New viewer .. help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Morning Y'all
I need some assistance if you would with finding out how to download/install Black dragon! I've used firestorm past year or so....but the recent Animesh version kept crashing and affecting my computer and even the older version won't work fully now and I'm thinking its time for a change!

I did a full recovery on my PC and every time I attempt to download Black Dragon it says Its extracting the files but when I click it - it gives me an error about not installed properly and etc.... I considered switching to SL viewer but I use RLV and need something that will work with it ~ Any help will be much appreciated!!

xo

Are you by chance running an antivirus program/bitdefender/windows defender that is deleting one or more files when unpacking?

All you need to do is go to the download page, download the latest version (as of my writing 3.4.2) and the correct version for your CPU (AVX for 2011+ and the normal for older ones) and start the unpacker, select a folder and let it unpack. Unless any program is blocking or deleting files you should be fine, if in doubt, disable them while unpacking, start the viewer see if it works, then start all programs again and see if it deletes/breaks files again.

Sorry it took so long to answer, i don't read these forums much.

I'd also highly recommend not posting on these Forums, they are for Second Life and mainly for the official Viewer, hence why i read them rarely, if you need help with my Viewer your best bet would be simply contacting me, there's Discord, there's my blog and you can just IM me inworld too.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 1
On 2/28/2019 at 5:58 AM, inuyashafan4 said:

Morning Y'all
I need some assistance if you would with finding out how to download/install Black dragon! I've used firestorm past year or so....but the recent Animesh version kept crashing and affecting my computer and even the older version won't work fully now and I'm thinking its time for a change!

I did a full recovery on my PC and every time I attempt to download Black Dragon it says Its extracting the files but when I click it - it gives me an error about not installed properly and etc.... I considered switching to SL viewer but I use RLV and need something that will work with it ~ Any help will be much appreciated!!

xo

Blackdragon is an awesome viewer, but it has a steep learning curve because it is so very different. I've left Firestorm myself and settled on Catznip as it has most of the useful features of FS along with some amazing features FS doesn't have and the newest release (a couple of weeks ago) blows FS away performance-wise (Whatever you get at middle graphic in FS, you'll likely get at High or Ultra in the new Catz).

But also try and play with the others, too: Kokua is much simpler and even closer to LL viewer interface-wise (even more than Catznip). The point is: it sounds like a perfect time to download and give more of them a go. Because Firestorm is a great viewer, but it ain't all that. Most popular doesn't mean best.

Edited by Alyona Su
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.