Screen flashes between daytime/nightime while in world.

Esther DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm back at SL after a long break.  It's so fun to come back, but.....my screen keeps flashing between daytime and nighttime sunlight.  It gets worse as the session goes on.  I feel like I'm going to have a seizure!!!  I'm hoping I don't have to get a new computer to be able to play in SL again. 

Here is the graphic info:

1761609504_GraphicsCard.jpg.cffbdd12c6f9393b26614e6c519ae89f.jpg

That graphics driver version you are running is very old (released in 2012).  That old driver also has a severe memory leak, which is likely to be cause of the flashing & not responding.

You should update to the latest available driver version, which is this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28164/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Probably a laptop ... this is very typical hardware for SL users.

Laptop yes, this little memory no.

I'm surprised you can even still run Windows with only 4gb. Fresh windows installs already use 1-2gb, you can hardly open Chrome before Windows starts smoking ... let alone run a SL client, they all use up 700-1000MB just starting up not even taking into account loading stuff.

I'm at a point where 16gb is way too little... imagine, that's 4 times as much and i constantly max it out and yea i know i compile stuff but without compiling i easily get 8-10gb usage just every day usage.

Edited by NiranV Dean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.