Long time no see.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a fairly long term Second Life resident-user. I started on December 22, 2003. I still had time to get one of the early deals, it's been so long I can't remember, but I think it might have 4192 sm of land and a permanent income of L$500 or something like that. I had no idea I'd stay for as long as did, and money was really tight, so I passed on that offer. 

Later I was spending over 40 hours a week in SL, on top of an over 40 hour a week job, plus some kids! 

When I started, The Morris Ahern boardwalk was just that, the sandbox sims' names didn't start with Sandbox, and Cordova was the only complete sandbox sim, if memory serves. There was a sandbox area in Morris, and you'd head south from Morris and go past the vehicle sims after a while and get down to Cordova.  There was a little amphitheater and stage called Stage IV, if memory serves, in think in Dore, and people would show people what they'd built. 

There would sometimes be balloon rides taking of from the boardwalk, run by the guy that built up the airport next to Cordova. I can't remember his name. 

I ran into Steller Sunshine and received an early scripted flying aid that there was some kind of scandal about giving out that I didn't know about at the time. 

Some of the people I knew (to some degree, in SL terms, not RL) have died in RL. dirk.talamasca

I tried not to look up Cubey Terra's name in hopes that my old memory would work again, but I saw as while looking for someone else's name. 

Looking quickly through the list I see catherine.omega, blueman steele,  chance abattoir , daniel voyager,  hamlet au,  hiro pendragon, invect hasp, james dayton (the blue man), jeska.dzwigalski was Jeska Linden back then, Jurin Juran, Stillpink Sandgrain, who died in RL,  Taco Rubio, Timeless Prototype. 

I remember Starax Statosky.  And FlipperPA Peregrine.

I think I recall Trimming Hedges being a funny guy.

As happened at some point in my SL use, I logged into SL, but very rapidly went to the forums. 

I'd best post this before something goes wrong. 

My computer is not good enough to take a good screenshot, so I'm not taking one. 

Cristiano Midnight is another name I recall from back then. SLUniverse was the home away from home when the SL forums crashed. 

And Ulrika Zugzwang. She vanished from the SL so far as that name is concerned when she had a baby. She was funny and interesting. 

And Gwyneth Llewelyn

• Like 4

Welcome back, your name seems familiar but I don't know where from. It's entirely likely it was from when I was on my first av which is long gone (and forgotten at this point) anyway. It's also just as likely that I am entirely wrong...but still, welcome back anyway :) 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:34 AM, SuezanneC Baskerville said:

I tried not to look up Cubey Terra's name in hopes that my old memory would work again, but I saw as while looking for someone else's name. 

That suddenly rang a bell in my mind. I miss abbotts aerodrome...

On 3/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, SuezanneC Baskerville said:

I'm a fairly long term Second Life resident-user. I started on December 22, 2003. I still had time to get one of the early deals, it's been so long I can't remember, but I think it might have 4192 sm of land and a permanent income of L$500 or something like that. I had no idea I'd stay for as long as did, and money was really tight, so I passed on that offer. 

Later I was spending over 40 hours a week in SL, on top of an over 40 hour a week job, plus some kids! 

When I started, The Morris Ahern boardwalk was just that, the sandbox sims' names didn't start with Sandbox, and Cordova was the only complete sandbox sim, if memory serves. There was a sandbox area in Morris, and you'd head south from Morris and go past the vehicle sims after a while and get down to Cordova.  There was a little amphitheater and stage called Stage IV, if memory serves, in think in Dore, and people would show people what they'd built. 

There would sometimes be balloon rides taking of from the boardwalk, run by the guy that built up the airport next to Cordova. I can't remember his name. 

I ran into Steller Sunshine and received an early scripted flying aid that there was some kind of scandal about giving out that I didn't know about at the time. 

Some of the people I knew (to some degree, in SL terms, not RL) have died in RL. dirk.talamasca

Looking quickly through the list I see catherine.omega, blueman steele,  chance abattoir , daniel voyager,  hamlet au,  hiro pendragon, invect hasp, james dayton (the blue man), jeska.dzwigalski was Jeska Linden back then, Jurin Juran, Stillpink Sandgrain, who died in RL,  Taco Rubio, Timeless Prototype. 

I remember Starax Statosky.  And FlipperPA Peregrine.

I think I recall Trimming Hedges being a funny guy.

As happened at some point in my SL use, I logged into SL, but very rapidly went to the forums. 

I'd best post this before something goes wrong. 

My computer is not good enough to take a good screenshot, so I'm not taking one. 

Cristiano Midnight is another name I recall from back then. SLUniverse was the home away from home when the SL forums crashed. 

And Ulrika Zugzwang. She vanished from the SL so far as that name is concerned when she had a baby. She was funny and interesting. 

And Gwyneth Llewelyn

I'm still around 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.