SSP Linden homes? And what will happen....

Sarahbuxso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well first off to my knowledge we don't actually KNOW officially if SSP "is" the new Linden Home area. Many of us THINK it is, but I haven't seen or read anything official.   One of the last town hall meetings (which was awhile ago now) Ebbe said that they were coming along great  --- then, a bit after that there was something that had me thinking (could ALL be in my head) that they wouldn't appear until the end of Q1 2019 --- and here we are with no homes yet LOL.  So, maybe that was a bad guess.

We CAN see that the SSP land mass has been worked on a lot lately with plenty of moles (presumably) and Patch (also presumably as we can't SEE who those green dots are) adding more and new styles of houses and plenty of flora. 

We also don't know if the new 1024 Linden Homes will be available to the EXISTING Premium level tier OR if the the introduction of the new tier structure (not talked about lately that I have seen) will be announced at the same time. Personally, it is my hunch (no official info at all) that the super looking SSP houses (again presumably Linden Homes) will take a higher premium level than the "own a 1024 lot or an old Linden Home.   So if THAT is true, then some folks would just stay where they are in order to keep costs the same. 

Now IF the new Linden Homes (SSP?) were to be EQUAL to the current premium bonus I would expect a landslide of house swapping. But while there are lots of houses on the new continent (and boat docks and apparently rezzers) they don't equal the HUGE amount of 512 Linden Homes; another bit of my though processes on premium level structures and the new homes. 

So we'll see. 

Many of us have been watching for a long time. I don't NEED a home and I am not Premium (there is a reason there but would just muddy the waters on this thread), but IF what Patch has been teasing us with ARE pictures of the new Linden Homes then they look really good IMO. 

Personally I would not be buying any land right now if I was worried about reselling. Some folks are; some not. I typically make a profit on land sales and I like to keep it that way :D.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

On page 14 of 

Patch said, "Who said anything about just 1024sqm parcels?"

So that led me to believe there will be 1024s but also larger parcels. Remember they talked about sliding scale premium accounts. So I'm guessing we'll see differing sized parcels to accommodate those new premium levels. All guesses you know .. but interesting to speculate.

48 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Patch said, "Who said anything about just 1024sqm parcels?"

So that led me to believe there will be 1024s but also larger parcels. Remember they talked about sliding scale premium accounts. So I'm guessing we'll see differing sized parcels to accommodate those new premium levels. All guesses you know .. but interesting to speculate.

Agreed but when you look at the houses I don't see a lot of difference in "lot" size. Ebbe in a Town Hall said something about different folks might want different sizes (I don't think it was clear -- at least to me -- if that meant houses or lots). There are certainly seemingly different sizes of houses (pretty tiny dark ones which I dreamily decided were "Asian" since they said there would be different styles of neighborhoods) == but to me most of the lots appear more or less the same size. Some bordering "protected land" while others boarder roads and walkways. 

1091983673_ssplots.jpg.07d66a470477809743e49c68a74da5c7.jpg

@Blush Bravin   Added screenshot. Plenty of buffer -- just like the 512 houses.  

There is a lot of empty land of course so maybe some of those parts could be larger.  Hard to tell really. Maybe we will know "soon" :D.    

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Why can't the mainland be cleaned up to be more appealing?  I'm not thrilled with my Linden home or the small parcel and would consider purchasing mainland if it wasn't such a mess.  I would also love to see LL buy out some of the amazingly created sims that have been lost due to the owners inability to continue to absorb the high land prices or because the owner is just no longer available to maintain it for whatever reason (death, illness, etc). An example of this might be Calas. I know both owners have experienced illness in recent years. The group of Calas sims are some of the nicest in SL and I would truly hate to see them gone. (I know, I've mixed two topics - sorry!!)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, VirtuallyChic said:

Why can't the mainland be cleaned up to be more appealing?

I agree that a Mainland 2.0 would be great.

It is several threads here about the new homes, and at least one place I read that LL will not kill the market for private estates, by making mainland so pretty that it kills private estates.

I wrote somewhere - sorry, I lost count of my posts - that instead of a Linden home, I would like to have land without a house, in the same beautified landscape as LL has made around the new homes.

Maybe there will be possibilities for that too. It is talk about new pricing for Premium. A motivation for sliding premium pricing could be more LI and land. Many people make alts premium, so they can form a group and have more land. This was annoying when shopping for land. It is pointless to have 10% more land if I can't buy land that meet the sizes for a group. Instead of paying 2 x 72 USD, perhaps it will be possible to pay 99 USD so one single avatar can hold 2048 on land that looks like the new continent, just without houses.

Edited by Marianne Little
adding 99

1 hour ago, VirtuallyChic said:

Why can't the mainland be cleaned up to be more appealing?  I'm not thrilled with my Linden home or the small parcel and would consider purchasing mainland if it wasn't such a mess.  I would also love to see LL buy out some of the amazingly created sims that have been lost due to the owners inability to continue to absorb the high land prices or because the owner is just no longer available to maintain it for whatever reason (death, illness, etc). An example of this might be Calas. I know both owners have experienced illness in recent years. The group of Calas sims are some of the nicest in SL and I would truly hate to see them gone. (I know, I've mixed two topics - sorry!!)

they have resurrected several sims in the past..

2 hours ago, VirtuallyChic said:

There are already beautiful areas on the mainland depending where you look. The mainlands are nothing like the old days.

Latest update from Patch Linden and Grumpity Linden at VWBPE 2019 yesterday on the Linden Homes project. 

• The continent will grow in time, it will get bigger (phrase 1 < current and phrase 2 coming later)
  • More home styles planned
  • Water pathways, continent connections and spaces for flying planned 

VWBPE19 (Above the Book) 

• Skip to 12 minutes to hear more

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

yayy... lets start preparing our orbs   :)  :SwingingFriends:

but more serious... i'm really looking forward at what all will become next to the preview we had

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

but more serious... i'm really looking forward at what all will become next to the preview we had

Yeah... big continent and growing. And not a single TRAIN TRACK in sight. ~booo~ 

BUT, it is wonderful that @Patch Linden specifically mentioned sail space, flying space, and waterways to connect the continents (which has request threads in these forums going back years,) and lotsa-lotsa roads!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Yeah... big continent and growing. And not a single TRAIN TRACK in sight. ~booo~ 

BUT, it is wonderful that @Patch Linden specifically mentioned sail space, flying space, and waterways to connect the continents (which has request threads in these forums going back years,) and lotsa-lotsa roads!

I'm sure train tracks will arrive at some point. Still very early days. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I'm sure train tracks will arrive at some point. Still very early days. 

One can hope. But I'm a real pessimist. If it never happens I'll get pretty much what I expect. If it does happen I'll be very pleasantly surprised! To me that glass is not only not half-full, it's near empty. LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

One can hope. But I'm a real pessimist. If it never happens I'll get pretty much what I expect. If it does happen I'll be very pleasantly surprised! To me that glass is not only not half-full, it's near empty. LOL

Sansara and Hetreocea are IMHO the only mainland continents with a noteable railroad... at best a railway viaduct spanning the ANWR channel would make sense - there simply are no other railroads to connect.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Sansara and Hetreocea are IMHO the only mainland continents with a noteable railroad... at best a railway viaduct spanning the ANWR channel would make sense - there simply are no other railroads to connect.

I'm not asking them to connect anything. But it would be awesome if (eventually) the different community areas (of SSP) were eventually connected by road through some kind of link (think "highway" between communities). So having a railroad the wanders throughout SSP would be awesome, too. The Atoll railroad if fun, but it's also somewhat mundane - the only interesting part of it is the eastern half of the continent and that's mostly because of the shape of the continent (one can only do so much with it).

Again, as with the roads idea connecting the communities, a railroad that also does this would make things very interesting. :D And I reiterate: self-contained within the continent.

Edited by Alyona Su

In Inara Pey's blog post of March 15th, on Linden Homes, she indicates that as occupancy in the new Linden Homes goes up, the old Linden Homes (and the continents they are on) will be removed, and those who are still in the old Linden Homes will be encouraged to move (I hope before they remove the continents). 

I'm wondering if people who are currently occupying the old Linden Homes will be given priority for the new Linden Homes? I'm also worried that some of the nicer features of the old Linden Homes Communities might not be retained or transferred (things like the lovely Stone Dragon, or The Temple to the Mole Gods).

templeofthemolegods_001.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufferta said:

I'm wondering if people who are currently occupying the old Linden Homes will be given priority for the new Linden Homes?

I have not seen or heard that voiced anywhere so I suspect that they will have the same "lottery" system as everyone else. Ebbe did say that eventually the old homes would go away and people still there would have the choice to move to the new homes or just move out. I am SURE they will be given plenty of notice and worst case scenario their furnishings would be returned to  Lost and Found folder. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.