Sign in to follow this  
Geona Graves

constant freezing in Firestorm

Question

Posted (edited)

I just updated to the latest Firestorm version, and I'm having a really strange problem where the moment it loads in, regardless of graphical setting or emptiness of the sim, anything that I can really think of being the culprit, CONSTANTLY hangs every other second. one second fine, next hang, next fine, and so on. I have never experienced such a strange problem before, so I've got no idea why it would be acting up like this, especially on a fresh install with all caches cleared.

Edit: decided to try the regular viewer for the sake of being thorough. literally no issue with it, though I forget if it's up to date or not.

Edited by Geona Graves

2 answers to this question

Viewer can crash on exit without our noticing. In some cases part of the viewer is still running. That still running part can mess up the next launch of the viewer. So, before resorting to drastic steps, restart the computer and see if a problem persists. Only then is it time to start stirring the computer...

Glad you have it working.