Then don't do ***** to get laughed at, 100 lindens is beyond insulting- save the peanuts for chimps at the zoo not working women!

I don't even give begging, homeless people on the street 40 damn cents! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MoiraOBusty said:

Then don't do ***** to get laughed at, 100 lindens is beyond insulting- save the peanuts for chimps at the zoo not working women!

I don't even give begging, homeless people on the street 40 damn cents! 

I can never help converting the amounts into RL and thinking how insulting they still are. I earned more as an RL student toilet cleaner than the standard market rates on SL, and I didn't have to waste any time touting for business without earning.

I think this might be one reason why the "be paid for sex" kink never really did it for me. There are numerous RL reasons, which I won't bore anyone with, but there's also the problem that I always imagine what this amount of cash would actually come to and still feel a bit offended. £5,000 a night? That's half of my aunt's loft extension. That's what I'm worth, half a loft extension that I don't even like very much. Thanks. 

I don't even know why I find this insulting because it's not as though I'm Anne Hathaway in RL more like Ann Widdecombe, without the politics. There's really no reason for it. Still, half a crap loft extension. Even a full crap loft extension. I think I'd rather just fling it around for free with people who are going to take trouble to make me enjoy the experience.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I can never help converting the amounts into RL and thinking how insulting they still are. I earned more as an RL student toilet cleaner than the standard market rates on SL, and I didn't have to waste any time touting for business without earning.

yes.  Any kind of interactive person-to-person(s) service is under valued in SL. Theatre, club and live music performers have the same issue. The time:value ratio in the RL is a lot higher. And we do have to deal with this when performing these services in SL.  Most people who are serious about this use SL as a channel to their RL provided service. Their jasmins, their gigs, their music recordings, theatre booking office, etc

a howto deal with it:

random patron: hi doll, how much ?
professional: 25,000L$ for 30 minutes
random patron: i only have 100L
professional: that's ok babe, connect with me again when you are in better position
random patron: you sure?
professional: yes I am sure
random patron: damn!
professional: alright then. You have a good rest of your evening
random patron: before I go what would I get for 25,000?
professional: a link to my jasmin. We can do it on there and on here at the same time
random patron: what about SL voice only ?
professional: well you are not going that for 1OOL unless you get really lucky and find some lady who is doing it on here for fun
random patron: where would I find them ?
professional: I will drop some LMs on you to help get you started
random patron: thanks!
professional: you welcome. I have to go now. You take care and be happy
random patron: you too. Thanks for your help! You are nice
professional: thank you! ciao! bye for now

Edited by Mollymews
patr