Is it possible to change the size of an embedded youtube video?

Ansiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the title says, is it possible to post youtube videos in different sizes? The embed code link don't work or i don't know how to add it correctly.

If this is not possible now, can it ever be?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'd like this too.  When I quote someone's post that includes an image, I can edit it smaller, and I usually do...no need for everyone to have all that screen real estate eaten up over and over again.  But I can't do it with an embedded video.

• Like 3

I'm curious why you (general 'you') would want to? I can only speak for myself, but if I watch a video I always click that little "Full Screen" icon in the lower right for YouTube or Vimeo videos, so the embed size is kind of moot, isn't it? This is just me being a curious kitty as I always am, nothing more than that!  :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2019 at 5:39 PM, Alyona Su said:

I'm curious why you (general 'you') would want to? I can only speak for myself, but if I watch a video I always click that little "Full Screen" icon in the lower right for YouTube or Vimeo videos, so the embed size is kind of moot, isn't it? This is just me being a curious kitty as I always am, nothing more than that!  :D

I just want them smaller, i feel they're too big, it would be nice to be able to adjust the size. I usually never click full screen either.  Maybe you read forum on the phone? I read on computer.

12 hours ago, Ansiri said:

I just want them smaller, i feel they're too big, it would be nice to be able to adjust the size. I usually never click full screen either.  Maybe you read forum on the phone? I read on computer.

I read on computer, also. Though I rarely, if ever, bother to look at any video posted on the forums because, for me, most are a waste of time. Though whenever I do watch any video I always go full screen because it's easier to watch and no distraction from all the other page elements. Either way, the size of embedded images and videos are set by the forum system. The only way to have them smaller is if the video or image is actually smaller.

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.