Picture Group?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Not sure about Wally, but I can see MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

(*jumps up and down excitedly because, yeah, I'm really like 12 years old*)

So there are celebrities in that photo?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Not sure about Wally, but I can see MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

(*jumps up and down excitedly because, yeah, I'm really like 12 years old*)

Wally (Waldo) is actually Ishtara Rothschild, in the upper right, and you'd have been four when the picture was taken. Here's the labeled, full resolution image (click on it and zoom to see it full size)...
HippiestockBigLabels.thumb.jpg.09f886476c0eec4f7404f93a9224b05b.jpg

Here's the certificate proving that the entire gang went into orbit on the third last space shuttle flight...
1823956260_HippiestockonSTS-1332.thumb.jpg.c3775e82eed3bdb5f6df7b655cfbeefe.jpg

I argued at the time that the image is no less real than what any of us saw on our screens at Hippiestock, so our avatars got closer to actual space travel than we ever will.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 12

Yay! The group is created!

It took me 30 minutes of trying somewhat fitting names, all to be returned in error of "How dare you! This name already exist". I then decided to just take a word that is representative, google the Latin translation for it, and us that as name. That way the name is appropriate, and it makes us look smart too!

So the group is now called: Imaginibus

Group ID: a1ef1974-fac4-9862-76c9-1795ad98773a

It translates loosely into "imagewell, my google skills told me so, so good enough for me ;)

The group is free to join. First it will probably be mostly people from here, but feel free to invite friends and like minded individuals as well! I have also set up a Flickr Group with the same name you can find here. This group needs invite/ask for joining, so we can keep it for just the members of the SL Group and prevent unrelated photo spam. (Edit: For now the group is open to join for anyone, to make the start easier!https://www.flickr.com/groups/imaginibus/

I am in no way a pro at managing/moderating stuff like this and might have messed up on certain areas, so feel free to help me out with advise, suggestions or corrections. 

And nowwe have a mission! The group is in need of:

• SL Group Picture
  • Flickr Group Banner
  • Flick Group Icon

So go get out there and make photos for the group, and I will rotate pictures for these functions all the time :)

Have fun!

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
Fixed link
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:05 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

On 3/5/2019 at 4:07 PM, Eva Knoller said:

On 3/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, paragonfanfare said:

On 3/5/2019 at 7:01 PM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

On 3/5/2019 at 7:08 PM, Ginger Shostakovich said:

On 3/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, Talligurl said:

On 3/5/2019 at 7:29 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

On 3/5/2019 at 8:02 PM, DemeraraGirl said:

On 3/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, CharlotteStargazer said:

On 3/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, Bree Giffen said:

On 3/5/2019 at 10:55 PM, AyelaNewLife said:

12 hours ago, CheriColette said:

12 hours ago, BelindaN said:

11 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

6 hours ago, Ginger Shostakovich said:

6 hours ago, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

6 hours ago, Kotelle said:

5 hours ago, janetosilio said:

5 hours ago, anniepany said:

Just quoting everyone who showed interest to make sure the messages gets trough :) The group was created, see my post above!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

I cant get to the flickr page

message is:   

This page is private.
Oops! You don't have permission to view this page.

Here's a link back to your home page.

Thanks! I mistakenly included \admin behind the link

Fixed now!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

I had a hard time finding it at first, too. I just looked up the group in Zeta's profile and joined from there

Edit: Just properly read the post.  Oops. Haven't looked at the Flickr group yet *redface*

Thanks...found it :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Thanks! I mistakenly included \admin behind the link

Fixed now!

Good and i found my way and asked to join

Unlike Charlotte lol, I have flickr (funny girl)

Edited by CheriColette
PS ..will join inworld when I can get there
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

^.^? Go on, I dares ya! YES it is awesome fun. ^_^ It's not too hard to imagine the nefarious culprit responsible for this SL gem of years gone by. Le fora shrunk this down. The original is 6016 x 3066 pixels & 3.71mb in size. (not sure of the amount of compression that is applied to the .jpg as I did not create the final image and I am too tired to open it in an editor atmo). 

image.thumb.png.e99a87ecc6c50599d83af32fc6ad2c18.png

Encircled redhead in the top row is me, below with the white hair is my first av and just behind and to the left of her is Maddie.  I used to know a lot more names but time yada yada yada...

I think that Maddie is also the L in the love pose, or could one of them be Snugs? Oh! Looks like I mis-remembered Maddie beside me, it was really Dillon.

Edited by kali Wylder
ETA that's Torley in my first av's lap

9 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Encircled redhead in the top row is me, below with the white hair is my first av and just behind and to the left of her is Maddie.  I used to know a lot more names but time yada yada yada...

I think that Maddie is also the L in the love pose, or could one of them be Snugs? Oh! Looks like I mis-remembered Maddie beside me, it was really Dillon.

Great sharing Kali...happy times.

1 minute ago, CheriColette said:

Great sharing Kali...happy times.

yeah, they were.... I have a copy of that picture in my shack at the Junkyard.  It take up an entire wall. I just noticed another of my alts behind my first av, labeled Kat's alt cuz Katt was the main av back then and we didn't know then that Kali was going to become the main me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Argus is in the image twice. 

Anyone wanting to know who's who in the big Hippiestock picture should refer back to the copy I posted earlier in the thread, it's got everybody's name in it.

There are over 110 people in the image, but only 30 or so of them were in the initial pose. I purposely left a lot of open space so I could add people who'd attended at other times, or were unable to attend but wished to be included in the big family. The entire photoshopping effort was spread across two months, with people stopping by Maryanne's place to pose on a white screen so I could later slip them into the big picture. People were also able to submit selfies to me.

Argus was the E in LOVE (yes, I'm the L), but wanted to included her hubby, Farrokh. He was intertwined with her in the selfie she gave me and I was too pressed for time (or too lazy) to extricate him, so she ended up in the picture twice.

Snugs is in the upper left, being held aloft by Tolya Ugajin. Hippie is just to the left of me.

Our Lady of Perpetual Silence is a mysterious avatar that became the focus of an entire thread around that time. I took the liberty of adding her.

Torley did not actually attend, but he enthusiastically offered up his likeness for insertion.

I don't think any of use would have predicted Hippiestock would still be going eight years later. We can all thank Hippie for that.

Around that same time, we also did a composite picture of dozens of forumites attending church, which I turned into an animated photo in-world, where people popped into the picture over time.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

There are over 110 people in the image, but only 30 or so of them were in the initial pose. I purposely left a lot of open space so I could add people who'd attended at other times, or were unable to attend but wished to be included in the big family. The entire photoshopping effort was spread across two months, with people stopping by Maryanne's place to pose on a white screen so I could later slip them into the big picture. People were also able to submit selfies to me.

I hate how I look in this.

I'll give you a shout when I'm in-world, and we can set up a re-take, ok?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 years ago the Hippiestock image was produced. Wow. o.O What hilarious fun it was to be involved :D

On the topic of Our Lady of perpetual silence... roflz

No amount of coaxing or cajoling could entice her from her trance like state, much to the fascination of forumites of the day lol. Many people tried ever complicated & calculated means of helping her. Alas, she never responded. I undertook a pilgrimage across the whole of SL in an attempt to save her 8-/ What became of her? To this day.... no one knows...... o.0 ‎

Pictures dated: Monday, ‎September ‎26, ‎2011, ‏‎11:39:31 AM

The picture threads then morphed into funny cartoon strips created by Charolette Caxton. Raising the comedy bar to new heights. Fascinating & hilarious times indeed. 

OurLadyofPS3.jpg

OurLadyofPS4.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.