Picture Group?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I joined the flickr group but not the inworld group because my groups are maxed out. Besides it's unlikely that I will be able to be in the pictures, I just want to see them. Think of me as part of the audience, or a cheer leader maybe.

• Like 4

On 3/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, Ginger Shostakovich said:

Those Hawkgirl / Superhero posts in the other thread made me think - what about themed photo shoots of some sort? 

I love this idea! Maybe like a monthly prompt or something to get the creative juices flowing?

Super excited to join this group! Doing it right now!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for joining/supporting already! Very excited about it. Been a little busy this week, but weekend is coming, so some free time to actually get stuff done!

As said before, I'm a real noob to moderating and stuff, and all help is welcome. Would like to add some moderators to both the SL as Flickr group too.

Any suggestions for the SL group titles? Owner/Officer/Member is so non creative ;)

And is there a way to tun off the bold font when typing in group chat as group owner?? Feels like I'm yelling in there all the time... 

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CheriColette said:

someone was calling 'forum angels' in photos. I dont know if this is a title already but I like it.

Yeah I set up the Forum Angels group soon after the first meeting with Tati and Tali. We have a range of members but we haven't made best use of it so far!!

That title isn't exclusive to the group and we can use it wider if that's what people want! :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

And is there a way to tun off the bold font when typing in group chat as group owner?? Feels like I'm yelling in there all the time... 

Untick>> 'enable group moderator message highlighting'  in preferences. (If you have FS viewer) 1045726777_chathighlight.JPG.e7f08d227ef819d82e6cc7160375f89d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I just was at a meeting that was completely non interesting I was thinking, it would be nice if anyone finds out about a photo contest as many sims organize, to post them in the Flickr group at the discussions, so we can swarm them.

• Like 5

On 3/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Wally (Waldo) is actually Ishtara Rothschild, in the upper right, and you'd have been four when the picture was taken. Here's the labeled, full resolution image (click on it and zoom to see it full size)...
HippiestockBigLabels.thumb.jpg.09f886476c0eec4f7404f93a9224b05b.jpg

Here's the certificate proving that the entire gang went into orbit on the third last space shuttle flight...
1823956260_HippiestockonSTS-1332.thumb.jpg.c3775e82eed3bdb5f6df7b655cfbeefe.jpg

I argued at the time that the image is no less real than what any of us saw on our screens at Hippiestock, so our avatars got closer to actual space travel than we ever will.

That reminded me of one of the hippistock pictures..hehehe

Wow there are a lot of peoples names I haven't seen in awhile.. I seen Void in there and wildcat and started to think way back..

I love seeing things like that :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 2:20 AM, CheriColette said:

I did this challenge. Took me x2 days but happy with the result. 

Ohh missed this post. This sounds really fun! Redoing pictures I did in 2007 :)

Kinda did one for the then/now topic, but that was just a half effort quick pic.

And since I'm bumping this post now anyway, if your not yet part of the group yet and love making pics, be sure to join! Its fun and helpful so far!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I came across a good photo hint yesterday, from Le Poppycock. 

In a note card with the pose I had bought, she gave this info:

If you can rez in area, she suggests adding pose (not the box) to pose ball so after you 'sit' on the pose
go to edit mode then you can move yourself and the pose ball around to get the position you want, using the arrows.

I use to hop off and move the pose ball blindly and hop on it again doh!!!  Cant believe I didnt know how to do this.

And she offers FREE POSE BALL MAKER KITS at her store. Instructions included. 
Touch the pose ball and go to content menu
It has a script and a pose already. Just delete the pose and add your own. Rename in description, take to inventory and then use as usual. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/6/2019 at 3:03 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Yay! The group is created!

It took me 30 minutes of trying somewhat fitting names, all to be returned in error of "How dare you! This name already exist". I then decided to just take a word that is representative, google the Latin translation for it, and us that as name. That way the name is appropriate, and it makes us look smart too!

So the group is now called: Imaginibus

Group ID: a1ef1974-fac4-9862-76c9-1795ad98773a

It translates loosely into "imagewell, my google skills told me so, so good enough for me ;)

The group is free to join. First it will probably be mostly people from here, but feel free to invite friends and like minded individuals as well! I have also set up a Flickr Group with the same name you can find here. This group needs invite/ask for joining, so we can keep it for just the members of the SL Group and prevent unrelated photo spam. (Edit: For now the group is open to join for anyone, to make the start easier!https://www.flickr.com/groups/imaginibus/

I am in no way a pro at managing/moderating stuff like this and might have messed up on certain areas, so feel free to help me out with advise, suggestions or corrections. 

And nowwe have a mission! The group is in need of:

• SL Group Picture
  • Flickr Group Banner
  • Flick Group Icon

So go get out there and make photos for the group, and I will rotate pictures for these functions all the time :)

Have fun!

Thank you @Eva Knoller ... I didn’t even know you guys started this thread until your pisting into the thread today!!!! Amazing effort Zeta... I HAVE TO BE IN YOUR GROUP... please! Btw/ that was not the Tourette’s  Syndrome acting up either. Anywho... yes! Me too. Will look for it in world today. Yay 😀 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Thank you @Eva Knoller ... I didn’t even know you guys started this thread until your pisting into the thread today!!!! Amazing effort Zeta... I HAVE TO BE IN YOUR GROUP... please! Btw/ that was not the Tourette’s  Syndrome acting up either. Anywho... yes! Me too. Will look for it in world today. Yay 😀 

Both the in world as the Flickr group mentioned somewhere up here are open/free to join, so feel free to join :)

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, CheriColette said:

I came across a good photo hint yesterday, from Le Poppycock. 

In a note card with the pose I had bought, she gave this info:

If you can rez in area, she suggests adding pose (not the box) to pose ball so after you 'sit' on the pose
go to edit mode then you can move yourself and the pose ball around to get the position you want, using the arrows.

I use to hop off and move the pose ball blindly and hop on it again doh!!!  Cant believe I didnt know how to do this.

And she offers FREE POSE BALL MAKER KITS at her store. Instructions included. 
Touch the pose ball and go to content menu
It has a script and a pose already. Just delete the pose and add your own. Rename in description, take to inventory and then use as usual. 

Thank you for this info, Cheri. I just got her pose ball maker and it is going to make things so much easier! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.