elixdude

Do you like playing SL alone?

Following this post is somehow comforting.  I always thought I am the only person but when u found others just similar to u, u don't feels like a weirdo.  I hope everyone here manage to find joy while exploring sl.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, nikita2004 Ashley said:

Following this post is somehow comforting.  I always thought I am the only person but when u found others just similar to u, u don't feels like a weirdo.  I hope everyone here manage to find joy while exploring sl.  

You are either not a weirdo, or my kind of weirdo... either way, you're just fine.  As someone else has said: this is MY second life.  (yours too) -- it's up to us to do what we often cannot do in real life.  PLEASE OURSELVES.  Enjoy ourselves.  Be who and what and where and when we want to be.  Sometimes I just go to a beachy or fantasy space, and just listen to the ocean, the birds, the sounds of being outside I often cannot enjoy in my real life where it may be winter and I am definitely not sitting on  a beach.

The only wrong way to do SL (other than hurting ourselves or others) is to live it up to someone else's expectations and not enjoy it.   Want mesh, be mesh, want to walk around as a rooth, do that too... just as long as you are happy.  No ___ are owed to anyone!

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Yes

I am too tired. People sound fun but they are exhausting. 

If I could just hang with them when I wanted . But that would be rude . 

Maybe I like groups and activities more than friendships or families

Edited by Louminca
had finish thought
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I mostly stay by myself because I feel paranoid around people, thinking bad stuff will happen to me once I go out like copybotting and stuff, but I do hang with some friends now and then when I feel lonely in either my home or theirs.

And when I do go out to events and such, I change into my pillow avatar.

But honestly yeah, most of the time it's nice to be alone, no stress and just playing sims 4 and listening to music in the background :D

Edited by PixelBerry
  • Like 1

I have my moments. Hanging with friends is all fine and dandy, but being off by oneself can be relaxing and adventurous at the same time.

• Like 2

I have no problem with an entire log in being myself just doing my own things, but we are never really alone because we can tp anywhere open up a group chat, IM someone on a list etc, so it is probably easier to spend alone time because we are not really so alone.

I enjoy being around other people, and talking a little.  I just am very awkward around strangers, I never really know what to say.  I do have entire regions at my disposal for free, on opensim, but it just doesn't feel the same being away from everyone.  I love spending time creating things, and exploring, but there is a certain thrill to be had, knowing that at any moment I might meet someone new and have a short conversation.  

I spend the vast majority of my time socializing with other residents on this forum though. 

• Like 5

i find living my second life like my rl in this context, i don't want to hang out with everyone i see on the street, but instead i want to meet people i can have a deep connection to, discuss things we have in common, challenge each other and blow off steam and have some good old silly fun with. Not everyone is your close friend, why rush and force things that are not meant to be, instead i meet people , have a chat and laugh, but haven't really met the lets hang out on a regular basis, so alone is fine. I see a lot of people looking to fill a hole too eagerly, that when it turns into something ugly they get hurt(a lot of drama, or relationships,etc), that i want the real human connection, that cannot be bridged by pixels alone. I do realize that it is a sim and people all have their own outlook, design and goals for it, but i believe that any friendship that happens, happens naturally, and cannot have a want ad put out for it, and should be respected. Being alone is a natural aspect of any life , SL is no exception, but should be embrace as a time to understand oneself, and understand the world/sim around you, the people around you , etc... that way whether or not you are looking for something, you may recognize it better when you find it.

this is just my thoughts, everyone has their own, and more than a few .......hundred occasions i have been full of *****....lol

• Like 1

To be honest, most of SL is completely deserted and the majority of people are either customizing their avatars, taking photos, creating stuff, or what have you. I seldom see anyone really chatting or exploring with other people unless you know someone through someone. I dunno, maybe it’s just my experience, but I always spend my SL alone because it seems there’s no one else really around on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2019 at 6:51 AM, Ashlyn Voir said:

To be honest, most of SL is completely deserted and the majority of people are either customizing their avatars, taking photos, creating stuff, or what have you. I seldom see anyone really chatting or exploring with other people unless you know someone through someone. I dunno, maybe it’s just my experience, but I always spend my SL alone because it seems there’s no one else really around on it.

Thanks for saying that.

I can relate. It also bugs me how beautiful up-to-date sims are at ~6 users max at a time, while other 2007-looking places, which will not be quoted, are always packed to the point I can't move because of lag. 

shrugs.

Some people are mesh-nazi 😛 I'm furniture nazi, I like my environment looking super sharp.

• Like 1

I'm really shy and deal with a lot of anxiety when trying to speak with others so most definitely. I'm very fortunate that I do have a wonderful family circle in sl that I spend most of my time with, but other than that I indeed do a lot of exploring, shopping, bike riding, sailing, taking photos and blogging on my own in sl. I really have never minded my own company and actually get a lot of comfort in the solitude I do get.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, ErukaVonD said:

It also bugs me how beautiful up-to-date sims are at ~6 users max at a time, while other 2007-looking places, which will not be quoted, are always packed to the point I can't move because of lag. 

shrugs.

Some people are mesh-nazi 😛 I'm furniture nazi, I like my environment looking super sharp.

You are SO NOT ALONE in that ^.

It blows my mind, boggles it really, that with so much beautifully created objects and environments and bodies and skins and all of it that there still seems to be a culture of impassivity when it comes to detail. I can't for the life of me understand why. I do understand that beauty is subjective and in the eye of the beholder, and that everyone's tastes (and budgets) are different. But you would think there would come a point where the old prim and alpha models would adapt and upgrade to the present-day advances. Sure cost is a factor. But laziness has to be another.

I think if all of us detail-lovers banded together maybe we could collectively create something in-world to appease our collective eye-twitching against all the ugly that's out there. Then again in all reality we'd all probably just clash over what detail belonged precisely where and end up alone anyway because we couldn't agree. Then we'd all be back here on this very thread ruminating about this very thing...

It's a vicious cycle, really. 🤔

Edited by RaeLeeH
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

All too often, people take what I say humorously as me being serious and they take things I say seriously as if it were some kind of huge joke. 

I always seem to manage to say the wrong thing at just the right time to piss everyone off so I tend to be a loner. 

Ancient battles I am weary of fighting.

He was the wizard of a thousand kings
And I chanced to meet him one night wandering
He told me tales, and he drank my wine
Me and my magic man kinda feelin' fine

He had a cloak of gold and eyes of fire
And as he spoke, I felt a deep desire
To free the world from it's fear and pain
And help the people to feel free again

Why don't we listen to the voices in our hearts
'Cause then I know we'd find that we're not so far apart
Everybody's got to be happy, everyone should sing
For we know the joy of life, the peace that love can bring

So spoke the wizard in his mountain home
The vision of his wisdom means we'll never be alone
And I will dream of my magic night
And the million silver stars that guide me with their light
Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Sad 1

I miss the early years of SL. Crowded clubs, lots of people dancing and a very lively local chat.
Dancing till dawn, chatting for hours. Being happy with my SL partner. It seems all gone.

The last two years I was most of the time alone in SL. I am not often online anymore. I don't like SL anymore. And that makes me sad. When my premium account expires in september I will delete my account and leave this world forever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, Ina Fairport said:

. When my premium account expires in september I will delete my account and leave this world forever.

Sorry but deleting your account is pointless IMO. 

Just go down to basic, uninstall your viewer and when you getting nostalgia after a time "you" will be still here.   

• Like 6

I am a bit of a loner in SL..I like to wander about exploring sims, and taking pictures..I do have couple of really close friends I hang out with....I sometimes feel lonely, but that is just the way of things...I am really Shy in Real and suffer with complex mental health issues, so I am not really outgoing and stuff.

• Like 1

Back in my younger rez days, I used to be quite a busy person, managing a full residential region sim for ten years, teaching myself how to build, using non erotic roleplay sims as an outlet for the starving writer inside me. 

A couple of years ago, things changed for me in SL and in my physical world. Now, I mainly keep to myself, tend to my own land and continue to build and maintain my lil shop in Satori. For the last two years; however, I have been streaming my building sessions on Youtube, and it's been quite therapeutic for me. I am a very anxious introvert and honestly, I just have no 'umph' to try to go beyond my comfort zone to be social in-world; Either it's the wrong places or the wrong type of people or... it's just me being me that is a problem. Or maybe I just have forgotten how to be social in Second Life, not that I'm any better at it in the physical world mind you. 

So, yes I'm a loner in SL but at least I can share my SL through streaming and it helps me to gain confidence in my voice again, whilst I help people build a better Second Life for themselves. 

Thank you to the OP for this thread!

Kind Regards and Happy Mainlanding :) 

• Like 1

95% of my time on SL is alone..unless I'm standing silently next to someone who is in the same shopping sim lol 

I zoom in on avis a lot and read profiles. I'm more of a snoop than social, but my IMs are always open if someone wants to talk!  It is nice to know I'm not the only one who basically just plays virtual barbie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I joined 'cause I got bored of the sims so it's not like I came to sl to meet anyone. But I was at the public sandbox a lot so I did meet quite a few people and within a month I was over it. Most people I've met were so so needy and wanted attention every time I was online. Sometimes I would stay offline at certain times just 'cause I was anxious they'd be there lol! I dunno, I kinda feel like the people I have met were all after something and they were just looking for people in sl to fulfill some want or need of theirs. So yeah, now I just do my own thing. I mean, sorting inventory, checking out events, taking pictures, all that takes enough time as it is. I don't have time to be lured onto poseballs or whatever. Feels like I'm playing the sims again 😃

• Like 1

My best SL experiences ( exploring the mainland alone on a vehicle, crashing vigorously into regioncrossings ; skybox up high out of reach of others ) convinced me solitude is key.

Loving it like that.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 1:12 AM, elixdude said:

Hello, just wondering if any of you like playing SL alone, like you just login, dressing up your avi and stuff, continue decorate your parcel, go shopping, and then log off? :)

For me, since my old friends and lover mostly gone and dunno where to met, I ended up staying at my parcel all time and playing like The Sims :D

How about you guys?

Second Life kinda got boring for me.... i am a VERY social person.. i love to chat.. be silly... sing.. dance... be silly... .lol

When i first discovered the virtual world (it was 3DSex.com) was in 2012.... i was in EVERYONES faces.. chatting.. hollering.. giggling... singing... dancing.. it was a whole new beeeeuuuutiful world to me!
When i came to Second Life, went shopping i think... and i tried the same.. uggghhhh... boring a*#  people who never even LOOKED at local from what i can gather... i've been in a time or two since then... found a club that was very sociable... i liked it... danced, had fun... orgies.. DJ'd... DJ'd at orgies!! lol became assistant manager then found out the woman i thought was my friend was a backstabbing conniving b*Tch.... 

now i only come in to get f*#ked by strangers.... *shrugs* not so magical and personable and fun for me anymore when people don't want to talk to you....

• Confused 1

playing SL alone, like you just login, dressing up your avi and stuff, continue decorate your parcel, go shopping, and then log off

I didn't realise how simple my routine was until i saw it worded like this, lol. 

thats basically what i do, but.. this the exception that i do enjoy going to shopping events (and trying to find freebies) the good stuff though. i also enjoy 50linden fridays and saturday sales.. i also am enjoying this one hippie comune right now.. i dont always show up.. but i try to ..< which is my main form of being with a group. .. but other than that.. nope.. i also enjoy just peeking and looking at the "editors" picks .. im a sucker for a beautiful sim full of trees, water.. quiet peaceful places with nature.. loveeee them.

• Like 2

If I don't want to interact with other people I will typically stay offline and poke at Blender. If i'm on there is very little I might be doing that wouldn't turn out better if I was with someone else.

That doesn't necessarily means "absolutely anyone" however.

• Like 4

On 7/10/2019 at 11:45 PM, AdminGirl said:

I joined 'cause I got bored of the sims so it's not like I came to sl to meet anyone. But I was at the public sandbox a lot so I did meet quite a few people and within a month I was over it. Most people I've met were so so needy and wanted attention every time I was online. Sometimes I would stay offline at certain times just 'cause I was anxious they'd be there lol! I dunno, I kinda feel like the people I have met were all after something and they were just looking for people in sl to fulfill some want or need of theirs. So yeah, now I just do my own thing. I mean, sorting inventory, checking out events, taking pictures, all that takes enough time as it is. I don't have time to be lured onto poseballs or whatever. Feels like I'm playing the sims again 😃

Sul Sul! *gigglesnorts since only The Sims fans will get the reference* What you described is pretty much me thesedays. Throw in some occasional building, screwing up scripts, and tending my animesh pet/baby, and we are practically leading identical lives.

The more time goes on, the more my friends are drifting back into the evil clutches of this nefarious other game called "Real Life". I miss the old times. It's almost enough to make me reinstall TS4 again (especially now they have that Island release where sims can actually swim in the ocean after how many years waiting?!) buuuuut I don't know. Whenever I am in TS4 I miss the ability to talk in real time to others when and if I feel the need, to build, and script of course. The rest is basically a really watered-down, isolated version of SL in many ways, and if you hack TS4 enough you'll still get hit-on by naked strangers out of the blue regardless where you are. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing really. Not sure where my brain was going with that, but never mind, I'll shut up now! 🤣

P.S. ALL HAIL DEAR LEADER, AND GROGNAK THE DESTROYER!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 8:27 PM, Ina Fairport said:

I miss the early years of SL. Crowded clubs, lots of people dancing and a very lively local chat.
Dancing till dawn, chatting for hours. Being happy with my SL partner. It seems all gone.

The last two years I was most of the time alone in SL. I am not often online anymore. I don't like SL anymore. And that makes me sad. When my premium account expires in september I will delete my account and leave this world forever.

Same here. Even my hubby doesn't log in much, and my old good friends are gone.

But I still enjoy exploring new sims, mainly magic and RP,  and decorating my home. I miss the days when there were so many people around, clubs were packed and was so easy meeting new ppl, even those first camping spots which actually turned out to be a great place for making new friends. Now, I just see people at shopping malls, which is kind of sad

I'm hoping the new Bellisseria continent will bring those days back.

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 2