Selling pics

MorrianaDarkstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, MorrianaDarkstar said:

Hello I made a portrait of myself hinking to put it in the frame and put it in MP for sale. Can I do that and what exactly are rules for this?

Yes, you can do that as long as there are no background details that may cause IP problems.

All the general rules for selling content in SL apply but there are no specific ones for something like this. I suppose you're talking about you avatar, not an RL photo, and it would be nice of you to give credit to the creators of the parts in the item description, but you don't have to do that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Yes, you can do that as long as there are no background details that may cause IP problems.

All the general rules for selling content in SL apply but there are no specific ones for something like this. I suppose you're talking about you avatar, not an RL photo, and it would be nice of you to give credit to the creators of the parts in the item description, but you don't have to do that.

Yes I mean portrait of my avi. Thank you for the info

1 hour ago, MorrianaDarkstar said:

In each category ON MP  I need to list it?

Nope, you would just list it in one category. In fact, you can't list it in more than one category anyway.

In this case, I believe it would most appropriately belong under the art category and then select which subcategory in there it fits under Photos the best, personally. You *must select a subcategory, you cannot(should not, I should say) list it under just "Art".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Nope, you would just list it in one category. In fact, you can't list it in more than one category anyway.

In this case, I believe it would most appropriately belong under the art category and then select which subcategory in there it fits under Photos the best, personally. You *must select a subcategory, you cannot(should not, I should say) list it under just "Art".

Thank you so very much for your advice Tari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.