Sign in to follow this  
lovemajik Moonshadow

media plug in for the new firestorm 64

Question

5 answers to this question

@lovemajik Moonshadow, try this:

Remove your Firestorm installation and all associated files (except caches, log files, and backups).  Detailed instructions on doing a clean wipe and install are here: https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_install

Next, disable your antivirus program(s) and close any other running programs.

Install Firestorm.  Do not click "yes" at the final prompt, "Run viewer now?"

Try starting the viewer from your desktop or start menu shortcut.

If it runs all right now, re-enable your antivirus program and white-list Firestorm.

I did the clean install and it still is not downloading. I am paying for a prem account and haven't been able to log on or stay on no longer that 30 mins a day. I need the media player link

@CarolynBrown1,

What do you mean "it is still not downloading"?  If you have viewer software and can log on (even for a short time), the viewer obviously downloaded and installed!  What error message are you getting, and when are you getting it?  What computer system are you using?  Please look in Help/About Firestorm, copy and paste the information about your system you find there, and paste it into your forum post.

the error message I am getting missing media _plugin_cef and it happens when I try and log on. Hp Phoenix firestorm. the same one I have been using since I joined sl

media_plugin_cef is part of the Chromium Embedded Framework (thus the 'cef') that all the SL viewers now use. It's installed along with the viewer, but it's possible that your antivirus software mistook it for malware and got rid of it. Check out this page https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/antivirus_whitelisting  to get around the problem.

I also invoke the name of @Whirly Fizzle since she knows far more than I do about this sort of thing.

• Like 1