TELEPORT ON GROUP SEARCH

ultimateslasher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i'M new to second life well 116 days old ahaa..what i'm wanting to know is iv'e just made up a group an when i look for it in the search tab it's there but i don't see where you can Teleport,it just as a more info tab.Could someone tell me how do i get it as to where there is a Teleport link also.i see some Groups have Teleport's an some not.Thank your for your time.

Edited by ultimateslasher

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, ultimateslasher said:

i'M new to second life well 116 days old ahaa..what i'm wanting to know is iv'e just made up a group an when i look for it in the search tab it's there but i don't see where you can Teleport,it just as a more info tab.Could someone tell me how do i get it as to where there is a Teleport link also.i see some Groups have Teleport's an some not.Thank your for your time.

If I am understanding you correctly.  you just paste a slurl for the teleport destination in the group info alongside any other information you want shown regarding the group

like this  (I am not advertising)

17a4d93e4dafd6ff3d47431a67e63e45.png

• Like 1

You can only Teleport to places/land.  A Group is not an inworld place, thus you cannot teleport to a Group.  As Rolig said, many groups do own inworld land and their Group descriptions will often contain the SLURL to said land.  It is thus the Group land that you are actually teleporting to.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If I am understanding you correctly.  you just paste a slurl for the teleport destination in the group info alongside any other information you want shown regarding the group

like this  (I am not advertising)

17a4d93e4dafd6ff3d47431a67e63e45.png

I mean in the search for my group when i search i find it but it just as the Info tab not a Teleport link to the destination,please can you explain how i do this so it as a Teleport to it..Thank You..;)

1 minute ago, ultimateslasher said:

I mean in the search for my group when i search i find it but it just as the Info tab not a Teleport link to the destination,please can you explain how i do this so it as a Teleport to it..Thank You..;)

See the replies from Littleme and Rolig.   A group is not a destination and therefore you can't click any teleport directly from searching.  If your group owns land that is set to show in search then you need to use search places tab not group tab

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.