Firestorm Viewer

Harley Hynes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life viewers are large programs.
I suspect Firestorm probably uses the most storage space out of all the viewers because we have a lot of different skin options for the viewer & all those extra skin files & textures take up space.

I just installed the Linden viewer & that needs 342 MB of storage so it's not that much smaller.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Harley Hynes said:

I installed SL and firestorm is taking 400mb  of storage? i have used other and i like firestorm the most but it takes up way to much storage. 

What size hard drive do you use that 400mb takes up too much storage? I have a 2TB drive and the storage for FS is a drop in the bucket.

Even with FS, 3 MMOs, ARC, Steam, Origin and all the other programs I have on this pc, plus all the saved games from the singleplayer games I have installed, I still have 1.58TB free, so your complaint doesn't make sense.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

You must have downloaded the 64 bit you can save 50mb if you use the 32 bit on my machine 64 bit comes up as 400mb 32 bit as 350mb

Running 32 bit on a 64 bit OS is asking for more trouble than it's worth to save 50mb. 

External harddrives make excellent storage and leaves more room on your main drive for programs.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.