Gap between mesh head and hair

Chuckey Jigsaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone! :)
I just recently noticed that there are problems with mesh hair and mesh heads. It seems that the hair is floating above the head (just a little bit but yet visible) and there's nothing I can do about it since I can't move the hair down to fit the head. It only occurs with "older" mesh hair, which has been released before mesh heads were a thing.
Is there any chance to fix this? :-/ 

Have a nice weekend. ❤️ 

19 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Is there any chance to fix this? :-/ 

Yes, but you won't like the answer: get a new head...

Your hair is rigged, it cannot be resized or moved. But you stand a small chance that the hair is weighted different than your head and playing with the head size slider can close the gap..

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Some hair designers are now rigging their hairs to specific head brands if your current hairs don't have this option might be something to look out for on future hair purchases

yeah and always repeat the MBA mantra... DEMO DEMO DEMO

I always demo. It's old hair which I purchased way before mesh heads came out. It's just a bit annoying that obviously you're not able to wear them anymore.. D: I'll try and fiddle with the head sliders a bit, but I guess I won't be lucky. Thanks for the answers though! :) 

11 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I always demo. It's old hair which I purchased way before mesh heads came out. It's just a bit annoying that obviously you're not able to wear them anymore.. 😧 I'll try and fiddle with the head sliders a bit, but I guess I won't be lucky. Thanks for the answers though! :) 

therein lies a bit of hope, there is rigged mesh and fitmesh, maybe it is only rigged - especially older stuff often is...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I always demo. It's old hair which I purchased way before mesh heads came out. It's just a bit annoying that obviously you're not able to wear them anymore.. 😧 I'll try and fiddle with the head sliders a bit, but I guess I won't be lucky. Thanks for the answers though! :) 

If it is only the front, try to adjust the forehead.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.