Deanonymization because of copyright, whats next?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

About an year ago LL changed rules and now they require to know person's real name to just allow him\her upload a mesh. What is next? There are laws that punish for certain expressions in internet - why not use them to deanomyze everybody? It will be much easier for intelligence to spy on us (if it is not already). Why after saying A you will stop and not say B?

SL is changing and is going in wrong direction - it was supposed to be alternative of first life, not some spy nexus. If somebody wants to spy on people or deanonymize them, there are plenty of "reasons" for them. At least without right to upload anything, now anonymous people are treated as lowlifes .

Thanks god I learned it in time (could learn it much earlier, but I was absent) - Better I find some other things to do, instead of playing this abominable game, full of spies

• Haha 5
  • Confused 5

It's necessary for them to know your basic RL information for regulatory purposes (at least I assume so), not to mention SL is a user-created-content-centric platform where accountability is important if not mandatory. I'm sure LL has no intention of leaking anyone's information to any third party under normal non-criminal circumstances.

• Like 3

You agreed to the TOS when you joined SL.  This part of it hasn't changed in all the time I have been in SL. It's probably been there for 16 years now:

4.1 You must establish an account to use certain aspects of the Service, using true and accurate registration information.

Except for certain Software or portions of the Websites which Linden Lab allows users to access without registration, you must establish an Account with Linden Lab to use the Service. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form ("Registration Data") and to use the account management tools provided to keep your Registration Data accurate, current and complete.

• Like 8

How many times are you going to post the same thing, especially within 24 hours? You do realize some of us were awake for your last post, right?

A-It was WELL over  year ago, over 5 even, that this requirement was put into place. No "changing" is taking place, you've just not been paying attention, at all, since you joined.

B-No one is spying on you, no one cares to. If you're doing things that make you this paranoid about "spying", might want to stop doing those things. 

C-Why should everyone but you have to follow rules?

D-This rule is due to real life laws, not some magical thing that LL simply made up to piss you off. If you want to fake outrage, do it where it matters, in rl, and direct it towards those that did and/or do things that require such laws to exist in the first place. Your anger is ridiculously misplaced

Now some are likely to see this as me "being mean", but, it's really not, and it's directly related to the other thread which you already made about this topic and went off in a swearing tangent at us all and LL,  all because you didn't want to give LL your information, and you were claiming this was some new change (see A). I am not being mean, but rather, straight forward, because you're behaving ridiculously about something that LL is, in fact, not responsible for, and you've done it twice in less than 12 hours, lol. I do, however, recommend that you get that paranoia thing looked at, because it is, quite clearly, causing you great distress for no real reason. (and that's not a knock on you, if you're actually this paranoid about "spies", I do think you need to find someone to speak to about it, it's quite unhealthy to live life that terrified of nonexistent things). 

This is for everyone else that might read your rants and think you're actually on to something, or right.....It's not, I can assure you, OP is extremely misguided and my guess is having difficulties in sl now *because he/she gave incorrect info when signing up (as stated) and now can't do what he/she wants to do because the info doesn't match the rl info. Either that, or OP just likes to rant and rave about nonexistent things. No one is spying on us, no one is stealing our info, nothing has really changed in the "info required" arena in quite a long time..and you're all perfectly a-ok. Don't listen to rants like this, they're ridiculously out of touch with, well, everything :) 

Oh and...

images.jpg.a865f4642fbf790fa05fc585ba99a035.jpg

• Like 8

Yes, this is second topic for last 12 hours... But above person "forgot" to mention that previos topic was deleted, as it will happen to this topic, when moderators notice it.  I gave a proof about time when they changed this rule - I advise above person open her eyes and read it carefully.

As for why LL is collecting information about users and what it is doing with it does not matter. What really matters is ARE YOU WILLING TO DEANONIMYZE YOURSELF and allow LL or any intelligence agency, that LL cooperates with spy on you?! And phrases like "nobody spies on us" - are bull*****. Thats what above intelligence agencies usually say, even if they spy on entire nation. And besides if I do not have anything to hide it does not mean I WILL WALK AROUND NUDE. I understand some people simply can not understand this, but I really do not care. 

I gave my warning - so let every person that sees this topic decide what he\she finds more logical and why LL is discriminating free users.

And no way I am going to feed a troll.

Edited by SugarBaby2000
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SugarBaby2000 said:

Oooh and yes, I forgot, my proof was in previous topic, which was deleted by moderators. So I am posting proof again: https://modemworld.me/2017/05/23/second-life-mesh-upload-prerequisites-revised/

Let some trolls look at date and then shut up!

I looked at the date. Did you look at the line that said people had to provide payment information back when mesh was first introduced?

• Like 4

Theresa Tennyson,

I do not know what was when meshes were first introduced, but about 2 years ago my old avatars (deleted now) got permission to upload meshes just by answering some questions. No payment info was necessary by then. And now they ask bank account details for that! It is much more than just name and surname - they get much more details about you trough banks, skrill or paypall. Why they need that? For me it is apparent.

Edited by SugarBaby2000
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SugarBaby2000 said:

Oooh and yes, I forgot, my proof was in previous topic, which was deleted by moderators. So I am posting proof again: https://modemworld.me/2017/05/23/second-life-mesh-upload-prerequisites-revised/

Let some trolls, telling it was 5 years or more, look at date and then shut up!

you didn't even read your own proof ... read the bold underlined OLD situation... so PRE 2017

When mesh content was being introduced to Second Life, linden Lab implemented a “gate” on people’s ability to upload mesh models to both Agni (the Main grid) and Aditi (the Beta grid).

In both cases, anyone wishing to upload mesh had to:

• Provide payment information to Linden Lab
  • Complete a mesh intellectual property rights tutorial / questionnaire.

This has now been streamlined so that all someone who wishes to upload mesh needs to do is

• Provide payment information to Linden Lab
  • Confirm they have read / agree to Linden Lab’s Terms of Service and Intellectual Property Policy, and acknowledge they may be subject to Linden Lab’s removal procedures should you fail to comply with these policies.

so yes

17 minutes ago, SugarBaby2000 said:

look at date and then shut up!

sounds ok ... for you.

mesh introduced ..2012: wiki page was last modified on 10 December 2012, at 03:34.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Basics

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Can I haz yer stuffs?

can't be a lot if she didn't register before her uploads  :) ... however.. the name might suggest a SD involved somewhere... think the pink lace will look cute on you :)

• Haha 4

Lmao, me, a troll...oh dear lord, I wouldn't even be a good troll. Thanks for that laugh, I really needed it.

Your previous thread was deleted because you were acting like a lunatic and swearing left and right, at us, and LL, and throwing verbal temper tantrums. If you want to actually discuss the topic, do so like an adult and not a teenager that got their internet taken away who is stuck in "the sky is falling" mentality. Some people might actually agree with you, on principle, about information that is required for mesh uploads. Many probably won't, but at least it can be discussed in a manner that won't get the topic deleted. As for me, yes I am willing to let LL know who I am, in fact, they already do, and have for, hmm, over a decade now. *I* don't have a problem with it. If *you* do, than don't participate in anything that requires you to not be anonymous-like uploading mesh, it' really that simple. You're really being ridiculous, you're not the first, won't be the last, but you're not helping your cause whatsoever. 

Two years ago, your av required payment info as well, you are remembering things completely wrong. This is absolutely NOT something new, it's been in place for years, apparently far more than you realize. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SugarBaby2000 said:

Theresa Tennyson,

I do not know what was when meshes were first introduced, but about 2 years ago my old avatars (deleted now) got permission to upload meshes just by answering some questions. No payment info was necessary by then. And now they ask bank account details for that! It is much more than just name and surname - they get much more details about you trough banks, skrill or paypall. Why they need that? For me it is apparent.

Meanwhile, according to your profile you already have payment information on file.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ethan Paslong,

As I said in my last, my another av got permission to upload mesh only by answering some questionnaire. No payment info was ever asked! Now they ask for payment info and not only they require payment info, but also some bank details too. In case paypal they ask my personality to be confirmed by bank! 

If this is acceptable by you, I simply do not care.

• Haha 1

Ethan Paslong,

As I said in my last, my another av got permission to upload mesh only by answering some questionnaire. No payment info was ever asked! Now they ask for payment info and not only they require payment info, but also some bank details too. In case paypal they ask my personality to be confirmed by bank! 

If this is acceptable by you, I simply do not care.

Nope, you're wrong, plain and simple. Paypal has required bank information to verify people for, gosh, at least 15 years now. Why are you making things up? Why can't you discuss the topic, and how much it bothers you that companies want to know you're a real person and not trying to commit fraud? It IS an interesting topic, even if others don't agree with you, or at least, it can be. It can also be quite informative. You don't need the theatrics. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Theresa Tennyson,

Yes, now I have payment information on file, because I had to give those bastards my card number, but this is last what they will get from me! I will delete this account tomorrow, after I finish some transactions. Let this damned game continue decline to oblivion. More people they will upset, quicker they will get there. 

Tari Landar

I have paypal account. I added my credit card to paypal account and LL says it is not enough - bank should verify it! 

Edited by SugarBaby2000
  • Haha 2

More people they will upset, quicker they will get there. 

for now you'r the only one here thats upset... been long time ago i seen somebody this hysterical  upset and not able to be reasonable about a protection thats here for all creators, users ánd LL.

• Like 6

Since proof is often required, and quite helpful....

Wanna keep making things up as you go along? Read the date, the very first post...

Also, the bank requirement has also been in place, both with paypal (to VERIFY) and with SL (and plenty of other things one can connect to paypal) for, again, over a decade, lol. This, too, is not something new. 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 5

Grow up, do you have a Facebook, do you have a Instagram, have you signed up with YouTube, do you have an email, were you on MySpace, do you eBay, do you PayPal...your real name is everywhere on the internet and your crying about linden labs waning to know it. 

I created a new alt for a store recently and the only relation to real life info was having to register a bank a"card or PayPal and here's a news flash...you have always had to register payment for as long back as I can remember. If you don't like it then feel free to log out of SL and go build with lego.

Your previous thread wasn't deleted because of the topic, it was deleted because you threw a tantrum and insulted people and I'm willing to bet money there is a community warning in your inbox over it explaining that. We al have to agree to the TOS, even if we don't agree with parts of it. If you can't agree...then...legos...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SugarBaby2000 said:

I do not know what was when meshes were first introduced

I purchased my first mesh hair and outfit in 2012. Seven years ago.

40 minutes ago, SugarBaby2000 said:

previos topic was deleted, as it will happen to this topic, when moderators notice it.

31 minutes ago, SugarBaby2000 said:

my proof was in previous topic, which was deleted by moderators. So I am posting proof again

From the Community Guidelines:

Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
  • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.