angelikiinha

Doubt about Maitreya Lara

23 hours ago, angelikiinha said:

I'm not sure if the image helps, but her shoulder look "down" and out of place; it's exactly the problem we see here https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shoulder-Bring-Down-DEMO/16442853. To be honest, it's way stranger sometimes (arms up is "ugh... wth?"). Shoulders are around 50 here - above it, she becomes too unnatural, and below, the deformation is worse.

Thanks for the suggestion of shoulder deformers, I did not even know it exists. Sounds like a solution, I'll try. Ankle locks saved me using another body (Altamura) and since Lara have the function in HUD, I'm still using it.

weirdshoulders.jpg.849602ae8457c2cfaf275a4abf474181.jpg

Added some fat and muscle on torso, that was told by Vista Barne when I complaint his AO making a bad shoulder. He said that is the design issued on Maitreya body shoulder. As an example, when I wear Esther AO, I need to add little fat and muscule to shoulder, beside, I will adjust my shoulder a little wider for seeing more naturally with using this AO. Maitreya’s torso muscle is not too much heavy aftter 50. Before 50, your change is much signaficant. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Added some fat and muscle on torso, that was told by Vista Barne when I complaint his AO making a bad shoulder. He said that is the design issued on Maitreya body shoulder. As an example, when I wear Esther AO, I need to add little fat and muscule to shoulder, beside, I will adjust my shoulder a little wider for seeing more naturally with using this AO. Maitreya’s torso muscle is not too much heavy aftter 50. Before 50, your change is much signaficant. 

Oh that creator wants us to adapt our shapes to their AOs? ... now that explains a lot.

Edited by Fionalein

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Oh that creator wants us to adapt our shapes to their AOs? ... now that explains a lot.

I think that is a little harsh.

With the freedom people have to build their shapes and the options of different bodies, it is impossible for AO / Animation creators to make animations that are universally 100% perfect for each shape and body combination. So yeah, if you have animations that need a little tweaking with your shape, thats not so weird?

Maitreya and Vista are two major brands with thousands of customers. There will always be situation where for some of these customers things will not be perfect and need some tweaking. I mean, I tweak my head shape sometimes tiny bits to better fit a hair. Is that bad hair design too?

Both with Maitreya and Vista I have a lot of experience, I own 10 copies of the Maitreya body, and probably have 20+ Vista AO's of all generations collected during the last 12 years. And not once on any of my avies I had to change my shape to fit the AO.

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I always ---- ALWAYS use a lot of fat in my shapes. I compensate for the fat by making my tummy as flat as possible, 0 in fact, and reducing muscle. I find that fat makes the body look more natural and makes the boob shape more round. I also use a lot of body thickness in my shapes.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I don't let anything, AO, clothing, anything dictate to me how to shape my avatar. So his advice would have fallen on deft ears anyway. ;) 

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Both with Maitreya and Vista I have a lot of experience, I own 10 copies of the Maitreya body, and probably have 20+ Vista AO's of all generations collected during the last 12 years. And not once on any of my avies I had to change my shape to fit the AO.

I am a big Vista AO fan. Does that mean I like everything about the AO, well no. But I find that's the case with nearly everything I buy. I'm constantly modifying things to fit my expectation. It's why I try to buy mod items as much as possible. My biggest complaint with animations these days, besides breaking my ankles, is that too many, Vista included, create their animations using avatars with much too short arm lengths, so that is an issue for those like me who are very conscience about proper human proportions when making our shapes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

My biggest complaint with animations these days, besides breaking my ankles, is that too many, Vista included, create their animations using avatars with much too short arm lengths, so that is an issue for those like me who are very conscience about proper human proportions when making our shapes.

My biggest complaint is that after all this time they have not released a proper gown AO yet! With good enough idle (good quality) stand animations as Vista for example has, but without moving the legs all over.

I remember a loooong time ago, I accidentally ran into Vista Barns at his store and somehow ended up testing one of his first mesh pants he was creating, and I mentioned that to him. He was "oh great idea!" But I'm still waiting ;) 

Animations are a problem. Because of the way they work, angles, they are NOT scalable... they either fit or not. Some animators take that into account and provide their animations in SIZES, Large, medium, and small. But that only gets you closer to a fit and there seems to be no standards.

image.png.e1fab52d63cc62fa0e1319cb6791a0a6.png Kuso selling sized animations. The 185 is as close to my 178 as I usually get.

The result is I tweak camera angles to hide a hand in a sit animation or pose that is floating above a knee or hip. On the rare occasions when I REALLY want a perfect pose I make a custom pose fit to my exact avatar shape.

Poorly fitting animations are, I suspect, part of the reason the Black Dragon viewer has a Poser built in. The Lindens plan to build it into the main SL Viewer. So, eventually most viewers will have a built in poser we can use to adjust poses. But, the Poser isn't going to fix the shoulder issue being discussed or poorly fitting animations. :( 

I don't know but I suspect part of the new User Interface (UI) Controls in the the Lindens' EEP viewer (now in RC) are likely to be used in their version of the poser. The controls and UI in Black Dragon work, but I find them awkward to use and require a bit of trial and error as to what moves what.

I try a lot of animations and different animators. Not many design for 5-10/182 avatars. So, finding an animator that designs for my size avatar is a wonderful thing😍 Mostly I deal with poorly fitting animations. Often my Slink arms or legs look like a bent plastic straw. 😣