Dawn of the SL Dead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Idea for Linden Labs - create some zombie bots.

The bots TP from sim to sim, attacking SL users at random.

If they get 3 bites in, the SL user is logged out and his/her account becomes a permanent zombie bot (can't log in and loses inventory)

Would be well fun, I reckon!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Okay, then how about I stalk you (because I chose you at random) and harass you wherever you go? Because what you are suggesting is called griefing.

Your idea is a horrible one. I for one am not at all interested in being attacked by some zombie bot, vampire bot or whatever else you could come up with and you will most likely find that the majority of SL users do not want to be harassed in such a fashion.

So, try again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, TheydonBois said:

Idea for Linden Labs - create some zombie bots.

The bots TP from sim to sim, attacking SL users at random.

If they get 3 bites in, the SL user is logged out and his/her account becomes a permanent zombie bot (can't log in and loses inventory)

Would be well fun, I reckon!

Gonna have to opt out on this idea,  I am not giving up my 12 year old account just because of your idea.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, TheydonBois said:

Idea for Linden Labs - create some zombie bots. The bots TP from sim to sim, attacking SL users at random. Would be well fun, I reckon!

Nice click bait laughs ! Your'e not an LL employee perchance ? 

• Haha 1

There is a game ike that on the OS grid, it's called "Zombies!, Outbreak": https://hypergridexplorers.blogspot.com/2018/07/zombies-outbreak.html

Unlike other zombie games I've seen on any grid, it's a seriously intense high speed shootup with up to 40 zombies at the same time - a new not yet released version runs 100 zombies at best/worst. All of the zombies are clones of previous players of course and if you've been tehre before, you may well have to kill yourself every now and then.

It works as long as nobody is using a mesh avatar but I can't really see how it can be technically possible in SL.

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It works as long as nobody is using a mesh avatar but I can't really see how it can be technically possible in SL.

It could be done in SL, but would require players to pick a character from a pre-made selection and have experience tools swap it in place of their existing avatar .. kinda like any actual game really.

I remember exploring SL a few years back, and for a while every club, every store, every chat spot had a zombie... if you didn't shoot it and it "bit" you 3 times you got TP'd home, damage on or not.

None of them ever put out a rezzer to get the gun from... so it ended with lots and lots of empty clubs and stores and bars and builds... I remember one place I tried to buy a dress, I ran back in 3 times trying to get to that darn vendor with no luck.

I stopped exploring for about a year after that... got tired of being booted by prims I didn't wanna fight, please don't do it again.

1 hour ago, Ipecac Burnham said:

I remember exploring SL a few years back, and for a while every club, every store, every chat spot had a zombie... if you didn't shoot it and it "bit" you 3 times you got TP'd home, damage on or not.

None of them ever put out a rezzer to get the gun from... so it ended with lots and lots of empty clubs and stores and bars and builds... I remember one place I tried to buy a dress, I ran back in 3 times trying to get to that darn vendor with no luck.

I stopped exploring for about a year after that... got tired of being booted by prims I didn't wanna fight, please don't do it again.

Been here forever .. well seems like forever. I've never encountered this at any time. I'm not a fan of zombies so I would remember if I had run into any and especially if they were the biting kind!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

It could be done in SL, but would require players to pick a character from a pre-made selection and have experience tools swap it in place of their existing avatar .. kinda like any actual game really.

That would made the cloning feature rather pointless of course but yes, it could be done and cloning isn't a crucial aprt of the game.

There are at least two other problems too though. One is that it's all based on opensim's system with bots run by the sim server. Running them the SL way from a separate server would add a lot of extra strain on the sim server since it would have to handle each bot as if it wa a regular human controlled avatar. I t's possible it could be done with animesh but I doubt it for several reasons.

The other problem is that Outbreak is run on a dedicated high power server so it has quite a lot more power than an SL sim.

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Been here forever .. well seems like forever. I've never encountered this at any time. I'm not a fan of zombies so I would remember if I had run into any and especially if they were the biting kind!

Lucky you.

I do.

I still see them, though only as a game rezzer now, never wild roaming zombies sending you home.

God I hated those things...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ipecac Burnham said:

How is it that I totally missed this?  What kind of stores and clubs do you inhabit, anyway?  Or maybe it's better that I don't know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.