Help about Stolen Money

Natalia Genna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there.  What can I do about land owner who rented me a stall then ejected me and won't refund my 300L. He has stolen it from me so what can I do about that. He won't respond and he won't pay it back either. For all I know he has either taken it down or defaced it. Anyone know how I can report it to linden labs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 9:38 PM, Natalia Genna said:

Hi there.  What can I do about land owner who rented me a stall then ejected me and won't refund my 300L. He has stolen it from me so what can I do about that. He won't respond and he won't pay it back either. For all I know he has either taken it down or defaced it. Anyone know how I can report it to linden labs.

So... about $1.10 U.S. - Your best bet is to move on and chalk it under the EXPERIENCE column. There are scofflaws and troll and cheats and liars and hoodlums and griefers and all sorts of such ilk in Life. They also exist in Second Life. 300L may seem like a lot right now, but as you gain more experience in SL you'll fast learn that it's like dropping a ten cent piece out of your purse (or pocket) while walking in town and the truth is: are you really going to stop to bend over to pick that up $0.10 from the ground? Because that's what we're talking about here.

Short version: Your stress is NOT worth it. Live and learn.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

i agree with Alyona. I just recently lost L$2,500 cuz the rp community owners didn't like me helping a friend find a new mainland parcel so they banned me and returned my objects but not my money, so i just kiss it goodbye and move on.

This kind of thing happens alot in SL.

Edited by VenKellie

2 minutes ago, VenKellie said:

i agree with Alyona. I just recently lost L$2,500 cuz the rp community owners didn't like me helping a friend find a new mainland parcel so they banned me and returned my objects but not my money, so i just kiss it goodbye and move on.

This kind of thing happens alot in SL.

sadly that kind of stuff happens a lot in SL...

I just seem to subconsciously like to shop LOL spent about 3000 that way by now with accidental shoppings

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 2:38 PM, Natalia Genna said:

$1.20 isn't too bad for a long lasting lesson. 😀

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Once i lost 30 000 ld. I was so naive so paid for some months forward hoping that landlord is good person. It was lasting for years, i always kept my balance filled. And when i decided to leave - I warned landowner for 2 months hoping he will refund me at least one. No, lol, they even did not move their a//// to help me though I recently bought full sim from them (i will discover names in private dialog if you want). So better to have deal with LL than to some even well-known landlords. Though... If to say truth once landlord lady with name Babe D/// (owner of O///// estate) refunded me for whole month cos i changed mind to rent sim. I think it is lottery and need to try to collect feedbacks before you rent from somebody. Myself I count every day for renters, if they decide to leave even suddenly - I will refund by request.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.