I can't figure out why properties setting are not working for my mesh???

HeatherD Tungsten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have designed a custom female avatar and related clothes.  I have set the properties for both the mesh items and all the textures to COPY and MODIFY.  Yet once I've passed some of my mesh products to other people, some but not these items have the texture tab in the EDIT window locked.  It also remains locked when rezzing these items to the ground in a sandbox.
Likewise, the bottom of the General tab in the EDIT window also has check boxes to set permission for the next owner.  Some of my items will not let me set the check boxes to Modify or Copy for the next owner.
Is there anyone who can enlighten me as to why I am finding this inconsistency?

HeatherD

Make sure you always set permissions on the ground rezzed, and then when you take back to your inventory check them again, also a good thing to do is send to an alt before you send to anyone, that way you will know exactly how they are getting the items. If you are using a 3rd party viewer maybe check if the same issues are happening with the SL viewer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, HeatherD Tungsten said:

I have set the properties for both the mesh items and all the textures to COPY and MODIFY.  Yet once I've passed some of my mesh products to other people, some but not these items have the texture tab in the EDIT window locked.  It also remains locked when rezzing these items to the ground in a sandbox.

Are there any internal scripts, textures, or items inside the object ? If there are, check / set their perms too

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.