Whenever I fly for more than around twenty seconds constantly, my game crashes.

Mugabuga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After flying for a while, when I let go of the button, my character keeps flying. If I click the "stop flying" button, he keeps flying. Eventually he stops, and then I fall to the ground. However, sometimes it crashes. What's happening?

6 answers to this question

Sounds like you are flying across sim walls. You need to be careful when crossing from one sim to another, especially when its very laggy. Ideally stop pressing all buttons after you cross and wait until your avatar has been properley handed over to the new sim before attempting to move again.

Wearing lots of scripted attachments can also cause delays in handing over from one sim to another in the same way as they affect teleporting.

Possible causes:

1)The region you are has lag especially when you need to click stop flying 2-3 times to work eventually

2)If you use an AO maybe it has a malfunction. Better to turn it off when you fly

3)You use a script for super fly or speed, so its difficult to realize where exactly you are, so often you get out of the sim's limits and you crash.

You can have your minimap open on your screen, but I find the easiest way is to keep an eye on your coordinates.

If you right-click your navigation bar at the top of screen and make sure you have "show coordinates" enabled, just keep an eye on the first 2 numbers, when you are flying.

If either one of them gets to 0 or 256 you are at a sim wall.

This sounds most likely to be sim crossings, but it can happen that the avatar keeps moving on its own if there are connection issues. In case of packet loss, the mini map will flash in a redish color and not display in the usual gray/brownish color.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.