Left handed crouching for gorean combat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the Firestorm Viewer I have successfully changed the key used to crouch with from the C Key to the space bar because it is easier to use when WASD keys are used to move an avatar in gorean combat. The crouch is necessary in GM metered combat for the shield is to be effective.

Now there is a left handed person I know who uses the mouse in her left hand, and instead of WASD, she uses the arrow keys on the numeric key pad. For the right handed the space bar is convenient to use with the thumb while the three strongest fingers in the middle of the left hand are used on WASD keys. This left handed person wants similar convenience and so wants to crouch with the numeric keypad's 0 key using her right hand's thumb.

To change the crouch to a space bar I made these XML element changes to Firestorm's keys.xml file:

Under both  "<first_person>" and "<third_person>":
was: <binding key="SPACE" mask="NONE" command="stop_moving"/>
is: <binding key="SPACE" mask="NONE" command="push_down"/> 

Where the key, mask, and command, attributes might not appear in the same order as above.

The information I am seeking is what value to assign the key attribute so that for the numeric entry pad's 0 key the command attribute is set to "push_down". Elsewhere in the keys.xml file I see it is likely this value would have the  prefix "PAD_". But I did not see a "PAD_0" or "PAD_INS" anywhere in the file. Is there a value that can be assigned the key attribute that will enable the couching function for the numeric entry pad's 0 key? Is there any other way to do this?

Edited by agentronin

On 3/10/2019 at 5:42 PM, agentronin said:

In the Firestorm Viewer I have successfully changed the key used to crouch with from the C Key to the space bar because it is easier to use when WASD keys are used to move an avatar in gorean combat. The crouch is necessary in GM metered combat for the shield is to be effective.

Now there is a left handed person I know who uses the mouse in her left hand, and instead of WASD, she uses the arrow keys on the numeric key pad. For the right handed the space bar is convenient to use with the thumb while the three strongest fingers in the middle of the left hand are used on WASD keys. This left handed person wants similar convenience and so wants to crouch with the numeric keypad's 0 key using her right hand's thumb.

To change the crouch to a space bar I made these XML element changes to Firestorm's keys.xml file:

Under both  "<first_person>" and "<third_person>":
was: <binding key="SPACE" mask="NONE" command="stop_moving"/>
is: <binding key="SPACE" mask="NONE" command="push_down"/> 

Where the key, mask, and command, attributes might not appear in the same order as above.

The information I am seeking is what value to assign the key attribute so that for the numeric entry pad's 0 key the command attribute is set to "push_down". Elsewhere in the keys.xml file I see it is likely this value would have the  prefix "PAD_". But I did not see a "PAD_0" or "PAD_INS" anywhere in the file. Is there a value that can be assigned the key attribute that will enable the couching function for the numeric entry pad's 0 key? Is there any other way to do this?

I am hoping if we get this far in the answer I can switch my 2 key with numlocks off to the 5 key with numlocks off.  This gives me the ability to move around in FS much much easier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.