You must have payment info on file to sell L$.

Cindys Leissa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Cindys Leissa said:

Hello,

First time I see this message if I want to sell lindens, Is it a new requirement?

It's been there from the start, how else would LL get the money to you if you have no payment info on file? o.O

I don't know if it's new or not, since I have always had payment info on file.  But it sort of makes sense, when you think about it.

When you sell $L, the proceeds go into your $USD Balance.  From there, there are only three things you can do with it.

1.  Process Credit, to transfer money back to Real Life.  This requires a PayPal or Skrill account.  In other words, a payment method.
  2.  Use it to pay LL for Premium membership dues or land tier.  These also require that you have a payment method on file.
  3.  Use it to buy $L again.  This is simply dumb, because you lose money in both directions when you convert the $L to $USD and then from $USD back to $L.

So, for anything you might want to sell $L for, you need a payment method on file anyway, except in the case where you're simply doing something foolish.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Cindys Leissa said:

That's not possible, process-credit requests must be sent to a PayPal or Skrill account that you control.

as soon you sell L$ you have a USD balance and that is real money, so you need RL info on that.

Hello Cindys Leissa,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter. Regarding having a payment method to sell L$, that's in case if use want to use the funds from the sale, and if you run out of funds (L$) there's a back up.

If you were planning on doing a process credit, keep in mind you will need a PayPal account on file to do so.

If you need any further assistance or have any questions, please let us know!

With kind regards,

Jet Linden
Second Life Support
Linden Lab

???

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.