Nichole Bergamasco

Avatar a cloud but can be seen normally by other people

Question

tHi all,

Just recently with sl viewer, and also firestorm 32 bit and 64 bit my avatar is a cloud, I can't see myself but others can see me fine.

I've relogged many times, rebaked textures, nothing has worked at all.  Any ideas?  thank you in advance for any help.

5 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Nichole Bergamasco said:

tHi all,

Just recently with sl viewer, and also firestorm 32 bit and 64 bit my avatar is a cloud, I can't see myself but others can see me fine.

I've relogged many times, rebaked textures, nothing has worked at all.  Any ideas?  thank you in advance for any help.

Have you had a look at this?  https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nichole Bergamasco said:

tHi all,

It is also possible that you've got a corrupted inventory - specifically a corrupted Outfits folder or two 'current outfit' folders, etc..   You can open a Support ticket and ask LL to check your inventory for corruption.  They have utilities that will fix some of those issues.

• Like 1

I want to thank you both,  Cindy and LittleMe, but I did figure it out.  I went through my inventory and realized I wasn't wearing my "shape".

As soon as I went to "wear" my shape, my avatar reappeared.  Thank you again :) I appreciate  your help.

Your avatar is always wearing four indispensable elements: skin, shape, eyeballs, and bald cap.  It's impossible to remove any one of those four.  You can only replace them with other ones.  That said, one of the classic ways to recover from a bake fail is to do exactly what you have just done -- replace one of those four elements.  When you do that, you are forcing the servers to update your avatar file, in turn forcing clients to redraw your avatar.  Nine times out of ten, that gets rid of the fluffy cloud and gives you back your normal charming appearance.

That's one of the basic cures mentioned in the Firestorm wiki that Cindy aimed you toward in her reply.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nichole Bergamasco said:

I want to thank you both,  Cindy and LittleMe, but I did figure it out.  I went through my inventory and realized I wasn't wearing my "shape".

As soon as I went to "wear" my shape, my avatar reappeared.  Thank you again :) I appreciate  your help.

That actually implies that something odd happened with your 'shape' because that is one of the 4 basic items that can never be taken off.  It can only be replaced, because you must always have one.  

ETA:  I forgot, as Rolig mentioned, that wearing a new shape will replace the old one and often fix the cloud issue.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell