Got a message to give permission to take L's from my account

Bobby Rydell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Bought Capri Pants #1 - black from affiliate vendor NOHO on MP. From ana lorena reyes ( SayeenLory) when I opened package got notice to allow this person to take L's from my account. Without  reading it I clicked allow. After realizing my error I promptly deleted and purged the items from my inventory. I reported it to SL. And transferred most of my L's to my alt. Can this person now access my Lindens?  This is the address on MP - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Affiliate-Vendor-NOHO-Capri-Pants-1-black/13626092

Edited by Bobby Rydell
made bolder
  • Confused 1

5 answers to this question

No, this person can NOT access your Lindens. You have removed the object which asked you for permission to take money from your account, this permission only applied to that single object. It is not, and I repeat it is NOT a blanket permission. You are safe now and you can move your money from your alt back to your main avie.

Now, as for the object you bought. It is an affiliate vendor. This is a vendor which allows you to sell the items on behalf of the creator and receive a percentage of the proceeds of each sale if they are made through that vendor.  If you owned a store, you would place this affiliate vendor in your store so people could buy those pants there.
In the case of this affiliate vendor, it would be a rather generous 50% according to the marketplace listing, most affiliate vendors which I even used would only give you a 10% share or less.

So what happened was that you mistakenly did not buy yourself a pair of pants but a vendor. Vendors need permission from their owner to take money from their account, in order to pay customers back (in rare cases) or to give a cut of each sale to someone else.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

EDIT: These are the pants you intended to buy: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/noho-Mesh-Capri-Pants-1-box-black/13612311
And this is the vendor you actually bought: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Affiliate-Vendor-NOHO-Capri-Pants-1-black/13626092

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Rydell said:

Bought (an) affiliate vendor 

I opened package got notice to allow this person to take L's from my account

I reported it to SL.

As it's an affiliate vendor, I think you should send a message to the Lab and unreport it so that person doesn't get into trouble from your mistake.

You should also remove your name and shame, that's against forum rules and can see your account sanctioned.

Edited by Shudo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

the seller should explain

OP didn't post the right name .. it's : Affiliate Vendor [NOHO] - Capri Pants #1 - black

in the description:

NOHO Affiliate VENDOR
• Just start your own business now !

*ready to rezz!
* You get 50% commission of each sale made thought your vendors
*These are low lag Casper Vendors(1 script) single vendors

* Use only the official logo you get with the package.
* You get the 50% of each sale made via your vendors.
*You understand that the vendors will not give you a commission for purchases you yourself make. (A feature, built into the vendors, to prevent customers from getting the program just for the discount).

If you need help , please IM

Perhaps indeed the seller could have told a bit more, but buying things without knowing what it is can't be prevented even by 5 pages of info. Affiliate Vendor ... pretty clear what the item is.

30 minutes ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

Who wants to bet the buyers thought they were being clever and getting super cheap capri pants?!

my bet would be they didn't read any description at all.

1 minute ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Perhaps indeed the seller could have told a bit more, but buying things without knowing what it is can't be prevented even by 5 pages of info. Affiliate Vendor ... pretty clear what the item is.

my bet would be they didn't read any description at all.

yup, very likely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.