Question

Posted (edited)

I want to export my creations that are 100% mine to my computer, how do I do that?  I'm not really understanding why this is a difficult thing since all the creations that I'm referring to are designed, created, and owned by me - shouldn't I have full access and digital rights to download it to my computer whenever I want and without feeling like I'm trying to steal my own creations?  :(

Edited by RoseannArabia
Typos
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

Thanks. I have exported prim builds as collada, not sure how backing up would have a different outcome.

When you back up as PRIMS using Backup it saves a prim linkset which you can import again (for free if you upload without textures). It will also uploaded the TEXTURED prim build for you.   It is great fun to watch a 500 prim item "build itself".  You should try it sometime.  I mostly used then for Opensim where "prims don't count" since most folks have a sim. :D.

You can of course upload WITH the same textures -- you pay for each texture used. 

1845743899_uploadinglinkset.png.74862e23ab315eceeadedee01e8b2753.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 2

@Chic Aeon  Okay, that makes sense now.  Thank you so much for clarifying that.  I was starting to be more confused about that after doing some searching than I was about my original question.