(Discussion) What type of roleplaying do you prefer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That is if you roleplay at all.

I know it's not for everyone but I really do think there is a lot of fun to be had if you are open to it and find what works for you. Some like family rp, fantasy rp, and of course erp. What do you like?

For my own answer, I've dabbled into animal roleplaying and have even donned a toddledoo avatar but neither felt right to me and got boring very quickly. The only thing that has stuck around and provided me with continuous entertainment is my robot rp. It's funny that it feels more freeing and natural to play as a metal and wires AI system learning about the world with a hungry, endlessly information seeking RAM (in lieu of a brain) and no sense of human propriety. It really lends itself to some cool and unique situations if I find the right people to play along. For me, it's far more enjoyable being a robot than playing a flesh and blood creature. 

Looooong time ago that I last did roleplay in SL (well, not counting certain roleplay with my partner...)

It was in a sci-fi/cyberpunk setting, a city sim (Suffugium). What I enjoyed about it was that it was very light, not everyone was Uber Lord Worlddestroyer the Second, or Lady Ultra mega slayer of evil, and hey. yet another holier than thou grand knight. If you know what I mean :)

I like a roleplay setting where people RP common folks in a interesting setting, can be sci-fi, fantasy, whatever (not just modern day urban)

Have tried it a few times since, but never found anything I liked. Am a bit of a Star Wars geek so tried some of those sims too, but when the commander of the Imperial Guard is walking around with super sized boobs in a latex uniform, and everyone else is either a Jedi or Sith, it kinda kills the mood.

• Like 1

It's not really role-play (cause I am lousy at role-play) but Bitsy has a sort of evolving backstory (including her name) which started outside of SL. It's just an extension of my RL sense of humour, albeit with extra props and visual representation. The RL friend I followed into SL shares my love of non-sequiturs and recontextualisation so that sort of repartee fit in quite well in this world where you can be anything, including a time traveling antiquities restorer and fish wrangler with a Japanese steampunk pirate skyship. It all makes complete and utter sense, I promise :D

8566215_underwaterseabiscuit4_001.thumb.png.058c010b8ab88d7168a45fb0e9ff3bd8.png

I intially started off doing modern/family RP as a kid avi but quickly found the actual RP to be lacking since most modern RP sims are just community living and mostly empty. 

I currently enjoy roleplaying on medieval/fantasy sims at the moment and have 1 character (an elven boy), roleplaying on Elven Quest, and another, an orc, roleplaying on Chronicles of Lynnea.

In terms of style, I do enjoy para RP but keep my posts strictly to what my characters says or does, so if I want to convey how they're feeling or what they might be thinking, then I give my fellow RPers clues by decribing my character's body language and facial expressions etc. 

It really irks me when RPers talk about things my character couldn't possibly know. 

Edited by brodiak90
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.