exactly mine but as they offer a UGE varity I'll find things to match!

If you are thinking to reduce the 19 Prims of a kitchen by changing the stove I would consider to buy their
"One Prim infinity kitchen" which seems to cover every kitchen need anyone ever can have ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

I really hope there will be a Linden home subforum.

One of the threads should be "Low LI finds".

I know it's not only LL home owners that are interested in low LI interior, but since we have no Homes and Gardens subforum, there should be some subforum for that. Posts about good stuff, like the Prim Possible freebies, vanish in the long Homes and Gardens thread.

Like the group gift window boxes from What Next. At only 2 LI each, they are a gem.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Their tastes are not exactly mine but as they offer a UGE varity I'll find things to match!

If you are thinking to reduce the 19 Prims of a kitchen by changing the stove I would consider to buy their
"One Prim infinity kitchen" which seems to cover every kitchen need anyone ever can have ;)

I'm down to 18 prims from a total of 29,  not  sure I can do much better. I got that AWESOME! kitchen from PM. Added a different 1 prim butcher block from Blush and animated the whole thing including working stove eyes and running water in the sink. I'm thinking I'll go with that.

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Damn Fine 1 prim kitchen. Not sure about the size though and I've spent money on the PM kitchen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.