Modeling and rigging pants

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I kind of have a problem regarding pants modeling in Blender. Was hesitant whether to ask here or not, googling around, but I feel like I wont progress unless someone points me into the right direction.

Can anyone tell me what is the basic workflow for creating pants in Blender? Do you use T pose, A pose for modelling? Do you "Apply as Restpose" and rig the mesh in rest pose? Do you revert rotation before uploading to SL? Do you use sliders to modify the dev kit body?

1. The problem I have with Maitreya dev kit is that the thighs are overlapping. 

I have found a solution to this but I feel like I am not doing it right: I change the HIPS Z axis rotation to 0.1 or -0.1 on both legs, so the thighs dont overlap. I then copy the weighs from meshes and everything looks fine. Until I upload it and I begin to see that the faces on mesh on the inner side of thighs slide upwards. I do select "Use bind pose" in export settings. Do I have to modify the weights so it doesnt slide upwards? Because I have tried and nothing helped.

2. Is there a way to make the thighs in Blender thinner? I found out I can modify the leg muscle slider in "Appareance" tab of Avastar, but it looks kind of weird. Is it possible to make use of this slider and model the pants with edited values? Will it look normal?

I hope I mentioned everything I wanted, I am not sure what else to do ^^

I attached pictures of my export settings and the picture of the mesh. To note I did not modify the weights beyond copying from meshes.

Thank you for any suggestion.

001.png

InkedSnapshot_003_001_LI.jpg

Edited by Naouvoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.