You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In features you can make an object create light, I have been trying for some time to find a way to control the light so that it doesn't go through objects (i.e. Floors if it's a ceiling light, walls if it's a street light, and even cove lights which are only supposed to light up the side of wall they are directed at.) I've been playing for almost 12 years and I never looked to deep into it because traditionally we used glow and a secondary object with a gradient or shadow texture. In hopes of finding a better solution I was told to post here and I hope y'all can help or at the very least tell me there really is no way to control the light function and I will start learning to bake multiple textures(light on & light off)

Sorry.  Light still behave the way it always has.  It shines through everything. Now, if you use a projected light instead of simply using PRIM_POINT_LIGHT, at least it only shines one way along the Z axis instead of shining in all directions.  If that's good enough for you, at least it keeps your ceiling light from shining through the floor above it.  It still shines trough whatever you point it at, though.  The only way to avoid that is to keep the range small.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.