Sign in to follow this  
RebeccaElizabeth58

Premium Account

I have been considering getting a premium account for a long time now. But what is stopping me is where I hear that if you don't renew it, you're account is frozen. So, I don't want to loose my account but what if in  a year from now, I want to go back to a basic account? Also, I remember hearing that LL was going to add new style of homes, what happened there? Thank you :)

Your account is only frozen if at any point your payment method fails when it tries to charge you.

You can go freely back and forth between premium and non premium without anything  happening at all. I did that for a while when I was only active in SL for a month then a month not and so on. A premium subscription is like a Netflix subscription in that sense. You can cancel it by the month and pick it up easily again at a later date.

Nowadays I just pay for a years worth of premium in advance.

Not sure where you heard that rumor, but its blatantly false. Why on earth would LL freeze your account simple because you decide you no longer want to be a premium member? That makes exactly zero sense.

• Like 2

I keep hearing this a lot too and it's a bit of misinformation. After a year (or whatever payment term you chose) if you don't switch back to a basic account, LL will assume you want to continue with your premium subscription and bill you for another period. If you have not got the US$ credit in your account they will attempt to bill your payment method. If this also fails they will make your balance negative and try again another day. They will continue trying for 30 days and if they still cannot process the payment they will put your account in "delinquency status". This will still allow you to access secondlife.com to clear the balance but you will be unable to login to the viewer. 

If you decide you no longer want to be premium, just remember to change back to a basic account before your premium term is up and they will not try to bill you for another cycle and your account will remain open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2