Why do people support sellers that do no mod?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does the average user really never tint, move, or resize things?  I imagine not *too* many people want to go as far as to add their own textures, but even then what does that harm if someone wants to do it to their own non-transferable copy?

I know some sellers think putting no mod protects their items from theft, but from what I've read it doesn't stop someone from ripping their work.  Sadly, like piracy, there's only so much that can be done about that, and putting too much effort into trying to prevent it ends up hurting the legit customers without hindering those that would steal it, because they're going to just find another way, same way some games with too much anti-piracy software become problematic for people who bought it.  

The only other reason I can see is so that the seller can disable the tint function and charge us for wanting to use it.  That's a very shady way to make money considering the function is a core aspect of SL, and the odds of someone including the exact tint someone wants for their color scheme is quite low.    So if someone's sure of what color they want and the seller didn't include it, they lost a sale.  Similarly, if the item isn't rigged and needs to be resized in a certain manner for someone to use it, or if they prefer making their own texture, etc, etc, they lose a sale.   SL is for creating things and making your own unique avatars, settings, or whatever you can come up with.  How have so many sellers continued profiting when they remove all the end users ability to make something unique?

I do have my favorite creators who sell mod items and I typically will buy the neutral tone of everything they sell, but it doesn't stop me from buying no mod things for a minute. It's up to the creator to decide what is best for their business. If the products are good, and I like it as it is, I'll buy it mod or no mod. About the only thing I really won't buy, if it's not mod, is hair because I'm super picky about the color of my hair and often need to make some strands invisible or switch to mask mode. So for the most part being no mod doesn't really affect my shopping except when it comes to hair. 

• Like 3

I will buy some things that are no mod because there's simply no need to mod them. For instance, a rigged mesh t-shirt with a multi-coloured graphic design on it. You can't re-tint that; well you could but it would look awful. But if I'm buying a plain t-shirt, I will only buy mod.

And yes, I do often re-texture my clothes. 

• Like 2

I'll often NOT buy a product that's no-mod if the materials are bad. As far as texture and colour goes, I'm fine with buying a single-colour shirt, although if I can choose between a modifiable one and a no-mod, the ability to modify it is going to weigh in its favour.

• Like 3

The main reason is that it looks so good that I won't bother to edit it. I have found that extensive editing things does not give me the best result, and it is too time consuming that it is worth it.

Edit: I don't use clothes for years. I have a few favorites that I use again and again, the others 1-3 times perhaps.

Same as Blush, I do not buy no mod hair. Unless it is for a one-time use like Halloween hair. I need to tint the hair since I never find red shades that I like, I use a light brown and add some red.

I would not buy white hair and tint it in all shades. It ruins the highlights. Same with all other things. I prefer mod since I can tweak the colors or textures with just a bit color. Textures are so shaded, it is almost pointless for me to switch textures. I want the built in folds, shadows and depth.

In short: No mod hair is probably no buy, clothes and accessories is buy if I like them. Mod is always best.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a bit more text
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, WingalingDragon said:

The only other reason I can see is so that the seller can disable the tint function and charge us for wanting to use it.  That's a very shady way to make money considering the function is a core aspect of SL, and the odds of someone including the exact tint someone wants for their color scheme is quite low.    So if someone's sure of what color they want and the seller didn't include it, they lost a sale.  Similarly, if the item isn't rigged and needs to be resized in a certain manner for someone to use it, or if they prefer making their own texture, etc, etc, they lose a sale.   SL is for creating things and making your own unique avatars, settings, or whatever you can come up with.  How have so many sellers continued profiting when they remove all the end users ability to make something unique?

So, its shady for a merchant to want to sell things in a variety of colors? Well hell, why dont we just sell everything in white with baked on shadows so you can tint to your heart's content. Ever think of asking a merchant to do a custom color? If they already have it in multiple shades it is rather easy to add one. I bet most won't even ask for custom pay. 

You want to make your own texture of a mesh i created?!?! Good luck with that. You won't have the UV, AO or any other map. Even if its a FP mesh kit, you won't have those things. At best you could apply a base texture that would probably bork things up. Clothing does not need to be mod. rigged mesh cant be resized. All you want is the ability to copy it and recolor t to avoid buying it from the merchant. THAT is shady. 

Do you buy RL car, clothing, furniture, house, dishes and what not in white and paint, dye or stain them? 

ETA... I made something unique, who are you to tell me you can do it better? Make your own damn mesh then. 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Like 5

Honestly... I rarely ever mod anything. I buy things, because I like how they are...not because I want to "ruin" them by trying to be better at texturing than the creator (because I'm not). The only time I changed something within the last 12 months were two things: 1. I changed the light effect on a lamp. 2. I tinted a piece of wooden furniture a tiny bit darker to match some other items.

It usually doesn't affect me, if items are mod or not.

• Like 5

Simple, if you don't like the perms someone gave to something THEY created and therefore have every right to set it up how they want,  move on and buy something else that does suit your needs.  Or make one yourself.    There is nothing "shady" about it.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I prefer Mod perms on housing and landscaping items, but that doesn't mean that I won't buy something that is No Mod.  For clothing, I'd rather have it rigged 'properly' to my body than be able to modify it.  My hair purchases depend on the creator.  There are some that have a red shade in their color palette that I like, whereas with others I'll need to tint it.

The creator has every right to sell their creations as they please.  You have every right to walk away from buying anything that doesn't meet whatever criteria you wish for a product.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Honestly... I rarely ever mod anything. I buy things, because I like how they are...not because I want to "ruin" them by trying to be better at texturing than the creator (because I'm not). The only time I changed something within the last 12 months were two things: 1. I changed the light effect on a lamp. 2. I tinted a piece of wooden furniture a tiny bit darker to match some other items.

It usually doesn't affect me, if items are mod or not.

I thought this was only about wearable things. But ok, things to rez is very practical to have as mod. I can link things, can unlink parts I don't use to reduce land impact. I don't bother with no mod cheap items, like second hand gacha, that's sold for 20L.

One thing I forgot that is for all things.... it must be possible to disable full bright!

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

One thing I forgot that is for all things.... it must be possible to disable full bright!

This. SO MUCH this!!!
Fullbright should only be put on items which are supposed to emit light, like a lightbulb, a lamp, fire, some eyes (for fantasy characters), and a few other exceptions. But flying around mainland I still see full bright houses, trees, plants, and whatnot. Very annoying when you want to have a nice night time drive. And I am not even mentioning avatar attachments like clothes or hair! Like that time when I was gifted a great looking black leather jacket, and when it got dark, I lit up like a freaking candle! The thing was no mod, and when contacting the creator he wouldn't work with me because he would only talk to the person that bought the jacket for me. *sigh*

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You want to make your own texture of a mesh i created?!?! Good luck with that. You won't have the UV, AO or any other map. Even if its a FP mesh kit, you won't have those things.

That' s why I prefer to buy at furry shops that do the occasional Maitreya outfit. They often allow modding. CLBlue for example does no mod single colours but when I buy the fatpack it is mod and I get the UV map on top of it for doing my own designs...

Also when mod I can link/unlink parts and alpha some faces... which I actually do once in a while.

Edited by Fionalein

With clothes, it doesn't really matter to me if they're mod or not.  The types of things where I prefer mod are hair and home and garden items.  I rarely do re-tinting, but I do like to be able to turn off full-bright, be able to re-size and to be able to change the alpha masking setting.  

If something is no-mod, but I've seen it in-world to know that I'm going to be OK with it as it is, or it's not overly expensive, and it's something I really like, I will buy it even being no-mod. 

4 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

This. SO MUCH this!!!
Fullbright should only be put on items which are supposed to emit light, like a lightbulb, a lamp, fire, some eyes (for fantasy characters), and a few other exceptions. But flying around mainland I still see full bright houses, trees, plants, and whatnot. Very annoying when you want to have a nice night time drive. And I am not even mentioning avatar attachments like clothes or hair! Like that time when I was gifted a great looking black leather jacket, and when it got dark, I lit up like a freaking candle! The thing was no mod, and when contacting the creator he wouldn't work with me because he would only talk to the person that bought the jacket for me. *sigh*

Girl, I've been playing with lighting a lot more...Make my pictures, you know-- better. I recently came to find out that a corset fat pack I bought... The spikes and chains sparkle. SPARKLE. It totally destroyed the fetish goth look I thought I had going on. Since I'm not wearing it at present I can't tell if it's Modify. The HUD offers no option to turn off the glitter look I had no idea was there. It's pretty, the sparkle...But like I said: It wasn't expected.

Back on-topic,

I don't care to mod any of my items unless they are furry. I do own a pair of mesh ears and horns that need to be re-tinted when I decide to change my skin...Tinting is A PAIN IN THE ARSE!! I can get the skin around my horns to look great, but my ears...I am constantly tweaking them because one day they're perfect (under one windlight) and then the next day, they're too dark, or bright (same windlight.)

Drives me insane.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So, its shady for a merchant to want to sell things in a variety of colors? Well hell, why dont we just sell everything in white with baked on shadows so you can tint to your heart's content. Ever think of asking a merchant to do a custom color? If they already have it in multiple shades it is rather easy to add one. I bet most won't even ask for custom pay. 

You want to make your own texture of a mesh i created?!?! Good luck with that. You won't have the UV, AO or any other map. Even if its a FP mesh kit, you won't have those things. At best you could apply a base texture that would probably bork things up. Clothing does not need to be mod. rigged mesh cant be resized. All you want is the ability to copy it and recolor t to avoid buying it from the merchant. THAT is shady. 

Do you buy RL car, clothing, furniture, house, dishes and what not in white and paint, dye or stain them? 

ETA... I made something unique, who are you to tell me you can do it better? Make your own damn mesh then. 

Oh my, that's a bit aggressive, isn't it?

What's shady is disabling the built in ability to tint things for no other reason but to force us to re-buy the entire product if we want more than one color, especially when it needlessly prevents the buyer from making small tweaks if their avatar isn't exactly what the merchant was creating the item for.  Wouldn't it help to allow people with a wider range of designs to use your object?

As far as making the texture goes, the same thing applies.  Sure it's not going to work most of the time, but if there is some clever way a buyer found to make the item usable in some different manner, who does it hurt to allow them to try if they're not able to resell it?  Also, if you've bought an item on a platform where it's standard for things to be copyable, how does copying an item you bought from the merchant allow someone to avoid buying it from the merchant?

Using RL to compare a purchase to SL is not really a logical comparison in any way.  Unless there is something that by default you can buy one time and get a lifetime supply of copies that resize and color as you wish them to :).  What I'm talking about is removing base functions of SL for no actual gain.  Instead of get angry that someone would like to use your product in a different manner than the exact way you intended, why not enjoy the extra income since it doesn't actually hurt you?

Maybe someone really likes your unique rigged jacket, because they feel it's well made, well colored, with a well done texture, BUT, they want to apply a bumpmap of their own to make it look like a different fabric.  You'd rather rudely tell them to make their own instead of pay you for your work?

1 minute ago, WingalingDragon said:

Maybe someone really likes your unique rigged jacket, because they feel it's well made, well colored, with a well done texture, BUT, they want to apply a bumpmap of their own to make it look like a different fabric.

If you want to do that then go right ahead and make the object to begin with instead of demanding that creators set their object's permissions to what you consider fair. Go right ahead, learn how to do the work, spend the money to invest in a start up, and then set the perms as you see fit. 

2 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

What's shady is disabling the built in ability

Do you forget that the perms are a built in ability. They are there for a reason, otherwise, everything would be created with the same perms. We have options. You want to take away my ability to make something no mod. That's denying a built in ability .. shame on you!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Simple, if you don't like the perms someone gave to something THEY created and therefore have every right to set it up how they want,  move on and buy something else that does suit your needs.  Or make one yourself.    There is nothing "shady" about it.  

If given a choice between buying a well made product that disables base functions in order to charge extra for them, and a well made product that allows you to tweak it for your own use, you'd pick eitehr or 50% of the time?  I asked why people support no-mod sellers, and asked if there was any other reason than profit to disable modify.  Who does it hurt for someone to allow me to tint an item to be a slightly darker shade to match the rest of a room/outfit/etc?  It's odd people are saying 'make it yourself' without listing what is so bad about allowing modifications.  If it's really such a bad thing, shouldn't it be easy to give reasons *why*?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

If you want to do that then go right ahead and make the object to begin with instead of demanding that creators set their object's permissions to what you consider fair. Go right ahead, learn how to do the work, spend the money to invest in a start up, and then set the perms as you see fit. 

Do you forget that the perms are a built in ability. They are there for a reason, otherwise, everything would be created with the same perms. We have options. You want to take away my ability to make something no mod. That's denying a built in ability .. shame on you!

I'm not demanding anything, I'm asking questions :)  I'm not sure why you think it's a better idea to try and vilify me in some strange way instead of simply explain to me what the benefit of no-mod is, or the terrible downside to allowing it, but it's not helping your cause to attack people that ask questions.  It makes it look like you really don't want this topic to be discussed in the first place, whatever your intentions are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WingalingDragon said:

It makes it look like you really don't want this topic to be discussed in the first place, whatever your intentions are.

The topic has been discussed many times over the years.  Its not that people don't want to discuss it.  People have given their opinions. In all the posts above.  Looks like a discussion to me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

I'm not demanding anything, I'm asking questions :)  I'm not sure why you think it's a better idea to try and vilify me in some strange way instead of simply explain to me what the benefit of no-mod is, or the terrible downside to allowing it, but it's not helping your cause to attack people that ask questions.  It makes it look like you really don't want this topic to be discussed in the first place, whatever your intentions are.

I gave my reasons right after you posted. I didn't attach you, but when you attacked Drake you opened yourself up for responses to that attack. You attacked creators in your OP by calling us, yes, I'm a creator, shady for making no-mod content. So don't go acting like you are innocent and just asking questions and wanting a discussion. If that is what you wanted you should have written your OP differently. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

asked if there was any other reason than profit to disable modify. 

Just reading this now :D.

Let me start by saying that I SELL MOD items. 

But beyond that I fully support creators that want to sell there items as no-mod.  I have seen what some folks have done to my meshes that sometimes take a day to make, sometimes longer, sometimes just a few minutes :D.  No matter, I take a lot of care making the best products that I can. When someone turns the texture on my buildings (Cycles baked so a time consuming process that looks really good) and replaces them with solid white (as in no texture) and tints it bright PINK, it hurts. It really does. But I still sell things mod because I know how important it is to be able to resize and sometimes link together to save land impact.

I don't buy things much at all, but if it is hair or skin or rigged clothing, I never expect them to be mod. I am fine with that. I honestly don't even pay attention to the permissions before I buy. I either like the item or I don't. It is either well made or not. If it is made for a giant it's likely I wouldn't like it even if I could make it smaller). I pay MUCH more attention to LODs and triangle count and texture size.   

MOST items that I buy ARE mod (in the Home and Garden area and that's mostly what I buy).

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

Oh my, that's a bit aggressive, isn't it?

So is calling merchants shady over selling items..

46 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

What's shady is disabling the built in ability to tint things for no other reason but to force us to re-buy the entire product if we want more than one color, especially when it needlessly prevents the buyer from making small tweaks if their avatar isn't exactly what the merchant was creating the item for.  Wouldn't it help to allow people with a wider range of designs to use your object?

Well, duh.. Part of the whole merchant thing is selling stuff.. If people only bought one color with the ability to recolor and copy to their hearts content, whats the point of creating? Also, what small tweaks do you think you will be able to make to clothing to fit your av better?

48 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

As far as making the texture goes, the same thing applies.  Sure it's not going to work most of the time, but if there is some clever way a buyer found to make the item usable in some different manner, who does it hurt to allow them to try if they're not able to resell it?  Also, if you've bought an item on a platform where it's standard for things to be copyable, how does copying an item you bought from the merchant allow someone to avoid buying it from the merchant?

I can guarantee you that retexturing rigged mesh clothing without the proper UV maps would look like crap. "clever way?" you mean ripping content?  You were the one that said you wanted to recolor it and not be "forced" to buy multiple colors.

50 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

Using RL to compare a purchase to SL is not really a logical comparison in any way.  Unless there is something that by default you can buy one time and get a lifetime supply of copies that resize and color as you wish them to :).  What I'm talking about is removing base functions of SL for no actual gain.  Instead of get angry that someone would like to use your product in a different manner than the exact way you intended, why not enjoy the extra income since it doesn't actually hurt you?

Of course its logical, its still a business. Where are you getting this extra income BS? YOu really think making clothing Mod would drive sales through the roof? Please share the puff puff with the rest of us. And it can and has hurt us.. People have modded items and them complained for hours that they cant fix it and would ewe help them fix it how they want.. If you want custom work, pay for it.

52 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

Maybe someone really likes your unique rigged jacket, because they feel it's well made, well colored, with a well done texture, BUT, they want to apply a bumpmap of their own to make it look like a different fabric.  You'd rather rudely tell them to make their own instead of pay you for your work?

Actually, if you read what i wrote i did say 

15 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Ever think of asking a merchant to do a custom color? If they already have it in multiple shades it is rather easy to add one. I bet most won't even ask for custom pay. 

So where are you getting i am telling them to make their own?

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

If given a choice between buying a well made product that disables base functions in order to charge extra for them, and a well made product that allows you to tweak it for your own use, you'd pick eitehr or 50% of the time?  I asked why people support no-mod sellers, and asked if there was any other reason than profit to disable modify.  Who does it hurt for someone to allow me to tint an item to be a slightly darker shade to match the rest of a room/outfit/etc?  It's odd people are saying 'make it yourself' without listing what is so bad about allowing modifications.  If it's really such a bad thing, shouldn't it be easy to give reasons *why*?

50 minutes ago, WingalingDragon said:

1 hour ago, WingalingDragon said:

I just quoted in clumps but you get the picture. Ok so if you are really the age your name says, you have missed a lot of Second Lifes creating history. Does not make you wrong in any way, it just means you see it so clearly the way you think it should be vs the way it is because of so many other things. 

Mesh is only 2011...NO MOD has been around a lot longer as the standard. Before mesh (and not trying to sound like you have no knowledge but just explaining) there was Prims products only, with anything else texture/system layers. 

Anything that was prim that was mod could be replicated in world by anyone, you did not have to be a creator or even a genius, if you bought some shoes and had some time to kill, you could recreate them at no cost to yourself at all in a short or long depending on your skill set time. Throw on a library texture and tint away like a crazy person and send copies to everyone you knew, or set up a store and sell to your hearts content, it was very hard to scream theft of a cube that was manipulated in a way that everyone else could do by hand, so your screaming theft was often just ignored. 

So while some people moved a strand, or edited the size of a belt, seriously belted clothing in prims were the devils work,  it was some used as intended, some just didn't wear anything they had to resize and stuck to textures and so on - it was easier to adjust your shape than try and fix a 87 prim linkset. 

Then on top of that you had people editing these things that were not really meant to be edited in such a way, but more just stretch or shrink and you ended up with buckles falling off and rivets shooting off into the air and customers IMing day in and day out because they could not get something to look how it did in the ad, and you tpd over and it was in pieces and textured with some snapshot they took of their wedding and it was a left shoe. 

Now in those early years, 7 times out of 10 items were NO COPY......... OMG I KNOW RIGHT, there were limited resources for buying for someone else without it being transfer only, so this meant that that wedding cake cute picture that was now on someones thigh high boot was no copy, so the creator had to then decide if they were even online daily or weekly or sometimes even monthly, to send a new set of boots to the customer, and then the customer still needed it to fit etc, etc. This was time consuming, we did not have vendor systems as such, we did not have a multitude of staff working for businesses that were entrusted enough to send a new copy and so on, so it was all on the creator.

Then there were little hacks to SL that meant if the creator set up the package to be passed to giftee they could keep the perms inside as no transfer, so unlimited copies was possible and still gifted, but if the box was rezzed it broke that and you had customers IMing saying they wanted to see the item before sending it so yeah you have that. 

Way back when all of this and this is a speck of most of what was happening was happening, creators were begging for the ability to choose the permissions more selectively, give people the option to tint and resize only, but not see what made the item the item, not retexture with a RL picture of your pony and three kids by mistake etc, but nope.

Then with the system layers, that was a whole other thing, you had people tinting skins and lipsticks and we wont even go into the whole the lipstick layer was on the wrong layer stack than skin and someone at LL randomly one day years later tried to fix that and we all looked like Ronald McDonald for a day - SL IS HILARIOUS! But you also had people using tricks to rip them, and change them and give them to friends or again sell them. The only way to preserve the creators rights in some way in this was to make the layers no mod, why you ask.....

Well you see when it is mod, you can see the texture, it might be tiny but you can see it, and you could see that on the sides of the UV someone may have written THIS IS THE PROPERTY OF and it was that kind of thing that often the thieves overlooked when stealing and would end up in the copy and then the original creator had a leg to stand on. 

They added resize scripting, colour huds to texture change and tint through devices that gave the customer something to benefit from, but still kept their work safer.

SCULPTS!

When mod the little rainbow that made a sculpt was visible, again they asked, can it be something we check off so that they can still resize, tint etc, but not see what made the sculpt? Nope. So no mod shutters slammed shut all over the place, it did not take long until someone worked out that uploading with an alpha channel meant it did not show the rainbow, so could not be stolen, but still kept the shape, but like most of SL even if 20 people learn of this new way, it does not mean everyone catches up and so no mod was safer. Again all the tech, resizers and so on where often in place. Not perfect but it was something. 

This was all around the time of the Copybotter tech hitting the grid, did you know that that was developed by people that were meant to be creating something to HELP sl, but turned the gird on its side in the most epic way, stores actually closed down in protest and so on, so anyone that still had mod items again shut those shutters tight.

Now in all of this you still think this is silly and does not protect because you are newer and you know and read and etc, and that is great, it is good to know and so on, but the only thing that creators had was this underlying knowledge by them and their real customers that something was NO MOD, so if someone was prancing around in a dress created by a creator that does no mod, and the dress was only sold at RFL in an EXCLUSIVE (that word was used correctly in the olden days) Purple only and only at RFL , in a sage green then all those that knew could contact the creator and let them know that there was a version of their dress on the grid in green, and with much sorrow they would seek it out and do what was needed and have more of their soul traumatised, because they just spent the last 3 days in sleazy malls copying out information for DMCA's on some other items they made, and while they stood there on alts gathering watched people tp in and out and buy the stolen items and talk about how good a deal it was to buy it stolen because it was a whole 200L at the creators store. 

So when an item is sold no mod, but has a resizer or a tinting and texture change option, and it is seen in green, well everyone is a bit more comfortable, and even though every other dozen or so, one of them may in fact be stolen, because as you said it does not really protect, there is not the anxiety of everything you see in a different colour is theft. 

Now sculpts resizing was mainly a this way or that, you could not do a lot with it edit wise, so scripting was the way to go anyway, because hand manipulation would have ended up with blobs. 

Then along came mesh, and mesh was beautiful and looks amazing, but again, modding it is not always a big consideration. A house or decor etc, has to be mod, sure, it makes sense, because you need to be able to turn a rug into a place mat, and who does not love a larger potted plant if you have the space for it. I love tinting a wall that I need to be darker or lighter, or any number of things just like anyone else, but have you ever tried to tint a wall and the whole house turns blue, or you try and move a door and you end up with the bake shadow? or you accidentally rotate somethings texture and you have no idea what you did and why now there is a staircase on your vase? While many do know what to do in these situations, or why they do what they do , a full uv bake for a building while furnished vs each segment having its own etc, many do not, so again they contact creators and they freak out and all manner of letting them know they could just rez another copy does not make a lick of difference when they already furnished that one, or are wearing the clothing in the exact order they wanted to and now that their shoe is glowing orange and their pants come off every time they wear a top, you cannot convince them it is not your fault this is happening to them.

So many still leave items attached to right hand, many do not know you can change that. Many do not know that there is now a ring finger setting so if a ring was not made bento but is a singular ring, if you attach to that it will stay in place as it is meant to, people do not always know, so creators have one thing they can do that can make things not escalate into all of their time being spent fixing things, and that is no mod. 

Again many do, and many can learn and when I joined SL i could not edit to save my life and was terrified to move anything in case I broke it, but now I can edit all the live long day, but it does not mean i won't wear a house occasionally, or accidentally attach to nose instead of pec because i mouse stutter.

So there is nothing shady about no mod, there is nothing wrong with spending hours if not days hand drawing every wrinkle or hand drawing every stitch on something and then not wanting someone to tint it fluro green for St Patricks Day, or buying one colour from you and tinting it every colour imaginable even though with windlight and sun direction you look crazy to many if you do especially when facelights and the like come into play.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to present their work with those textures used all individually including the details they want and that tinting them does not always help them along. Do not misunderstand sometimes if clothing is mod and i can tint it a little creamier I am happy as anyone else may be, but I am rarely going to wear it out that way because it will in most cases look tinted, and fatpack is my favourite colour.

But there is something wrong with saying they are wrong for doing so, or worse calling them shady, because most of them have wanted for many years to give more abilities without losing lots by doing so.

I am not going to read back through my ramble because I may add more, and I know it is long because SL history is fun :P

While mod is great, it has its costs and it is not always the customer that pays.

Edit : Laughs Maniacally because it did not look that long before I hit submit

Edited by Sasy Scarborough
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I'm more concerned with no demo than no mod really..

If I can try it on or try it out first,I'll know if I'm going to want to toy with it first or not..

Some things I buy have to be mod or it's no sale, where other things it just comes down to how well they are made.. I feel I've been around long enough to know better with some things..

I really haven't been bitten too many times that I can think of to really worry that much about it..But I will say,yes sometimes mod does matter,but not always.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.