Mens 'urban' fashion...

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

Been having some issue locating 'urban' type trendy fashion for men.  Found a few pieces on MP.  Are there any specific stores?

urban in MP / appearal/ men

22202 matching items found.

Can't imagine there's nothing in it.

• Like 1

The OP is struggling to find urban clothing for men, whereas I see it everywhere I bloody go! It's ubiquitous in SL, and it's getting harder and harder to find good quality menswear that isn't 'urban' in some way or another. (Assuming, of course, that the OP's definition of 'urban' is the same as most others'.)

There are six main menswear events in SL, and most of them are about 60% 'urban' clothing and/or sportswear, 30% decor, 7% accessories/hair, and 3% other stuff. Also - more often than not - the token male item at other events will be something like a sweatshirt, a pair of sneakers, sweatpants, a template t-shirt, or full-body tattoos, etc.

The links below will take you to the Seraphim website pages for each menswear event (or to the relevant website). At the Seraphim page, click the view gallery' link for the most recent entry and you'll see all the items on sale at the event. Links to get there are also included in the posts.

The main menswear events, as at March 2019, are as follows:

THE MENS DEPARTMENT
http://seraphimsl.com/category/recurring-events/monthly/mens-dept-the/

MEN ONLY MONTHLY
http://seraphimsl.com/category/recurring-events/monthly/men-only-monthly/

MAN CAVE
http://seraphimsl.com/category/recurring-events/monthly/man-cave/

HIPSTER MENS EVENT (not just limited to 'hipster' gear)
http://seraphimsl.com/category/recurring-events/monthly/hipster-mens-event/

THE MEN JAIL
http://seraphimsl.com/category/recurring-events/monthly/men-jail-the/

There's also the Signature Event (no gallery available on Seraphim for that) for those using either Signature Gianni or Signature Geralt bodies.

Lastly, there are hundreds of male fashion groups on Flickr. A random sample of three that I'm a member of includes: Male Avatars and Fashion in Second Life, The SL Fashion Guys, and Men's Warehouse. Find an image you like in any of those groups, then start browsing through the other groups that it's been added to, and you'll soon find other stuff that you like.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

most of them are about 60% 'urban' clothing and/or sportswear, 30% decor, 7% accessories/hair, and 3% other stuff.

Hmm, not sure on your numbers Skell.

50% bad static poses
20% recycled tattoos
1% hair (modulus most likely)
10% "boner wear" (riot, noche, cubura and the like and only for 1 body)
10% tracksuits
5% genderless jeans (why they are always genderless beats me)
4% skyboxes/photo backgrounds/furniture.

Edited by Shudo

On 3/3/2019 at 1:58 PM, Ethan Paslong said:

urban in MP / appearal/ men

22202 matching items found.

Can't imagine there's nothing in it.

Ethan...  With all due respect you have replied to a few fashion posts I have but have not given specific helpful info about specific stores.  The reason I posted is because I was seeking help.  If you can help great.  If you can't, don't know or think my question is ignorant then simply don't reply instead of questioning my sanity asking.  To be clear I have looked and was not finding a whole lot.  If you found 22202 matches that is great, I did not find that many.

27 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

Ethan...  With all due respect you have replied to a few fashion posts I have but have not given specific helpful info about specific stores.  The reason I posted is because I was seeking help.  If you can help great.  If you can't, don't know or think my question is ignorant then simply don't reply instead of questioning my sanity asking.  To be clear I have looked and was not finding a whole lot.  If you found 22202 matches that is great, I did not find that many.

I got the exact same result as Ethan.  Just because he didn't handhold you and lead you to the store himself does not mean he hasn't helped or is saying your question is ignorant

c7c74230dcccafd1262b98aac118e615.png

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 1

I'm not really into the whole urban clothing style but, I'm pretty sure if you check out Vale Koer there will be some pieces you can use, as well as Vrsion got some cool clothes and accessories, but be careful because they still have some clothes that just come in "standard sizes" at Vrsion. But generally you should check the seraphim website and stay up to date with events and such, because you might miss out on cool stuff. And maybe you should join a group called L'homme in world, you might get better help in there as it is a male fashion group for a magazine. usually people are really helpful in there.

• 2 weeks later...

@seanmb419 Mills From the Community Guidelines:

Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

This is not the 'Wanted' sub-forum, so it's not the place to promote your own store. While others in here have offered suggestions for multiple stores the OP could try, it's... well, it's a bit tacky at best to jump in and self-promote.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.