Advice for prize permissions

EveDeLOmbre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm donating a piece of artwork to be auctioned off to raise money for charity in an upcoming event. My question is, what permissions are best for something of this nature? Also, is there an expected permission setup for items of this nature?  I can think of pros and cons for all except obviously copy/trans which would be silly on my part. 

The organisers may have requirements for the auction, best to ask them.

When I donated something for a yard-sale fund-raiser, the choice was no copy/trans or send it to the organiser copy/trans and he put it to copy/no trans when it was set out for sale. I chose the latter because I'd known the organiser for years and trust him and it meant as many people who wanted to buy it could. It's also my standard perms. (In all of this, mod or no mod was creators' choice.)

Artwork at an auction is one of the few times where no copy/trans makes sense to me, cause in the real world that sort of thing is usually a one-off. But then there's the risks of no copy stuff being lost during one of the grid's difficult periods. Maybe a way would be to sell it no copy/trans but allow the purchaser to trade it in for a copy/no trans version if they choose?

A dear friend of mine is an art collector in both lives and he HATES no mod, even when there's a resize script. The scripts don't give enough fine tuning of size for him. I asked him once and unleashed such a formidable rant I will never ask him the question again :)

My preference would be copy/mod/no trans, but I can see no copy/mod/trans for a unique auctioned piece. Bottom line though, is what the event organisers want or recommend.

6 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

My preference would be copy/mod/no trans, but I can see no copy/mod/trans for a unique auctioned piece. Bottom line though, is what the event organisers want or recommend.

Thanks for your reply. The organisers are happy for it to be whichever I want as I'll be the one giving the piece directly to the winner. So although this didn't directly answer my question, you actually did. I've just realised that I can ask the winner! Then there can be no disappointment. Thank you for replying, you helped me see the problem objectively! 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EveDeLOmbre said:

Thanks for your reply. The organisers are happy for it to be whichever I want as I'll be the one giving the piece directly to the winner. So although this didn't directly answer my question, you actually did. I've just realised that I can ask the winner! Then there can be no disappointment. Thank you for replying, you helped me see the problem objectively! 😁

Yay! Good idea :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.