apprently time dependent login problems

Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday about noon SLT I was logged out of SL and could not log back in with my main account - my alts worked just fine. I thought I was able to fix it 4 hours later but today I experience the same... any idea what can cause this?
I have a huge inventory but that never was an issue in the past outside DDOS times so I'm confused now.

UPDATE: I seem to suffer from 10% package loss when pinging www.secondlife.com compared to 0% when pinging Google's 8.8.8.8 - can that be the problem?

Edited by Fionalein

10% packet loss is nearly like you cut your wire  :) .. thats really bad and sl wil certainly not like that.
Perhaps restarting your router/modem is what you can do, but often it's a issue at your ISP side or further away.

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

10% packet loss is nearly like you cut your wire  :) .. thats really bad and sl wil certainly not like that.
Perhaps restarting your router/modem is what you can do, but often it's a issue at your ISP side or further away.

Another thread in German subforums showed several Germans also using Germany's biggest ISP were affected. Seems sorted by now. *crosses fingers*

10% packet loss is huge. Disconnection from SL is a problem with that much loss.

Our routers are now the access point of our computer, phones, tablets, TV's, and Alexia similar devices. If your router is not password secured, you may have neighbors and passers-by using your connection. So, you may need to look beyond just the computer. Routers/gateways be can overloaded. SL Viewers use a large number of connections so that is when it shows up.

Your router manual will tell you how to see how many devices are connected to it. Figuring out if it is all your stuff gets complicated. Rather than slog that road, make sure you have some form of encryption and a password protecting your router/gateway. All you need is built into the router.

Routers live about 5 years then start to have problems. Not all, but lots.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.