Doubt about Maitreya Lara

angelikiinha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 hours ago, angelikiinha said:

I'm not sure if the image helps, but her shoulder look "down" and out of place; it's exactly the problem we see here https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shoulder-Bring-Down-DEMO/16442853. To be honest, it's way stranger sometimes (arms up is "ugh... wth?"). Shoulders are around 50 here - above it, she becomes too unnatural, and below, the deformation is worse.

Thanks for the suggestion of shoulder deformers, I did not even know it exists. Sounds like a solution, I'll try. Ankle locks saved me using another body (Altamura) and since Lara have the function in HUD, I'm still using it.

weirdshoulders.jpg.849602ae8457c2cfaf275a4abf474181.jpg

Added some fat and muscle on torso, that was told by Vista Barne when I complaint his AO making a bad shoulder. He said that is the design issued on Maitreya body shoulder. As an example, when I wear Esther AO, I need to add little fat and muscule to shoulder, beside, I will adjust my shoulder a little wider for seeing more naturally with using this AO. Maitreya’s torso muscle is not too much heavy aftter 50. Before 50, your change is much signaficant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Added some fat and muscle on torso, that was told by Vista Barne when I complaint his AO making a bad shoulder. He said that is the design issued on Maitreya body shoulder. As an example, when I wear Esther AO, I need to add little fat and muscule to shoulder, beside, I will adjust my shoulder a little wider for seeing more naturally with using this AO. Maitreya’s torso muscle is not too much heavy aftter 50. Before 50, your change is much signaficant. 

Oh that creator wants us to adapt our shapes to their AOs? ... now that explains a lot.

Edited by Fionalein

23 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Oh that creator wants us to adapt our shapes to their AOs? ... now that explains a lot.

I think that is a little harsh.

With the freedom people have to build their shapes and the options of different bodies, it is impossible for AO / Animation creators to make animations that are universally 100% perfect for each shape and body combination. So yeah, if you have animations that need a little tweaking with your shape, thats not so weird?

Maitreya and Vista are two major brands with thousands of customers. There will always be situation where for some of these customers things will not be perfect and need some tweaking. I mean, I tweak my head shape sometimes tiny bits to better fit a hair. Is that bad hair design too?

Both with Maitreya and Vista I have a lot of experience, I own 10 copies of the Maitreya body, and probably have 20+ Vista AO's of all generations collected during the last 12 years. And not once on any of my avies I had to change my shape to fit the AO.

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I always ---- ALWAYS use a lot of fat in my shapes. I compensate for the fat by making my tummy as flat as possible, 0 in fact, and reducing muscle. I find that fat makes the body look more natural and makes the boob shape more round. I also use a lot of body thickness in my shapes.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I don't let anything, AO, clothing, anything dictate to me how to shape my avatar. So his advice would have fallen on deft ears anyway. ;) 

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Both with Maitreya and Vista I have a lot of experience, I own 10 copies of the Maitreya body, and probably have 20+ Vista AO's of all generations collected during the last 12 years. And not once on any of my avies I had to change my shape to fit the AO.

I am a big Vista AO fan. Does that mean I like everything about the AO, well no. But I find that's the case with nearly everything I buy. I'm constantly modifying things to fit my expectation. It's why I try to buy mod items as much as possible. My biggest complaint with animations these days, besides breaking my ankles, is that too many, Vista included, create their animations using avatars with much too short arm lengths, so that is an issue for those like me who are very conscience about proper human proportions when making our shapes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

My biggest complaint with animations these days, besides breaking my ankles, is that too many, Vista included, create their animations using avatars with much too short arm lengths, so that is an issue for those like me who are very conscience about proper human proportions when making our shapes.

My biggest complaint is that after all this time they have not released a proper gown AO yet! With good enough idle (good quality) stand animations as Vista for example has, but without moving the legs all over.

I remember a loooong time ago, I accidentally ran into Vista Barns at his store and somehow ended up testing one of his first mesh pants he was creating, and I mentioned that to him. He was "oh great idea!" But I'm still waiting ;) 

Animations are a problem. Because of the way they work, angles, they are NOT scalable... they either fit or not. Some animators take that into account and provide their animations in SIZES, Large, medium, and small. But that only gets you closer to a fit and there seems to be no standards.

image.png.e1fab52d63cc62fa0e1319cb6791a0a6.png Kuso selling sized animations. The 185 is as close to my 178 as I usually get.

The result is I tweak camera angles to hide a hand in a sit animation or pose that is floating above a knee or hip. On the rare occasions when I REALLY want a perfect pose I make a custom pose fit to my exact avatar shape.

Poorly fitting animations are, I suspect, part of the reason the Black Dragon viewer has a Poser built in. The Lindens plan to build it into the main SL Viewer. So, eventually most viewers will have a built in poser we can use to adjust poses. But, the Poser isn't going to fix the shoulder issue being discussed or poorly fitting animations. :( 

I don't know but I suspect part of the new User Interface (UI) Controls in the the Lindens' EEP viewer (now in RC) are likely to be used in their version of the poser. The controls and UI in Black Dragon work, but I find them awkward to use and require a bit of trial and error as to what moves what.

I try a lot of animations and different animators. Not many design for 5-10/182 avatars. So, finding an animator that designs for my size avatar is a wonderful thing😍 Mostly I deal with poorly fitting animations. Often my Slink arms or legs look like a bent plastic straw. 😣

• 4 years later...
On 3/8/2019 at 8:50 PM, angelikiinha said:

I'm using Lara for some time now, with a shape I did myself. I don't want to look like a giant, so my atual height is 194 cm. It makes me smaller than most avs around me, but what is really bothering me are her shoulders.

When she is arms up, they get really awkward and unnatural. I tried to adjust my shape, but it stills weird. And checking other avs using Lara, their shoulders look fine :/ I'm even thinking about buy Belleza Isis.

Is this a known issue of Lara? Maybe can you suggest some adjustment or a custom shape? I like to be "curvy" but slender (small waist, large hips, long legs) but not surreal.

😡 grr i couldnt find Maitreya Lara the complete avatar i have no idea what it looks like please help.

23 hours ago, tako Absent said:
On 3/10/2019 at 9:01 PM, Janet Voxel said:

The main reason I don’t wear a Maitreya are the brolic looking shoulders.

So it’s not just you OP.

I call it elbow macaroni 😁

I hate that too. Maybe I'll change my body.

Weirdly, the shoulders only look ridiculous when sitting down. Standing is usually ok.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 5:51 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I hate that too. Maybe I'll change my body.

Weirdly, the shoulders only look ridiculous when sitting down. Standing is usually ok.

I think shoulder deformer fix the shoulders. I tested it and they look more like Legacy shoulders. I have a Legacy Body too. The wider shoulders on Maitreya, the more prominent high shoulders.

I am so tired of waiting for Lara X. I thought it should be something like two weeks, since Velour posted skins for it so early. It will be interesting to compare things like shoulders.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shoulder-Kit/18492659

It is an old deformer, I have not tested all the new ones. It's even a freebie one. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shoulder-deformer/23762200?page=4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/23/2023 at 6:01 AM, SonicJosephTheBatOc said:

😡 grr i couldnt find Maitreya Lara the complete avatar i have no idea what it looks like please help.

If you have not bought Maitreya Lara yet, you should know that when the updated body comes out, the shoulder issue is supposedly going to be fixed. Read the thread about Lara X. It has pictures of how the new body is supposed to look compared to the current one.

Right now you could get the current body and wait for the free update. You might also get the LucyBody Atenea free on their Midnight Madness board, then pay $L 250 for their Bakes On Mesh HUD. This body fits current Maitreya Lara mesh clothing.

• Like 2

Oh yeah Lara benefits hugely from a shoulder deformer at a minimum. It's very noticeably badly shaped around the shoulders without one.

Is even more pronounced with Petite which also needs breast/chest lift deformers in addition to shoulders imo! Looking forward to LaraX too, hope it reduces the amount of deformer stuff needed.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you have not bought Maitreya Lara yet, you should know that when the updated body comes out, the shoulder issue is supposedly going to be fixed. Read the thread about Lara X. It has pictures of how the new body is supposed to look compared to the current one.

Right now you could get the current body and wait for the free update. You might also get the LucyBody Atenea free on their Midnight Madness board, then pay $L 250 for their Bakes On Mesh HUD. This body fits current Maitreya Lara mesh clothing.

ok

5 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Oh yeah Lara benefits hugely from a shoulder deformer at a minimum. It's very noticeably badly shaped around the shoulders without one.

I noticed it's bad when I sit on some pieces of furniture, while not on others.  Like on this mushroom the shoulders seem fine:

sept 27 ok shoulders_001 Resized.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Is even more pronounced with Petite which also needs breast/chest lift deformers in addition to shoulders imo! Looking forward to LaraX too, hope it reduces the amount of deformer stuff needed.

I honestly haven't needed any deformers wearing petite. They just look like a small natural breast. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.