Inventory Organizing issues

Anastasia Trefusis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Coming back to SL after a long hiatus, basically all my clothing and many other things are long obsolete. (mesh body now, too high prim count for builds etc)

I'm trying to delete all this old stuff so I can find the few new things I have acquired, but sometimes it's refusing to let me delete a folder? Why is this and how can I work around it?

I'm also putting things I can't bear to part with in boxes so reduce inventory and sometimes it won't let me move the items.

It's sad to delete all these things that I bought but they are a lot of system layers with sculpted prims, so unless SL does away with mesh bodies I won't ever need them again.

My only thought is that you may have forgotten that you can't delete system folders. 

You also cannot delete LIBRARY folders. 

OR perhaps the folders are really full :D.  I would try highlighitng and deleting objects in smaller hunks and see if that works.  

• Like 1

Not system folders. Folders I made with items in, or folders created when you open the box, or receive from a vendor. 

Yeah I guess it's just going to take a looooooong time lol. I've already deleted over 28K but it's slow going. I was at 88K to start. 

I wish you could delete the library. So unnecessary after your first little while in SL.

49 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Have you heard the one about being able to add old system layers to mesh bodies?

It's called Beans on Toast and will be out by the end of 2018.

Someone mentioned that today, unfortunately I deleted all my eyeshadows, lipsticks etc 2 days ago. And the only problem is that all the sculpts for sleeves etc would not work.

I did box up a lot of my old favourites so I can unbox my Zaara and fri.day jeans to wear inside boots etc when the time comes.

I've deleted 54,000+ things in 3 days and it's oddly liberating, while at the same time making me weep for all the many many thousands of lindens I spent on it all.

2 hours ago, Anastasia Trefusis said:

Someone mentioned that today, unfortunately I deleted all my eyeshadows, lipsticks etc 2 days ago. And the only problem is that all the sculpts for sleeves etc would not work.

I did box up a lot of my old favourites so I can unbox my Zaara and fri.day jeans to wear inside boots etc when the time comes.

I've deleted 54,000+ things in 3 days and it's oddly liberating, while at the same time making me weep for all the many many thousands of lindens I spent on it all.

All of us who went fully mesh also went through this and it is natural, after all it is a minor form of grief and so you feel loss.  After a while though, this will fade and purging in this way does feel cleansing as you have noticed.  Welcome to the world of mesh bodies, after a while you will barely remember how hard this was 😃

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.