I can't change my profile pic?

yoyonkova3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Open your profile, click the profile picture and select the texture you wish to use, make sure that you close your profile with 'OK' rather than 'cancel', or the changes won't be saved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoyonkova3 said:

so I have a problem. For some reason I can't change my profile pic. I spent 40L trying to change it but it's still not working. :(

can someone tell me who I can contact or do please

Or do it via the web - Go to https://my.secondlife.com/settings/profile - click Profile Picture on the right side and click Choose File.  Then it doesn't cost anything either.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or do it via the web - Go to https://my.secondlife.com/settings/profile - click Profile Picture on the right side and click Choose File.  Then it doesn't cost anything either.

I am not sure the profile picture here translates in world, I have a different picture here than I have on my in world profile.

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I am not sure the profile picture here translates in world, I have a different picture here than I have on my in world profile.

I wasn't sure either, but I changed mine twice yesterday via the web and it changed inworld almost instantly.  Maybe it will only change inworld if you have the picture/texture inworld -- I did already have both of the ones I was testing the web with.  I'll grab one that I don't have inworld and change the web profile to see what happens inworld.

ETA:  I just changed the picture via the web to a picture that I have not uploaded inworld and it is showing on my inworld profile, both the web version that the LL viewer uses and the legacy profile version that the Firestorm viewer uses.

ETA:  Interestingly though, I reverted my profile back to the previous picture, but did it inworld.  That has not immediately updated to the web browser.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

ETA:  Interestingly though, I reverted my profile back to the previous picture, but did it inworld.  That has not immediately updated to the web browser.

This is probably why mine do not match.

59 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

This is probably why mine do not match.

Interesting.  I know that mine matched before I messed with the web version.  Apparently, once you mess with it via the web, the inworld legacy profile seems to longer affect it.

So I played with it back and forth a bit and this is what I think is going on.  It is only the legacy profiles that seems to use inworld textures.  I logged on using the LL viewer and went to my profile and the option to change it is just like in the web browser -- it has a 'choose file' button that opens a Windows Explorer window to pick a file - since LL viewer uses the web profile, that sort of makes sense.  Any picture file that you choose, either inworld with the LL viewer or via the web browser, will also update the picture on the Firestorm Legacy profile.  However, now that I've updated it via the web browser, any picture I change it to using Firestorm and the legacy profile no longer seems to carry over to the web version.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Interesting.  I know that mine matched before I messed with the web version.  Apparently, once you mess with it via the web, the inworld legacy profile seems to longer affect it.

So I played with it back and forth a bit and this is what I think is going on.  It is only the legacy profiles that seems to use inworld textures.  I logged on using the LL viewer and went to my profile and the option to change it is just like in the web browser -- it has a 'choose file' button that opens a Windows Explorer window to pick a file - since LL viewer uses the web profile, that sort of makes sense.  Any picture file that you choose, either inworld with the LL viewer or via the web browser, will also update the picture on the Firestorm Legacy profile.  However, now that I've updated it via the web browser, any picture I change it to using Firestorm and the legacy profile no longer seems to carry over to the web version. 

It should update both ways but it's a buggy as hell & doesn't always work.
Also note that when your web profile shows the wrong image, your mini profile icon in the LL viewer will usually show the correct image that matches the legacy profile.

I doubt LL will bother to fix the bug seeing as web profiles are getting killed off "soon".

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.