Second Life Winter Web Work

Alexa Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Greetings everyone!   The web team is working on a few different projects and in fine spirits.  We want to give you a quick update on what’s been happening with the team over the last few months.

Auctions are back up and running!  We’re continuing to work to streamline the experience and bring you a great variety of parcel options.  We’re also getting really close to releasing Resident to Resident Auctions!

Our bug reporting system (Jira) got an update.  

We’re doing a number of tweaks to the Join flow.  Certainly the biggest change there has been the new starter avatars. 

We’re also continuing our work on Marketplace and have rolled out the following updates:

• Merchants now have the ability to search through their order history with partial matches on recipient or sender, product name, store/merchant name
  • We now notify you if you have already purchased an item - If you’re on the page of a product you’ve already purchased, you will now see a green bar at the top of the product page which will say “you purchased this item on X date”
  • There's now an option on each edit listing page to turn off automatic redelivery. A non-copy-enabled product will have that option greyed out. Each product listing says whether automatic redelivery is available (either with a check mark or crossed out, similar to permissions)
  • If a merchant blocks a user, that user a) cannot purchase items from their store, and b) cannot receive items as gifts from that store. Items can be viewed and put into the cart, but checkout will not happen (items will be removed from the cart with a notification, similar to if they were just no longer available, or previously if a giftee blocked a gifter)
  • Added Favorites and Wishlist to dropdown under "my marketplace"
  • We fixed the bug where Clicking to a search result switches search palette to “Search this store”
  • We fixed an issue with the "Share this item" widget malfunction
  • We fixed issues with Gifting items to other users
  • We fixed the issue where adding both a gift and an item for yourself into your cart delivered both item to you

Thank you for making Second Life great!  We look forward to hearing from you!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It uses your in world block list in the viewer: Communicate -> Block list.
It's not optional - any avatar you have on your in world block list will not be able to purchase from your store or be able to be gifted from your store.

In other words, the "easiest" method they could have used and the one that presents the most problems in the end.

Gee, and some wondered why there were users who said such a function was a bad idea ...

• Like 1

If they weren't going to implement an MP specific block list, they probably should have given each Merchant a tick box for whether or not they wanted their inworld block list to apply to the MP.   At least then, the Merchant can decide what works best for them.

I love the consumer related changes they've made to the MP.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Perhaps i missed something, but how about the Grid status page? I asked this earlier this week in another thread, but no response yet.
For me it still shows older open issues that, according to other posts, are solved. It kinda worries me such important source of info for residents isn't working properly without any official anouncement.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

It uses your in world block list in the viewer: Communicate -> Block list.
It's not optional - any avatar you have on your in world block list will not be able to purchase from your store or be able to be gifted from your store.

This makes sense, actually. It's not a "merchant feature", but rather a "purchaser protection" - since you can always send money to someone blocking you, but not receive their junk.

22 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

In other words, the "easiest" method they could have used and the one that presents the most problems in the end.

Gee, and some wondered why there were users who said such a function was a bad idea ...

Yes, but also as I've stated above, it's not for you, the merchant. Simple is as simple does: sometimes it's the best, most efficient, most feasible, and most desired way to go when it benefits the many and not the one (as a famous Alien dude once said).

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If they weren't going to implement an MP specific block list, they probably should have given each Merchant a tick box for whether or not they wanted their inworld block list to apply to the MP.   At least then, the Merchant can decide what works best for them.

I love the consumer related changes they've made to the MP.

That sounds like a LOT of work when this simplest, most direct path is probably the best.

• Like 3

• Lindens
On 3/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, Ethan Paslong said:

Perhaps i missed something, but how about the Grid status page? I asked this earlier this week in another thread, but no response yet.
 For me it still shows older open issues that, according to other posts, are solved. It kinda worries me such important source of info for residents isn't working properly without any official anouncement.

Ethan, the forums are not an effective way of communicating with Lindens.  While we occasionally lurk here and even crawl out of the woodwork once in a while, we do not monitor the forums for bug reports.  But! There is a place which we monitor for those, every day.  A bug report with screenshots on there is sure to get our attention very soon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm no longer an active merchant Alyona (and have not been such for a long time) - my statement comes from the perspective of a consumer and simple common sense.

Tying the Marketplace merchant side block function to the "in world" communication block list was the "easiest" method they could have used and the one that presents the most potential and actual problems.

Blocking communications does not always equate to a desire to block a purchase, as odd as that may sound.

Edited by Solar Legion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is a late entry, though I would like to ask something as well.  Is it possible to uncheck DEMO, so that those of us who shop do not half to fight or block the page off our computers when we don't want to see demo's when we shop?  As having a bit of knowledge of programming, I know that one can set up a flag to look for certain things to check ( I used to be a web designer).  There is a section on the left for NO MOD / NO COPY/ NO TRANSFER.  I would love to see another one added NO DEMO.

It is rather tedious when you have to put a bunch of * and other remarks into a search section just to look through to locate something.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

xvxRUBYxvx Praga

(though a newbie here in posting, I've been in SL over 11 years) 

Major Shopper. ;)

Edited by xvxRUBYxvx Praga

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.