Posted (edited)

Conversation and Dance Does not mean instant partnership or marriage in one day. Friendship is build and relationship is build. Love can not be forced just as friendship. Has to be connection and attraction it goes both ways. Their is someone for everyone one can not do it all. It will happen when it happens.

tera1_020.png

Edited by TeraChrista
  • Like 4

Told this story in the past but I had a noob appear next to me and the conversation went

Him: Hi

Me: Hi

Him:  Can we be partners?

• Haha 4

The unreasonable expectation of romance in this day and age is a plague of the mind, a sickening rot spoiling reason and rationality. Life isn't a fairy tale; waiting for bliss to drop down into one's lap whilst sitting idly is as juvenile as expecting a delayed admission letter from Hogwarts to arrive by owl some day. There is no divine law of preordained happiness, life is what we make of it and if one desires affection, it's one's own responsibility to create a relation which might bloom into some interpretation of love. But people, like sheep, are content with their lot if so every road sign along the path they walk foretells that a slaughterhouse lays ahead. It's easier to project a label of love onto the wolf whose canines are tightening around one's neck, than to accept reality. 

Love is chemistry and instinctive behaviour, it's a drug habit ingrained into the very fabric our species, a cruel mechanism intent on keeping mankind crawling through the aeons. It has been idolised as the apex of joy, but it is also the cause of some of the darkest emotions we can fathom; jealousy, despair, bereavement. Love is often claimed to be the strongest force in the universe, that it is the mother of life itself; but is not death stronger? And is not life frequently created without any involvement of love? Biologically, it certainly isn't a requirement.

A relationship that comprises trust, affection, duty and devotion is not based on finding 'the right person' - it is based on a mutual willingness and desire to create it. It only really takes honesty and awareness - it's just unfortunate that honesty has become so rare, that lies run smoother off the tongue, and that ignorance is so much easier to embrace than it is to look around oneself and recognise the world around us for what it is. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

There is no such thing as a conversation when two avatars are dancing.  "Care to dance?" is always a nice gesture, but before you know it, you're getting felt up by someone who thinks they're going to get some SLex. For once, I would love to dance with a guy who isn't trying to stuff his [ ... ] into my lower back. 😒

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

There is no such thing as a conversation when two avatars are dancing.  "Care to dance?" is always a nice gesture, but before you know it, you're getting felt up by someone who thinks they're going to get some SLex. For once, I would love to dance with a guy who isn't trying to stuff his [ ... ] into my lower back. 😒

To be fair, it's exactly the same being a guy. Someone awkwardly says 'hi' and not much else, and the moment they've mustered the 'courage' to ask for a dance, they expect you to bring them home afterwards if you take them for a twirl. And when you tell them it wasn't part of the plan, they feel insulted and outraged because you don't want to pixel-bump their avi. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

The unreasonable expectation of romance in this day and age is a plague of the mind, a sickening rot spoiling reason and rationality. Life isn't a fairy tale; waiting for bliss to drop down into one's lap whilst sitting idly is as juvenile as expecting a delayed admission letter from Hogwarts to arrive by owl some day. There is no divine law of preordained happiness, life is what we make of it and if one desires affection, it's one's own responsibility to create a relation which might bloom into some interpretation of love. But people, like sheep, are content with their lot if so every road sign along the path they walk foretells that a slaughterhouse lays ahead. It's easier to project a label of love onto the wolf whose canines are tightening around one's neck, than to accept reality. 

Love is chemistry and instinctive behaviour, it's a drug habit ingrained into the very fabric our species, a cruel mechanism intent on keeping mankind crawling through the aeons. It has been idolised as the apex of joy, but it is also the cause of some of the darkest emotions we can fathom; jealousy, despair, bereavement. Love is often claimed to be the strongest force in the universe, that it is the mother of life itself; but is not death stronger? And is not life frequently created without any involvement of love? Biologically, it certainly isn't a requirement.

A relationship that comprises trust, affection, duty and devotion is not based on finding 'the right person' - it is based on a mutual willingness and desire to create it. It only really takes honesty and awareness - it's just unfortunate that honesty has become so rare, that lies run smoother off the tongue, and that ignorance is so much easier to embrace than it is to look around oneself and recognise the world around us for what it is. 

Well Said.

52 minutes ago, Orwar said:

To be fair, it's exactly the same being a guy. Someone awkwardly says 'hi' and not much else, and the moment they've mustered the 'courage' to ask for a dance, they expect you to bring them home afterwards if you take them for a twirl. And when you tell them it wasn't part of the plan, they feel insulted and outraged because you don't want to pixel-bump their avi. 

Oh, I don't doubt it for a second, Orwar. We're just as petty.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

Well I know it starts some where but it grows if there is connection but does  not happen one day. Just some want fast thing I think new people or some that may come back every one needs heads up.

Edited by TeraChrista
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Orwar said:

the wolf whose canines are tightening around one's neck

Please, leave wolves out of metaphors (or whatever). They do not deserve the reputation Red Riding Hood gave them.

1 hour ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

^^^THIS^^^ I am so tired of someone asking me to dance and for the first five or ten minutes it goes really well, the conversation is wonderful then BAM!! Here he goes with his hand slipping down below my waist, trying to lean in for a kiss and that's when I either lay into him or just tp away. Depends on my mood at the time. Why can't men just for once think with their big head?????

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, anniepany said:

Why can't men just for once think with their big head?????

please don't generalize... and don't assume the one head is bigger than the other... volume is no measurement for wisdom :SwingingFriends:

53 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Please, leave wolves out of metaphors (or whatever). They do not deserve the reputation Red Riding Hood gave them.

To save the wolves reputation: One of the nicest dances I ever had in a ballroom was with a friend of mine, who is a wolf.

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Oh, please. Red Riding Hood is not the origin of the 'bad reputation' of wolves - wolves are the cause of the multitude of tales where wolves are the villains; whilst we've generally got little to fear from them in this day and age, they were, for the majority of human history, the only real animal threat to human life whether directly by preying on us or indirectly by preying on the cattle we kept. The only reason wolves today are shy around humans is because we've spent centuries thinning out their numbers to keep ourselves safe - they've learned to fear us, the way we once feared them. The metaphor is ancient, and I'm not about to change the way I chose to express myself because someone has a blatantly silly view of them as ennobled, misunderstood beast.

2 hours ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

Btw, @Orwar ... Wanna Dance? 🤣

I don't know if I dare. You'd have to declare your intentions, and I'll have to insist on bringing a chaperone - and I must be home before midnight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

Oh, please. Red Riding Hood is not the origin of the 'bad reputation' of wolves - wolves are the cause of the multitude of tales where wolves are the villains; whilst we've generally got little to fear from them in this day and age, they were, for the majority of human history, the only real animal threat to human life whether directly by preying on us or indirectly by preying on the cattle we kept. The only reason wolves today are shy around humans is because we've spent centuries thinning out their numbers to keep ourselves safe - they've learned to fear us, the way we once feared them. The metaphor is ancient, and I'm not about to change the way I chose to express myself because someone has a blatantly silly view of them as ennobled, misunderstood beast.

Oh dear. Apparently, I didn't learn anything during all those years I raised 14 of them.

7 hours ago, anniepany said:

^^^THIS^^^ I am so tired of someone asking me to dance and for the first five or ten minutes it goes really well, the conversation is wonderful then BAM!! Here he goes with his hand slipping down below my waist, trying to lean in for a kiss and that's when I either lay into him or just tp away. Depends on my mood at the time. Why can't men just for once think with their big head?????

Girrrrl. It's sad, isn't it? Men, Women...Whatever. Just take the "NO THANKS" like a grown-up and move on to the next person in the room.

5 hours ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

Girrrrl. It's sad, isn't it? Men, Women...Whatever. Just take the "NO THANKS" like a grown-up and move on to the next person in the room.

Totally agree. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

They do not deserve the reputation Red Riding Hood gave them.

I'ts unfair to blame Red Riding Hood for this, it was not her fault that the wolf ate her granny.

On the topic, I was upgrading my man alt a short while back so took him out shopping for the first time in years. Was really surprised when I got the "Hi" messages in him too! What was funny though, it was from half nakid guys again at male shopping events.

Now if I get a pretty girl do the whole "Hi, sex?" thing to my man alt sometime, I'm so gonna go along with it... 

• Haha 1

Things to live by.
1.  If I Choose To Talk With You, It Doesn't Mean I Want To Be With You.

2.  If I Chose To Dance With You, It Doesn't Mean I Am Yours For Keeps.

3.  If I Chose To Hug You, It Doesn't Mean I Want To Have Sex With You.

4.  If I Chose To Friend You, It Doesn't Mean I Want To Partner You.

5.  A Friendship Should Be Based On Trust & Respect, Not Just Added Because your avatar is beautiful and you wore a sexy dress.

6. Loving someone is giving them all the power to destroy you, but trusting them not to.

7.  Always Live Your SL For You, And Never Be Controlled And Manipulated By Anyone.

8.  Anyone who says they keep RL and SL separate is fooling themself.

9. Don't tell me what I want to hear.  Tell me the truth.

10. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't blame others for your shortcomings.

11.  Trust must be Earned.  It's not a given right
12.  Remember to have fun!

5 minutes ago, TeraChrista said:

Things to live by.

1. If someone turns the cheek when you strike them, go for the throat.
  2. Be observant - attempts of emotional manipulation are hilarious when you see them for what they are.
  3. Remember: even if someone chooses to step down the food-chain, eating them might still get you into trouble.
  4. Never trust a person that can't cook a roux. 
  5. Our species has never created nor destroyed anything - all we've accomplished is the re-arrangement of particles. 
  6. Life is painful - don't fear pain.
  7. When life gives you lemons, Google 'bad taxidermy'. 
  8. There are many interesting genres of music, but it ain't music if it ain't punk.
  9. If someone exclaims that they are a 'cat person', release the hounds.
  10. You'll never risk having miss-matching socks on, if all your socks are black. 
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Orwar said:
  1. When life gives you lemons, Google 'bad taxidermy'. 

Here's what you do with Lemons

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, Orwar said:

10. You'll never risk having miss-matching socks on, if all your socks are black. 

haha I've been doing this for years. You never notice how many shades of black there are until you have a drawer full of black socks from different places. 

• Like 1