You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone :) 

I have been trying to think of room ideas all day for my family home and when asking my children what rooms they would like to see in our home I got the :

Idk, whatever makes you happy and of course their bedrooms. So now I wish to ask the community, below is a google forum of a few ideas I had but if you have any other ideas I would love to hear them.

Thank you all for your help. :)

https://goo.gl/forms/GxywLTKNu6Ss19Xh1

4 hours ago, EshalAriciaVoix said:

I have been trying to think of room ideas all day for my family home

when i see a question like this i expect to find a possibly interesting post to discuss a familyhome.

But when finding just a link to a questionaire makes me move away faster than i came here...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

when i see a question like this i expect to find a possibly interesting post to discuss a familyhome.

But when finding just a link to a questionaire makes me move away faster than i came here...

Well you can always give ideas in the forum i didnt say you had to use the questionnaire. If people want to talk about how their homes they can.... anything helps. 

Edited by EshalAriciaVoix

If you're just starting out as a family or with putting together a home for the family, I would start with the basic rooms first (living/dining/kitchen/bedrooms/bath areas).  Then see what needs for other rooms develop naturally by activities and interactions of the family members.   

• Like 2

I would rate a pool as #1, your questionnaire did not allow me to rank options.

Because it is social, you can have a pool like mine where you click on a button next to the stairs to get a swimming hud, so guests can click there, they don't have to be left out. A slide, a surf board, pillows or lounge chairs. Fun for the whole family.

• Like 2

This post makes me realize what we need on the forums... A SL Cribs topic., showing our homes for inspiration! (and showing off of ocurse...)

To answer the question, I like to create homes with all the primary needs included. Like bathrooms, bedroom, pool.. you know :) Prim limits is usually the bottleneck, if not, I'd go for as much realism as possible, and then add fun stuff en all the little decoration details. Oh, and a garden, big! If possible.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

This post makes me realize what we need on the forums... A SL Cribs topic., showing our homes for inspiration! (and showing off of ocurse...)

There is a show off your home type thread somewhere.  I just CBA searching for it lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

If you're just starting out as a family or with putting together a home for the family, I would start with the basic rooms first (living/dining/kitchen/bedrooms/bath areas).  Then see what needs for other rooms develop naturally by activities and interactions of the family members.   

No we have been a family for years but my kids are now moving back in as it had been just me and my youngest child for a while now. The basics are in but my kids kept saying they wanted more social rooms but when asked what kind they didnt give answers just said whatever comes to my mind which hahaha lots of things come to my mind is why we now have a lava cave because my youngest wanted it

lava cave.PNG

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EshalAriciaVoix said:

No we have been a family for years but my kids are now moving back in as it had been just me and my youngest child for a while now. The basics are in but my kids kept saying they wanted more social rooms but when asked what kind they didnt give answers just said whatever comes to my mind which hahaha lots of things come to my mind is why we now have a lava cave because my youngest wanted it

lava cave.PNG

The lava room is cool and unique, and shows some imagination by your youngest :)

For the older ones moving back in, I'd wait until they decide what type of social rooms they want - otherwise it's likely that what ever you decide still won't satisfy their needs for social rooms. 

Depending on house layouts and prim availability extras rooms in my houses over the years have been art studios, dance rooms, music rooms, sewing rooms or home offices.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

How about a room of horrors? A dark maze that one must navigate using only flashlights and have things pop out to scare you. You could dress up as a monster and chase people around. Or maybe an upside down room. 

My youngest would love that. I will make mention of that to see hat they think. More then likely my youngest will be like please mom please.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.