Favourite Bar .. List's gone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is this just me or anyone else is having the same problem too? I didn't notice it until just now and I have not done anything than TP'ng from one place to another.

Also I noticed for since early this week, textures on my laptop are loading a little slower than normal. Usually when I have this problem it is after the new release and would be fixed with the next batch package. I hope there is another one soon coming?

Just wondering; is it the list of favourites in your inventory and/or landmarks tab in the sidebar that is gone, or is it the bar at the top?

If it is the bar at the top; Does it not show up in the contextual menu when you rightclick the location bar? It should, and you should be able to enable it again from there.

- Luc -

Hello Willow. My feeling is that you hided accidentally the favorites bar. You can do right click on the Menu bar --> Show favorites bar. The folder Favorites is a system folder in our inventory and that means that we can't move, modify (rename, edit or delete) them.

• Like 1

It was a bit difficult to see on the picture, but the list of LM's were gone when you logged in, correct? The Favourites bar is there, but does not contain any LM's?

Did you try clearing cache? Since the favourites are inventory items, I wonder if that might help.

It sounds strange that the list emptied between logins like that. It could be that you have to recreate the fav list from scratch.

[EDIT] Oh, and the texture loading. I get the impression that there is something different with the latest viewer. Quite a few people have asked questions regarding texture rezzing - but mostly about their own avi not rezzing. Perhaps it is simply the viewer that doesn't work as well as the previous ones. Don't know if this is the case, though.

- Luc -

• 8 years later...
35 minutes ago, Evolving Yin said:

This happened to me too, and I don't see a workable solution for it yet?  Favorites bar is there, but all my landmark links are gone :( I have to recreate from scratch.

Are you certain? The original post and comments are eight years old, so this issue was resolved a long time ago for them, at least. Now you are saying that you are experiencing the same thing?

Have you checked your inventory, in case those landmarks were moved from the favorites folder back into the landmarks folder?

• Also: Which Viewer are you using? (Second Life, Firestorm, Catznip, Another?)
  • Also: have you tried a different viewer than the one you're using right now, have they returned?

Edited by Alyona Su

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Happens to me in 2021

On 10/9/2019 at 8:01 PM, Alyona Su said:

Are you certain? The original post and comments are eight years old, so this issue was resolved a long time ago for them, at least. Now you are saying that you are experiencing the same thing?

Have you checked your inventory, in case those landmarks were moved from the favorites folder back into the landmarks folder?

• Also: Which Viewer are you using? (Second Life, Firestorm, Catznip, Another?)
  • Also: have you tried a different viewer than the one you're using right now, have they returned?

Happens to me in 2021...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 1:51 AM, RowanMinx said:

Did you checked your favorites folder in your inventory? Has your inventory fully loaded?

Yea..  they don't load , even after a few hours.. so always I have to clear inventory cache or go without .... which is a pain if you are working on stuff and don't want to  log off and lose all 'recent' or clear your inventory, but just saying happens to me all the time.. no rhyme or reason even in 2021 with someone saying it has been resolved.

1 hour ago, ConnieG Sorbet said:

Yea..  they don't load , even after a few hours.. so always I have to clear inventory cache or go without .... which is a pain if you are working on stuff and don't want to  log off and lose all 'recent' or clear your inventory, but just saying happens to me all the time.. no rhyme or reason even in 2021 with someone saying it has been resolved.

I find when it happens to me, it's usually an internet issue.  Instead of clearing cache, next time, reboot your modem first and see if that helps.  It almost always works for me.

• 4 weeks later...

You can try taking all your faves out and sticking them in another folder. Leave the Faves Bar empty. Re-log. As you follow the steps below you may need to use the Places->Landmarks panel to move the LMs around.

Add one LM back to the Faves. Use the viewer through 2 or more sessions. If the problem is gone, add one more LM to the Faves bar. Repeat until the problem returns. Then remove the last added LM. Re-log. See if the problem is solved. If it is, you have a broken or malformed LM. Set it aside. Add a different one. If the problem does not return then it is very likely that specific LM that is causing the problem. Delete it and make a replacement.

If all this makes no difference... well you have eliminated a possibility.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.