Dawn of the SL Dead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Ipecac Burnham said:

I remember exploring SL a few years back, and for a while every club, every store, every chat spot had a zombie... if you didn't shoot it and it "bit" you 3 times you got TP'd home, damage on or not.

None of them ever put out a rezzer to get the gun from... so it ended with lots and lots of empty clubs and stores and bars and builds... I remember one place I tried to buy a dress, I ran back in 3 times trying to get to that darn vendor with no luck.

I stopped exploring for about a year after that... got tired of being booted by prims I didn't wanna fight, please don't do it again.

I never ever ever never saw this!  Could be fun for a bit.  But the undead notoriously get annoying after a while.

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

How is it that I totally missed this?  What kind of stores and clubs do you inhabit, anyway?  Or maybe it's better that I don't know.

What kinda question is that?

Just because you never found a thing, it must never have existed and anyone who found it is a pervert?.

You jump to that?.

Everyone I knew at the time hated them too, they were in sandboxes, biker clubs, bars, speak easy's, peoples houses, they were new so people got the new toy for a while.

I even found them on beaches, some people even made caves for them, always with a red floating hover text health bar.

No wonder our grid feels so empty.

• Confused 4

Just now, Ipecac Burnham said:

What kinda question is that? Just because you never found a thing, it must never have existed and anyone who found it is a pervert?.  You jump to that?.

Sorry if I gave that impression!  I only meant, I'm pretty sure I was here at the time in question, and I never saw any zombies (except a couple of times, at Halloween).  Which surprises me, because I'm s'posed to Know Stuff About SL, y'know?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paragonfanfare said:

Neither did anyone else's.     It's curious why you keep bringing it up.

It didn't?.

26 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What kind of stores and clubs do you inhabit, anyway?  Or maybe it's better that I don't know.

Should I give said inference and implications the answer she clearly expected for shock value?.

In a world full of RLV forced sex, underage avatars and those supporting, profiting from and encouraging it...

Yes, someone did.

Or are we all so blind to what happens around us we'll refuse to acknowledge that too?.

I joined in, said my part, there was no reason at all for that question other than to cause offense, and it succeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ipecac Burnham said:

In a world full of RLV forced sex, underage avatars and those supporting, profiting from and encouraging it...

Will you just take a shower or something, sheesh. Literally no one else brought anything like that up, no one else was even thinking that. 

• Like 3

Just now, CoffeeDujour said:

Will you just take a shower or something, sheesh. Literally no one else brought anything like that up, no one else was even thinking that.  

Well I've explored our grid enough to know what Residents do.

So yes, my mind is fully aware of our surroundings, if yours isn't then that's fine, I didn't bring your habits into question because of a completely off topic, memory of events.

Perhaps people should go look around more and get out of your skybox where you take your blog shots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ipecac Burnham said:

Well I've explored our grid enough to know what Residents do.

So yes, my mind is fully aware of our surroundings, if yours isn't then that's fine, I didn't bring your habits into question because of a completely off topic, memory of events.

Perhaps people should go look around more and get out of your skybox where you take your blog shots.

Do you have "weak man" syndrome or are you just being some kind of troll now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ipecac Burnham said:

It didn't?.

Yes, someone did.

Or are we all so blind to what happens around us we'll refuse to acknowledge that too?.

I joined in, said my part, there was no reason at all for that question other than to cause offense, and it succeed.

No, it didn't - regardless of your insistence to the contrary.

The only person refusing to acknowledge anything is you.

Hint:  if *everyone* says you've misinterpreted something, it's likely not everybody else who's wrong.   Perhaps you might try a little introspection?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, paragonfanfare said:

Hint:  if *everyone* says you've misinterpreted something, it's likely not everybody else who's wrong.   Perhaps you might try a little introspection?

While I do agree that Ipecac misinterpreted what Lindall wrote ...

Unfortunately, misinterpretation comes in many forms. One of these is indeed ascribing a meaning to the written/typed word that was not intended and does indeed rest with the one reading. However "everyone" interpreting a statement a particular way does not mean said way is correct.

Take it from someone often on the speaker/typist/writer end of that - others inserting their own thoughts/reasoning/mindset into what I say/type/write.

• Like 1

Yes, yes...I admit I was being a little flip.  Yes, I agree that what I said was at least a mild poke at Ipecac.  It was meant in a humorous, teasing way, and I am sorry that Ipecac took offense at it.  I apologize, already!

Now...can you please tell me some of the stores where you got attacked by zombies?  I'm curious, really!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

Take it from someone often on the speaker/typist/writer end of that - others inserting their own thoughts/reasoning/mindset into what I say/type/write.

What nerve. I don't know what exactly it is you want me to take from you, but I ain't havin' it. You take it back right this minute!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

What nerve. I don't know what exactly it is you want me to take from you, but I ain't havin' it. You take it back right this minute!

He can’t make you take it, unless you want to. Ooh, that sounds naughty.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Spelling
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.