Requesting Information about a Tyrant Admin of a Sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Angela Levenque said:

Hello guys!

I want to ask around what is the perfect way to charge an admin about a lawless ban?

Lawless, pfft.

Look, Pamela is completely correct. Region owners pay money to the Lab to create their spaces. In return for that large cash outlay they can decide who is allowed access to their space, and under what terms. They can kick you because they hate the way your tail curls or becuase you don't add -sama onto their names while standing on your front paws and whistling the old CCCP anthem as they demand.

If you really want to create even more drama you can talk to the region owner, but sheesh, I hate that when people do this to me and all they want to do is tstir up trouble and ruin my day's fun.

Taking Pamela's correct words further - if you were invited into your neighbors house and started dancing on their coffee table, you really should expect to be kicked out.

Edited by Shudo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why you thinking is about furry things?

Its not about furry, its because an Admin ban me from a sim, without any reason. And i want to ask about what can i do against this? Its not drama. Its about tyrannic acting, what an Admin unable to do.

Meaningless what happens, an Admin need to be calm, and rightful. No self driven needs or personal problems allowed. And every punishment needs to be reasoned and rightful.

So. In a Sim, any Admin can do whatever they want and nobody can do anything against that? Not bad. Okey. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Angela Levenque said:

So. In a Sim, any Admin can do whatever they want and nobody can do anything against that? Not bad. Okey. Thanks.

Yes. They can ban you for not standing on your front paws and whistling the CCCP national anthem.

Edited by Shudo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a free market. If you offer the sim owner enough, they're likely to take it. It'll be expensive, sure, but not oligarch-expensive. US$20,000 might be a good opening bid.

It wouldn't be worth that much to me, but then I'm not the one feeling the butthurt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Angela Levenque said:

Its because a next door neighbor ban me from his house, without any reason.

Its about tyrannic acting, what a neighbor able to do.

Meaningless what happens, a next door neighbor need to be calm, and rightful. No self driven needs or personal problems allowed. And every punishment needs to be reasoned and rightful.

So. In his home, a neighbor can do whatever they want and nobody can do anything against that? Not bad. Okey. Thanks.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Originally banned for breaking the rules listed on the rule board, arguing with a moderator, veiled threats of griefing. Extended ban based on harassment from 3 different accounts to every admin/mod online.

Yep, we are tyrants on this sim guys... watch out for us...

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Angela Levenque said:

Hello guys!

I want to ask around what is the perfect way to charge an admin about a lawless ban?

Ok seriously, create a JIRA to ask for this as a new feature. That's how things get done around here.

Might have to wait a decade or so and even then it still won't get done but that's the process.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Angela Levenque said:

an Admin ban me from a sim, without any reason.

Likely, the admin felt they had a reason, but even if they didn't, it wouldn't matter - because they really can ban you "without any reason".

an Admin need to be calm, and rightful. No self driven needs or personal problems allowed. And every punishment needs to be reasoned and rightful.

You buy a sim and you can set those rules for your Admins.  Other admins can do whatever the region owner lets them do.

So. In a Sim, any Admin can do whatever they want and nobody can do anything against that?

As others have said, the answer is plain and simple -- YES.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As others have said, the answer is plain and simple -- YES.

And you agreed to it:   TOS, Sect 3.4 --- "You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Hi Angela!

While you might not be happy to hear it, the others have offered you good advice.

What you have to understand is that most land in Second Life is owned by some resident, a person just like you.  Their land is controlled by them, not by Linden Lab, and as the land owner, they get to make the rules.  A land owner can admit anyone she likes, and ban anyone she wants to, for any reason...or even for no reason at all.

This means two things:

1. Be nice when you are on someone else's land, and try to obey their rules.
  2. If you don't like the rules, you can buy your OWN land, and make whatever rules you want!

Now that you've learned a painful lesson, remember that Second Life is a big place...there are over 20,000 regions.  So you still have endless places to explore and have fun.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, XKibaxStarX said:

Originally banned for breaking the rules listed on the rule board, arguing with a moderator, veiled threats of griefing. Extended ban based on harassment from 3 different accounts to every admin/mod online.

We always figure there is another side to an OP’s story, but in the case of a sim ban, it doesn’t matter — it’s your sim and you can ban who you want, no explanations necessary.

Edited by Pamela Galli
Sp
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, Angela Levenque said:

Hello guys!

Do you know that you yourself were banned by a particular admin ? is this something you asked them about ? not all bans are bans by the people inhabiting the space at the time. I once tried to tp to an event run by a good friend, I was banned. I had never been banned before that I knew of anywhere. I asked the friend she came up with the name of the owner of the sim, I looked further did not contact anyone else, but then realised that one of the renters of a parcel on the sim was someone that had been declined group rights in something commercially related, her response to that - of which I had no clue of because I did not ever need to be there - was to ban me :D  This happened years before. The owner removed the ban when the friend told her I was banned.

I have also seen sims with people on ban lists because they rented from a rental sim business, and previous renters had banned people,  those things do not usually get wiped away. So if you actually feel you have been banned from a location you have never actually been to or done anything on, then contact them politely and ask if it could be removed if you really feel you need to be there. 

If they really do not want you there, then you have to reason that if you are a good person that you do not need them either. 

Also in some cases someone reads cannot teleport into a region because it is closed to the public or under construction as a ban, make sure it is not just that.

56 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

Do you know that you yourself were banned by a particular admin ? is this something you asked them about ? not all bans are bans by the people inhabiting the space at the time. I once tried to tp to an event run by a good friend, I was banned. I had never been banned before that I knew of anywhere. I asked the friend she came up with the name of the owner of the sim, I looked further did not contact anyone else, but then realised that one of the renters of a parcel on the sim was someone that had been declined group rights in something commercially related, her response to that - of which I had no clue of because I did not ever need to be there - was to ban me :D  This happened years before. The owner removed the ban when the friend told her I was banned.

I have also seen sims with people on ban lists because they rented from a rental sim business, and previous renters had banned people,  those things do not usually get wiped away. So if you actually feel you have been banned from a location you have never actually been to or done anything on, then contact them politely and ask if it could be removed if you really feel you need to be there. 

If they really do not want you there, then you have to reason that if you are a good person that you do not need them either. 

Also in some cases someone reads cannot teleport into a region because it is closed to the public or under construction as a ban, make sure it is not just that.

To clarify.

8 hours ago, XKibaxStarX said:

12 hours ago, XKibaxStarX said:

Waiiit a minute. This same thread was  done a few weeks ago. Noob poster starts a thread to complain about being unfairly banned from a sim and asks what can be done about it. 

Then another noob poster responds explaining exactly why they  banned the OP.

Seriously?

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.