Valentine Direwytch

Underwear stuck on

Question

The bra and panties on my avatar (female) can't be removed. I bought a new avatar and the underwear was there also. I have done all the remove commands. There is nothing indicating I am wearing underwear nor anyway to remove them. Why do I have permanent underwear and how do I remove them?

2 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Gosh!  So they still have those modesty starter avs?  Years ago, LL had those so that teenaged newbies -- back in the day when there was a Teen SL -- wouldn't be shocked by seeing their naked bodies.  I didn't know they were still around.  If you found one and would really like to see your own naughty bits, you'll have to trade it in for a different body.  Look in your Library >>> Clothing folder in inventory, or go shopping.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Well, Rolig's right...some of the older "starter" avatars have underwear that's actually permanently painted on the skin.  If this is your problem, you don't need a whole new avatar, only a new skin.

But your problem may be different.  You say you have the problem on TWO avatars, one you had, and one you bought?

If this is a mesh avatar,  It should come with at least three things.  1) The avatar object itself, 2) a full-body alpha mask that you wear to hide your regular avatar body, and 3) a control HUD.  You should use the Add command to wear all three of these items.

The control HUD should have a page that lets you turn clothing layers on the mesh avatar on or off.