3 hours ago, carolinestravels said:

Dancing is not the foreplay of dating anymore?

Not since the 1960s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, Orwar said:

If someone turns the cheek when you strike them, go for the throat.

Try striking me, and it won't be the throat I go for.

Never trust a person that can't cook a roux. 

Unless they know how to make a beurre manie instead.

Our species has never created nor destroyed anything - all we've accomplished is the re-arrangement of particles. 

Or of prims.

https://secondlife.com/destination/clinamen

Life is painful - don't fear pain.

You and the Dread Pirate Roberts.

No no no. No. Just no.

it ain't music if it ain't punk.

Is Post-Punk therefore "Post-Music"?

You'll never risk having miss-matching socks on, if all your socks are black.

Or red socks. Or green socks. OR PINK SOCKS.

(But yes, black socks are best.)

On 3/21/2019 at 8:15 AM, carolinestravels said:

It can be, sure. But...I don't need to be grabbed and kissed in the process. It may be computer generated but I'd prefer to not feel violated.

Unless I signed up for it.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 12:26 AM, Laoise Rumsford said:

It can be, sure. But...I don't need to be grabbed and kissed in the process. It may be computer generated but I'd prefer to not feel violated.

Unless I signed up for it.

My comment was meant to be sarcastic!

I guess hardly anyone likes those sudden "puts his tongue down her throath emotes" in the middle of a dance.

Or worse than that as an IM from the other end of the grid in lieu of a "good morning".

Just sooo lame!

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, carolinestravels said:

It can be, but not everyone likes to dance. I'd rather sit at home and cuddle. lol

I do a lot of verbal dancing—sometimes very nearly offer it. Not many appreciate it over the pixelated version, though, but I find that useful: whoever won’t talk with me unless we’re “physically” dancing, I’m even less interested in talking at all.

Posted (edited)

Conversation first if the person lead intelligent conversation getting in the mind. Anything talk of sex or how hot body looks I say have nice day kindly end the conversation. Good idea not get lead on even with dances some are risque really know girl or guy wants to be lead on slow dance is the best way. Invest in good dance hud so you have control or you pick the dances so yo don't get lead on. Stay where you are they should be in the same area not on some other sim you have to be able to see them to know if it goes both ways in interest. Women  take a lot of work to make them self happy in keeping up appearance just as real many men do goes both ways mind body soul good to do self care self love in real and sl meditate if you must or yoga and breathing methods love yourself so you can love someone else . Classy to Casual depending where you go  classy wear Don't have to be the best looking person in the room how you carry yourself with body languages   plenty of free/gifts Classic/mesh and good price things to fix yourself up don't be half together put on your best like you would a interview this all mind set looks are not all its how you carry it. If the person left them sim to another place give them name where you are as long as public place moderate classy place. Keeping things to the imagination dressing with flatter show little not to much attract the right one to enter. You start out as strangers maybe friends or more you talk for hours keep the conversation going. 

Understand if you are not comfortable feel something not right learn to say no if the connection is not their know one can force love goes both ways use your gut feeling it tell the truth. Have Have boundaries if you must bring your manners with you treat someone good they will treat you better if not walk away.

If you fall in to a break up or did not work out understand you have to focus on yourself forgive and let go they need to go down their path as you do  go for a walk and breathe meditate do yoga do something you love. .......Sometimes people come into your life for a moment, a day, or a lifetime. It matters not the time they spent with you, but how they impacted your life in that time. No one comes into your life by accident, everyone that crosses your path serves a purpose.

A gentlemen will open doors pull out chairs and carry things not because she is helpless or unable. But because he wants to show her that she is valuable and worthy of respect.  Men's  Chivalry cherish it.

Seek respect not attention it lasts longer.

But its your Second life if you keep it in sl or go real. Live it how your want  
Whatever makes you happy so be it.

Stay as you are and enjoy yourself without thinking.

Enjoy your second life as it is.

connecitongirl.png

antraction.jpg

tumblr_ogjxyujJdS1trfqkjo1_500.jpg

Snapshot_070.png

Edited by TeraChrista

Those who seek romance alone as their source of happiness waste their time, as their focused perception risks missing the small things in life, as they are overlooked and underestimated when banished to the peripheral. Happiness is not something that can only be achieved by finding someone to make you happy - and if you don't know how to make yourself happy, how can you expect to make others happy; and if you can't expect yourself to make someone else happy, how can you expect them to want to make you happy? Find value in yourself, lest you'll be the prey of those who can smell your weakness and desperation and wield it against you for their own agenda.

In SL, this is manifest in how people dress up in their finest and go to ballrooms and romantic venues, expecting Mr. Right to swoop in and ask them up for a dance - but any man can look decent in a suit; wolves in sheep's clothing stalking such places to toy with the emotions of others, who puts oh-so-pretty words in their profiles and put on such a charming act. Once the thrill of the hunt has subsided, you'll be left emotionally desecrated, and they will seek their next victim - if you're lucky.

Personally, I've come to be amused by the charade. Schadenfreude is one of those small things in life that I've learned to appreciate. LaVey said, "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.", but sometimes, suffering doesn't come from the cause, but the effect. When you observe a disaster in the making, the satisfaction from the realisation of anticipation often outweighs the empathy for those foolish enough to put themselves in harm's way. To some, that's watching America's Funniest Home Videos - for me, it's skimming through last year's finalists for the Darwin Awards, or just keeping an eye at the Lifestyles and Relationships board.

But most importantly, I've learned to look back at that which has hurt me in the past - and laugh at myself. Emotions tempered by reflection and rationality is the basis for natural, sentient morality. Unbridled emotion is pain waiting to strike. Allowing yourself to be struck again and again, without warding yourself against it and expecting the pattern to break on its own, is - well, stupidity. Or insanity, according to Einstein (or rather, 'according to Einstein, according to the Internet') - "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.". How many days, weeks, months or years should one wait for 'the right one' to make an appearance, before one's actions - or lack thereof - may be considered madness?

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2019 at 6:49 AM, Orwar said:

You'll never risk having miss-matching socks on, if all your socks are black. 

I kinda like mixed matched socks on certain days :)